Devansh Saharan

What Exactly is Sadhguru's 'How'?

26 posts in this topic

What exactly does Sadhguru wants us to Do to realise ourselves, does he want us to do self-enquiry, does he want me to just continue my kriya and wait, what exactly should we do according to him to get the answers?

Now. I'm realising even after watching hundreds of his videos I still don't know what to do according to him, there's just no How, absolutely nothing, maybe just a hint or 2 doing self-enquiry and kriyas, NOTHING ELSE, NOTHING and since I've been initiated into a kriya by him it becomes important to know what does he want me to do. So what have you been able to make out of his talks, what should I do? 

He wants you to do Inner Engineering so he can get some ₹ ka-ching :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

That's the funniest thing in all this.

No teacher can really tell you what to do, because what they want from you is to become deeply conscious.
You can't really explain that, either you already know what it is or it's just something really abstract even with direct pointer.

Like you can give the most direct pointer from Eckhart Tolle, it wouldn't still matter, either you know experientially what he's talking about or not xD

I mean, at least in my experience, just being more and more conscious is enough
Because if you just do that, naturally you will:

• Work out your shadows/addictions and traumas, and once you've clean yourself enough, you will have space to inquire yourself metaphysically, since you will be more peaceful in the process (more energy and focus to spare on it), it's also natural to do so once the purging process happens.
  • Naturally you will find ways to improve your mental and physical health when the first point has good momentum, that's because you just want to be more energetic and free internally, which can only make sense if you become more conscious of how our culture is really not about that at all.
  • You will become more loving and compassionate, because you can't become more conscious without this to happen, and the more loving and compassionate you become, the more conscious you become, too.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

His versions of yoga. He has a bunch of programs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's the funniest thing in all this.

No teacher can really tell you what to do, because what they want from you is to become deeply conscious.
You can't really explain that, either you already know what it is or it's just something really abstract even with direct pointer.

Like you can give the most direct pointer from Eckhart Tolle, it wouldn't still matter, either you know experientially what he's talking about or not xD

I mean, at least in my experience, just being more and more conscious is enough
Because if you just do that, naturally you will:

• Work out your shadows/addictions and traumas, and once you've clean yourself enough, you will have space to inquire yourself metaphysically, since you will be more peaceful in the process (more energy and focus to spare on it), it's also natural to do so once the purging process happens.
  • Naturally you will find ways to improve your mental and physical health when the first point has good momentum, that's because you just want to be more energetic and free internally, which can only make sense if you become more conscious of how our culture is really not about that at all.
  • You will become more loving and compassionate, because you can't become more conscious without this to happen, and the more loving and compassionate you become, the more conscious you become, too.

Why would I become more loving and compassionate.

I m not sure that being aware has precise features. It's like psychédélics tools. Very relative experience. Relative result

Edited by Aeris

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you think about his programs personally? Have you tried it? 

I personally am doing it right now along with a Isha Hatha Yoga practice and it has directly worked for me as I am definitely more conscious. I want to know maybe another perspective about it from you 

Edited by Chi_

5 hours ago, Rilles said:

He wants you to do Inner Engineering so he can get some ₹ ka-ching :D

Already did it, what's next? 

19 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

I personally am doing it right now along with a Isha Hatha Yoga practice and it has directly worked for me as I am definitely more conscious. I want to know maybe another perspective about it from you 

How long have you been doing it? In what ways more conscious? What about mind chatter? 

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I don't want moksha, I just want understanding, knowledge of the world. Even in this video Sadhguru doesn't tell a bit of how, just continue my practises and suddenly one day I'll realise I'm God, wow, firstly millions of people around the globe have done IE, I don't know how many of them realised.

Other than that I'm pretty sure if I go at this pace I'll surely become a devil because being a God seems unreachable. 

4 hours ago, Aeris said:

Why would I become more loving and compassionate.

I m not sure that being aware has precise features. It's like psychédélics tools. Very relative experience. Relative result

Exactly. It looks as if I'm being tricked into serving the world for fucking no reason. I would love being loving and compassionate, but forcing myself in that I don't see why I would do that or pretend to do that. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

5 hours ago, Devansh Saharan said:

How long have you been doing it? In what ways more conscious? What about mind chatter? 

I've been doing Isha Hatha Yoga for about 2 months now and inner engineering for a month. Before that I was practicing Kriya Yoga as Leo and many others here.

My mind chatter definitely went down and I feel a certain oneness with my surrounding, specially when I'm outside and mainly my body feels much lighter and healthy. I am easily able to feel at a much deeper level that I am part of a much bigger cosmic system. I am much more aware of my inner body and more aware of my surroundings and my thoughts.

Hatha Yoga by itself can be a path to liberation but I think Kriya Yoga is a very direct path nonetheless. It's just that Hatha Yoga trains your body to handle higher energies, so that if you do happen to have an enlightenment experience, the body will not break but will be able to handle it. On top of that, your physical and psychological health is guaranteed. 

Edited by Chi_

@Devansh Saharan

9 hours ago, Devansh Saharan said:

I don't want moksha,

,????????????

I just want understanding, knowledge of the world.

??????????

Even in this video Sadhguru doesn't tell a bit of how, just continue my practises and suddenly one day I'll realise I'm God,

???????????

wow, firstly millions of people around the globe have done IE, I don't know how many of them realised.

???????????

Other than that I'm pretty sure if I go at this pace I'll surely become a devil because being a God seems unreachable.????????

------------------------------------------------

Exactly. It looks as if I'm being tricked into serving the world for fucking no reason.

???????????

Couldnt stop laughing for quiet sometime.

11 hours ago, Chi_ said:

I think he's a good teacher.

Personally I prefer the Kriya yoga which I have discussed at length on this forum. I think it's more direct.

But I also think many of you could benefit a lot from hatha yoga. But I hold Kriya yoga as far more important than hatha.

Again, these are just my opinions. Form your own opinions through experimentation.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think he's a good teacher.

Personally I prefer the Kriya yoga which I have discussed at length on this forum. I think it's more direct.

But I also think many of you could benefit a lot from hatha yoga. But I hold Kriya yoga as far more important than hatha.

Again, these are just my opinions. Form your own opinions through experimentation.

Thank you for the answer Leo.

I have tried both and I think they both have same ultimate 'goal' but I agree that Kriya Yoga is more direct. Hatha Yoga seems to take a much more smoother and maybe slower path to ultimate liberation but I can't stress enough on the 'smoothness' as it really makes the body like a vessel for the divine by clearing it up in many ways. 

Edited by Chi_

@Leo Gura Do you have a book for hatha yoga? I've been expecting a hatha yoga book on the book list!

18 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Do you have a book for hatha yoga? I've been expecting a hatha yoga book on the book list!

Hatha Yoga is not just simply about breathing techniques but involve various body postures that have to be very precise. It might be difficult to put into a book. That's why it's primarily taught one-to-one. 

You can find an independent Isha Hatha Yoga teacher here  https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/teacher-finder/

Edited by Chi_

29 minutes ago, herghly said:

Hatha yoga is not learned through books. Go to a yoga studio.

7 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura that's what people say about Kriya yoga. But we learn through books!

Hatha Yoga is different, it is a very subtle process of aligning your whole body in a certain way with the 'cosmic' geometry and you have to be personally corrected by a qualified teacher. 

2 hours ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura that's what people say about Kriya yoga. But we learn through books!

If there was Kriya yoga studio on every corner in the world, we wouldn't be learning it through books.