StarStruck

Latest video about relativism

26 posts in this topic

I understood all the concepts discussed and there is nothing I disagree with but this video made me very uncomfortable. Now I’m curious about the subject. Are there any recommended books or resources about spiritual relativism which will put things into perspective? I feel like the carpet has been pulled away from under me. 

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Are there any recommended books or resources about spiritual relativism which will put things into perspective?

No! Lol

The point of relativism is that you cannot do that.

Any book you read will claim to be the truth, but it cannot be.

Reality cannot be put into perspective because it is the sum total of all perspectives.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Reality cannot be put into perspective because it is the sum total of all perspectives.

Nice.  This is reality seen through the lens of the Network of Perspectives Paradigm.  This is Turquoise Metaphysics.  It's a useful model for sure that should be integrated and loosely clung to: only the pros of it though, not the cons of it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No! Lol

The point of relativism is that you cannot do that.

Any book you read will claim to be the truth, but it cannot be.

I was going to ask: wouldn’t that make us nihilistic?... but I just realized that is another perspective. 

8 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I was going to ask: wouldn’t that make us nihilistic?... but I just realized that is another perspective. 

Correct.

But don't forget the Absolute.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Correct.

But don't forget the Absolute.

So the only thing we can “grab on” is the absolute? Because all perspectives and concepts are relative?

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice.  This is reality seen through the lens of the Network of Perspectives Paradigm.  This is Turquoise Metaphysics.  It's a useful model for sure that should be integrated and loosely clung to: only the pros of it though, not the cons of it.

The thing that comes to my mind when reading this is this: the human mind can only piece together so many perspectives. Our mind is like a laser so we can put our attention on limited amount of things. I try to imagine how it is to be turquoise. It seems to me it is very hard  to piece together all the perspective and still function as a normal human being because one’s attention would go in every direction. For example imagine a green stage person in an office who looks at things from his own and his company’s perspective. And imagine a turquoise colleague of the green stage person who doesn’t look at things from his own perspective but from the “network of perspectives” or sum total of perspectives. Why would he even work for that company? Is the turquoise person looking at things from sum total of the perspectives but still pursuing self interest?

Edited by StarStruck

@possibilities Langan’s theory is within Absolute. One cannot capture it in a theory. 

The Absolute blows away an IQ of 190-210. That is like asking if a smart ant is more intelligent than a human. . . . Absolute is waaay beyond human intelligence. This is much more radical than you realize. 

The Absolute is beyond all theories or human IQ. It engineered humans.

@possibilities You are still contracted within human thought constructs. 

you don’t “know” the infinite. You *are* infinite. 

5 hours ago, StarStruck said:

The thing that comes to my mind when reading this is this: the human mind can only piece together so many perspectives. Our mind is like a laser so we can put our attention on limited amount of things. I try to imagine how it is to be turquoise. It seems to me it is very hard  to piece together all the perspective and still function as a normal human being because one’s attention would go in every direction. For example imagine a green stage person in an office who looks at things from his own and his company’s perspective. And imagine a turquoise colleague of the green stage person who doesn’t look at things from his own perspective but from the “network of perspectives” or sum total of perspectives. Why would he even work for that company? Is the turquoise person looking at things from sum total of the perspectives but still pursuing self interest?

Being turquoise doesn't make your brain have an infinite capacity :D It's not like you remember stuff.

I would say that green can understand how others feel, which affects their situation in life, but they still hate many of the stages. Yellow then understands all of the colours, how they see the world, on many different levels. And then I don't know where yellow ends and turquoise starts really, but I don't think it makes you into a person, who doesn't know what to pursue because of some mental mess, even though that can be the case.

I guess the best thing you can do is to work on yourself as hard as possible, because if you want to help others, you mustn't be a hypocrite and you better not bullshit other people, that's why you need to be developed yourself. There is not a clear distinction between selfishness and selflessness. Selfish behavior can be a selfless behavior in an indirect way and vice versa.

I think that if you interact with people and you understand, that they are God and that they have some survival strategy, that is working for them and you love that - then you can start understanding people on a whole new level in my opinion, but it takes a lot of concentration and awareness. I think @Serotoninluv  talked on this forum about turquoise compassion :) 

@possibilities From your POV you don't know, so that is that.

But also be open that total omniscience is possible. It is. You're just very far from it at this point in your truth-seeking journey. But one day you might land smack dab in the middle of it.

29 minutes ago, possibilities said:

logically

haha this is way beyond any notion of logic.

26 minutes ago, possibilities said:

the authors, using (their) intelligence to make a position about the relativistic nature of ideas even though its the degree of their intelligence that determines said validity of their statements. One cannot say that they're logically attempting to make logical statements about x that are about not being able to understand the full logic about x because the logic will always be relative.

The nature of logic is that it will always end in paradox and self-contraction due to the problem of self-reference which I explained in my video:

• Reality Is A Strange Loop
  • The Metaphysical Implications Of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem - Part 1

Any complete logical framework MUST be self-contradictory. Any non-contradictory logical framework MUST be incomplete. This is what Godel proved. And it is true.

@possibilities I am aware of Langan's theories, but I am beyond them. And really beyond all possible theories. None of that is Absolute Consciousness.

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I actually love the latest video

He speak my language

It would have felt more complete if he didn't separate the relative and the Absolute..

^This..is too broad of a topic to explain. I'm on tour now. Neither do I feel like it's relevant to every one.

@Joseph Maynor Would you say i'm a turquoise then? But spiral dynamic doesn't even make sense to me. Am I blue? Red? Yellow? Green? Beige?  Orange?

Nvmd, I got it.  

@Leo Gura it would be a whole different thing when you do combine the Absolute and the relative...

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@possibilities Langan’s theory is within Absolute. One cannot capture it in a theory. 

The Absolute blows away an IQ of 190-210. That is like asking if a smart ant is more intelligent than a human. . . . Absolute is waaay beyond human intelligence. This is much more radical than you realize. 

I'd rather not ask what your definition of Absolute is... 

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The nature of logic is that it will always end in paradox and self-contraction due to the problem of self-reference which I explained in my video:

• Reality Is A Strange Loop
  • The Metaphysical Implications Of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem - Part 1

Any complete logical framework MUST be self-contradictory. Any non-contradictory logical framework MUST be incomplete. This is what Godel proved. And it is true.

These two videos stick in my mind till now. Maybe I would understand it differently if I watch it again now

5 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Being turquoise doesn't make your brain have an infinite capacity :D It's not like you remember stuff.

I would say that green can understand how others feel, which affects their situation in life, but they still hate many of the stages. Yellow then understands all of the colours, how they see the world, on many different levels. And then I don't know where yellow ends and turquoise starts really, but I don't think it makes you into a person, who doesn't know what to pursue because of some mental mess, even though that can be the case.

I guess the best thing you can do is to work on yourself as hard as possible, because if you want to help others, you mustn't be a hypocrite and you better not bullshit other people, that's why you need to be developed yourself. There is not a clear distinction between selfishness and selflessness. Selfish behavior can be a selfless behavior in an indirect way and vice versa.

I think that if you interact with people and you understand, that they are God and that they have some survival strategy, that is working for them and you love that - then you can start understanding people on a whole new level in my opinion, but it takes a lot of concentration and awareness. I think @Serotoninluv  talked on this forum about turquoise compassion :) 

But how does that jive with self interest from a turquoise/yellow point of view? So it is not  contradicting to defend yourself (at the expense of others if you must, but preferably not), defend your country (so for example blue/orange stage society doesn’t take over), enrich yourself (to get financial freedom to have time to self actualize)because one’s self interest represents the good of the greater picture?? 

Edited by StarStruck

@possibilities Unfortunately I can only communicate to you with statements. I'm actually trying to point at something beyond all of this though. Beyond our concepts and understanding. Beyond any thought we could make about it. 

@possibilities All positions ultimately collapse. Within a contracted mindset, it will appear as if I am taking a position when I point you to Absolute.

I cannot pick up a beach and show it to you. I can point you to the beach or show you a handful of sand. If you contract yourself within that handful of sand, you will not see the beach.