Aakash

Why is knowing something is a concept not enough to get rid of traumatic psychology

49 posts in this topic

Why is it that knowing something is a concept, not enough to stop you thinking about something traumatic that happened. So for example, if I do inner psychology work and get to the root of the problem and understand it as conceptually wrong. 

Why does it not instantly get rid of it ?  

I feel like if I work on it practically then I’m giving power to the traumatic experience to then get over it. So at first I thought if I conceptually understood it, it would vanish. But this doesn’t seem the case 

I don’t want to do something motivated by an experience I went through that was not me anyway. 

Note: I say traumatic experience but it was just something really personal, that felt traumatic. 

All experiences lead you where are you now.

How much wisdom you gathered? 

How much have you grown? 

Leave all traumas behind they do not serve you anymore. Let it all go. Embrace New life in Truth. ?️?❤️

Lol that’s all well and true, but it seems I’m going to have to do something practical ! Instead of just letting go, is it really just as easy as letting go ! 

@Aakash good you realize it’s not enough to understand intellectually what our problems are...next is to dive into the emotional body, heal the inner child and even change the experience from the past 

this is what I’ve been learning about recently 

Edited by DrewNows

You need to act or do the proper change in the same conditions or pressure that it was created, otherwise it will not be the same value. 

Could you explain what you mean in more detail. 

I feel like everything we know to be ourselves can be rooted back to an experience, even picking up a social belief can be a root issue. 

But doesn’t healing it using action mean your giving power to it, say for example I feel I need to go to the gym to get woman, it’s easier to understand the concept and know not to do it as that reason but as health. But going to the gym you can’t help but feel motivated for the woman. But going to the gym therefore meant you want woman and that’s why your going . It would be a different story if you never had the thought about woman and then went to the gym . 

This is only an example for debate 

@Aakash

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Lol that’s all well and true, but it seems I’m going to have to do something practical ! Instead of just letting go, is it really just as easy as letting go ! 

Well root is what you are most afraid of. You  do not really want to go directly there.?

?

@Aakash It's rooted in your subconscious. You have to become more concious everyday and then when you have a breakthrough, you can redefine your subconscious with positivity, good habits etc. along with moving across the happiness spectrum to better forms of happiness.

So i have to go directly to the root of each psychological issue I picked up , re-act the same situation and change the outcome for me to not fear it? 

So taking this gym debate, I need to go on date with girls looking exactly like I do ? And then only after I have gained confidence, I can go to the gym to feel healthy instead of being motivated by going for girls to think I look attractive ? 

Thinking is more relative thinking, purification at the root is consciousness. More is cleared, and there’s more clarity. Love/Truth reinterprets, and there is more inspiration. Then you begin to know yourself as the concepts, not by the concepts. 

Go to the gym if you want to. Either way, if you know who you are girls are no problem. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Let me use another example , I am scared of bees and wasp I once got stung, never liked the feeling but it was enforced when I heard a story about a bee going into someone’s brain through their ears , hatching eggs and the guy died because we had 8 bees in his brain. 

The other day a wasp was in my room and I was terrified to go into it, I didn’t want to kill it like I did the last one because I was trying to be more conscious of natural life, so I tried to capture it in a cup and slide a paper underneath. But at the moment of going to do this, I froze. 

Inside I thought to myself; this is ridiculous. I am only dreaming all of life anyway, to be scared of pain from a wasp sting is stupid. But yet I couldn’t bring myself to capture it, so I called my dad to get rid of it and he basically just killed it. 

Whats the understanding and work that needs to be done to fix this as another example. 

That's the problem with silly, shallow self-help understandings of human nature. They don't work. The issues we have are deep-rooted in the psyche, and can't be changed with a simple surface understanding. 

That's why I've recommended psychoanalytic psychotherapy so many times.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

So nahm how would you use consciousness to purify the roots. I thought thinking of it as a concept itself would shine consciousness onto it and purify it but it’s as you said it’s only relative and not the actual love and truth you could say. So how does one purify fears with consciousness, if it’s not by understanding concepts ? 

@winterknight so what makes psychoanalytics so different. It’s obvious to me now that I can’t get rid of any of my fears and deeply ingrained experiences that affected my psychology using conceptual understanding that Leo provides and even listening to videos of any enlightened beings talk about there being no self etc. But I felt like if I took action and did the opposite to solve it, it doesn’t solve it at its root. Another example is to live the best life, I feel like It’s to do something amazing, examples in my past have been choosing subjects to one day be the one to find a cure to cancer, learning about enlightenment to open the minds of others, creating something that revolutionises the world. In one aspect it’s not like I’m wrong to say these things, but if I look into it deeply it’s because I want to say “hey look Im smart, and you are just as smart as me, so you should do something too” but the more I’ve learnt about being human, the more I’ve realised I’m not really doing it from a position of love. It’s turned into a need! Where I won’t be satisfied with life any other way and that is because of ego. But enlightenment is teaching me that it’s okay to be an average person with no ambitions. But my body rejects it, I can’t believe in this as truth. Like you have one life you should live it completely. Anyways it’s turning pathological and I don’t think any amount realising it’s a concept and the world doesn’t exsist will get rid of what ever psychological issue is buried there. 

25 minutes ago, Aakash said:

So i have to go directly to the root of each psychological issue I picked up , re-act the same situation and change the outcome for me to not fear it? 

So taking this gym debate, I need to go on date with girls looking exactly like I do ? And then only after I have gained confidence, I can go to the gym to feel healthy instead of being motivated by going for girls to think I look attractive ? 

Let the root come to you...when you’re triggered by trauma, welcome it with open arms, sit and listen, learn and love 

dont get in the way of yourself, just observe and let the integrating happen 

Trauma can occur even without being aware with it, even without any memory of the experience. This is why trauma as a baby is not to be disregarded. Trauma is an actual rewiring of the brain. So you have to rewire it to get rid of it. This is why intellectual understanding doesn't work. The brains wiring goes much much deeper. Which is why just saying to let go doesn't work. 

@Nahmso your tellling me if I sat down and meditated and I sat down and bought consciousness to the feeling of fear of the bee sting. Eventually it would just vanish ? 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight so what makes psychoanalytics so different. It’s obvious to me now that I can’t get rid of any of my fears and deeply ingrained experiences that affected my psychology using conceptual understanding that Leo provides and even listening to videos of any enlightened beings talk about there being no self etc. But I felt like if I took action and did the opposite to solve it, it doesn’t solve it at its root. Another example is to live the best life, I feel like It’s to do something amazing, examples in my past have been choosing subjects to one day be the one to find a cure to cancer, learning about enlightenment to open the minds of others, creating something that revolutionises the world. In one aspect it’s not like I’m wrong to say these things, but if I look into it deeply it’s because I want to say “hey look Im smart, and you are just as smart as me, so you should do something too” but the more I’ve learnt about being human, the more I’ve realised I’m not really doing it from a position of love. It’s turned into a need! Where I won’t be satisfied with life any other way and that is because of ego. But enlightenment is teaching me that it’s okay to be an average person with no ambitions. But my body rejects it, I can’t believe in this as truth. Like you have one life you should live it completely. Anyways it’s turning pathological and I don’t think any amount realising it’s a concept and the world doesn’t exsist will get rid of what ever psychological issue is buried there. 

Because psychoanalysis is not just about concepts, it’s about emotions and relationships, and it is far, far more sophisticated than just reading internet articles and trying to change yourself. 

There is a science and an art to all this. 

Do you think you could perform surgery on yourself by watching YouTube videos? No? Then why believe you could make massive changes in your psyche all by yourself, without spending decades learning?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight your right, I can’t argue with that. If I’m being honest, it’s quite bad now that I think about it, but I think I unconsciously took inspiration from Leo reading thousands of books and it seeming like he sorted out his psychology. 

Which now i understand is kinda stupid 

but it was reinforced by the fact there are so many enlightened people on here!!!! And I bet none of them went to psychologists, (except you) so it means that it WAS possible to do it through reading books etc.