apparentlynoself

Why does Leo not like meditation anymore?

11 posts in this topic

Hello! Ever since I've started watching actualized.org, I have been listening to Leo talking about how meditation is the number one habit that we must do. And after many videos, I decided to give it a try. I have been meditating for over a year now and all of a sudden, Leo does not talk about meditation as highly as he did. He says how meditation is ineffective. Now, is this because he is doing enlightenment and nonduality work? Or does he really think meditation is useless? What hurts me is that he even says how yoga is more effective than meditation, which utterly confuses me. 

"A great challenge of life: Knowing enough to think you're doing it right, but not enough to know you're doing it wrong."

- Neil Degrasse Tyson

7 minutes ago, apparentlynoself said:

Hello! Ever since I've started watching actualized.org, I have been listening to Leo talking about how meditation is the number one habit that we must do. And after many videos, I decided to give it a try. I have been meditating for over a year now and all of a sudden, Leo does not talk about meditation as highly as he did. He says how meditation is ineffective. Now, is this because he is doing enlightenment and nonduality work? Or does he really think meditation is useless? What hurts me is that he even says how yoga is more effective than meditation, which utterly confuses me. 

It's because he is now livin' the american dream in his new found sports car called 5 meo.

The poor old mechanical japanese richshaw probably doesn't attract him anymore lol xD
JapaneseRickshaw.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

which one would you choose? B|

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@apparentlynoself

I can't remember him saying it's useless, just that psychodelica like 5meo are much more potent tools. This doesn't mean you should stop meditation. Keep the practice, it's one of the best things you can do for yourself. Stick with it for years and years and years, for most ppl it needs time to build up

@apparentlynoself I find it helpful to engage in various spiritual practices. Over time, the categories of meditation and non-meditation begin to collapse. 

I find it helpful to have formal meditation sessions sitting on a cushion in a quiet setting to help ground and limit distractions. It’s more likely presence of being will reveal itself. Over time, that presence of being may reveal itself outside of my meditation room. I may be sitting in mature and realize that meditative presence - “holy smokes, I’m meditating”. The boundaries between meditation vs non/meditation break down. . . Yet I still find formal meditation sessions helpful. It’s easy or the ego to blow off practicing meditation by thinking “I’ll just meditate while I’m running or driving to work”. This can be an avoidance tactic for the ego. . . On the flip side, one’s meditation practice can also become an escape from regular life.

He never said to stop meditating - keep meditating !

@Preetom that is pretty funny though :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Preetom 5 meo doesn't dissolve the sense of self permanently but will definitely help understand what enlightenment is and what is tried to communicate to the seekers.

But one has to take the Japanese rickshaw to attain enlightenment ???

Who said that Leo doesn't like meditation anymore?

I bet he still meditates. 

Also he told people to continue their meditation practice.

Meditation has no risks unlike psychedlics. And not everyone wants to be awakened to the maximum degree. 

Edited by SQAAD

He was a huge advocate for kriya yoga being a far more powerful practice than meditation. 

@apparentlynoself meditation is a different way of perceiving. The change in your perception slowly cements, and over time, you'll be able to operate, evaluate and focus much more effectively. It literally improves everything (else) in your life. 

It increases the thickness of your corpus callosum, which means, the amount of neural connections between your left and right brain increases over time, proven by scientific studies and supported by MRI scans. I highly recommend taking a minute or two and comprehend what this means. You'll also see why if someone is talking about it or not changes nothing. 

Edited by memocappa

Leo is a junkie xD

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I still meditate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.