1liamo78

Leo's idea about reincarnation

21 posts in this topic

In Leo's video the one before last on meaning of life, he talks about how we are reincarnated, and we (God) choose to divide itself again to be reborn, but how could it be true when we take into consideration the earths population, the population has been growing massively, so dosnt that show that it's not just the same souls being reborn over and over again but new "souls", if it was the same souls then the population wouldn't be caused by Eccononic and political conditions etc?

@1liamo78

Reincarnation is originally a Hindu and a Buddhist belief. There was no world population back then. To me, it seems so silly.

Nevertheless, that's not what is meant by reincarnation. You're treating the "soul" that is being reincarnated as a separate entity, while in their paradigm it's one and it's everywhere and everyone all at the same time. Which honestly, to me, is even more silly.

But who knows? I could be wrong.

You're thinking about this dualistically god is infinite and inexhaustible, it doesn't matter how many beings their is in the universe, its still always the brahman(one) and you are all of them, but you can only experience being limited one at a time 

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

21 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

In Leo's video the one before last on meaning of life, he talks about how we are reincarnated, and we (God) choose to divide itself again to be reborn, but how could it be true when we take into consideration the earths population, the population has been growing massively, so dosnt that show that it's not just the same souls being reborn over and over again but new "souls", if it was the same souls then the population wouldn't be caused by Eccononic and political conditions etc?

What is your definition of a soul? I think you may be trying to force fit your distinction of what a soul is into your interpretation of what Leo was communicating. 

@1liamo78 You are still assuming an external objective world within which beings reside. This notion must be discarded if you wish to understand spirituality.

Don't assume the Earth's population or even the Earth as an object fact.

You are inside a dream. Never mistake the content within the dream as having a greater reality than the dreamer of the dream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Wouldn't the fact that god gets bored indicate that he is not perfect, or that he needs to do so much changes to satisfy a feeling which is different in nature than the actual changes or the process of change. Wouldn't the source of gods boredom be above her? Can't god create or erase feelings at will if it even is supposed to have feelings? If the feeling of boredom is needed to be explored that way to experience his/her/its infinite nature then what does his anger cause if his mere boredom does incarnation, and so on, they can't be all merged in the solution of boredom.

Edited by ColdFacts

@ColdFacts I used that word "bored" in a loose metaphoric sense. Don't take it too literally.

In the strictest sense God just is. This is-ness necessitates all things.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ColdFacts I used that word "bored" in a loose metaphoric sense. Don't take it too literally.

I see, ernest holmes in science of the mind does a similiar describtion , where god has infinite personalities and so on and says that he needs to express himself or his nature, since it was so similiar to your i assumed it was at least some bit deep into the actual meaning. But i see your approach now.

@ColdFacts All understanding is metaphoric.

@ColdFacts don't hang onto words so much is Leo's point. I've said many times myself use words to express yourself but never let those words use you. if you need a more accurate way to explain it so that you can relate, it's not that God was bored but lonely and wanted to be able to examine/experience itself from infinite different perspectives.

@Leo Gura it was a fantastic video by the way and even if I'm not understanding it properly there are some very interesting and positive ways of thinking about life

38 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Brenzo2 ok, maybe I am thinking about what a soul is to simplisticly

Don't think too complicated nor too simplistically. The two have no real existence anyway. ? 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:29 PM, 1liamo78 said:

how could it be true when we take into consideration the earths population, the population has been growing massively, 

Simply put, the source of reincarnating souls is not limited to earthling humans.

You've got beings from other planets, beings from higher realms (e.g. Jesus), your higher animals graduating to human, etc.

@Haumea2018 after thinking about it. Maybe souls can only enter a body when one becomes available and when the situation allows for a bigger population then more souls can enter 

On 30/05/2019 at 3:12 PM, Mikael89 said:

Maybe there is only one, immortal, infinite soul: Consciousness. So of course it would be able to create a infinite amount of apparently separate individuals.

t was a fantastic video by the way and even if I'm not understanding it properly there are some very interesting and poitive says of thinking about life

2 hours ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Haumea2018 after thinking about it. Maybe souls can only enter a body when one becomes available and when the situation allows for a bigger population then more souls can enter 

There is only one 'soul'. I may be mistaken but I think you're complicating the matter! :)

*More* souls implies duality. 

Edited by Brenzo2

One/many is a duality.

Theres isnt such thing as individual souls, differents between them. We are awarenesses, like droplets of water all of them are equal. Awareness, or consciousness is a phenomena that happens inside of us. Is just a mirror which the universe can look into himself.