Truth Addict

Journaling - for the first time in my life

191 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Truth Addict Mmmm, sorry for my projections.
I guess I needed to spill my guts.

No problem man, feel free to share whatever you want.

Loving this conversation and just grateful that I'm too new on this site for anyone to be analysing me :) But riveted by your views on people TruthAddict. On the laziness thing, most lazy folks I know are just happy to be lazy; it takes a special person to know they're lazy and want to do something about it. I think I'm in the middle somewhere: I'm a bit lazy too but keep reminding myself about short-termism vs long-termism. Ie that laziness is the short-term option but in the long term it makes life harder. That's kind of my definition of spirituality, moving from narrow mindedness to broad mindedness. Short termism is an example of being narrow. Individual ego is narrow too, needs expanding to greater circles of Self.
Mind you, coming from the UK we still have the (orange?) protestant work ethic compared to the apparently laid back catholic and orthodox Mediterranean countries. So I'm a product of my  culture I guess.

Nick.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

8 hours ago, MuddyBoots said:

Loving this conversation and just grateful that I'm too new on this site for anyone to be analysing me :) But riveted by your views on people TruthAddict. On the laziness thing, most lazy folks I know are just happy to be lazy; it takes a special person to know they're lazy and want to do something about it. I think I'm in the middle somewhere: I'm a bit lazy too but keep reminding myself about short-termism vs long-termism. Ie that laziness is the short-term option but in the long term it makes life harder. That's kind of my definition of spirituality, moving from narrow mindedness to broad mindedness. Short termism is an example of being narrow. Individual ego is narrow too, needs expanding to greater circles of Self.
Mind you, coming from the UK we still have the (orange?) protestant work ethic compared to the apparently laid back catholic and orthodox Mediterranean countries. So I'm a product of my  culture I guess.

Nick.

Thank you Nick!

Well, I think spirituality is more tricky than that. It doesn't focus only on the long-term results, but it includes the short-term results as well. In fact, I think the short-term is the stepping stone for the long-term, i.e. you have to live in the present moment fully, and at the same time make sure that it leads to a healthy future. This is something I'm struggling with right now, as you know I'm kind of stuck in the present moment and find difficulties in creating my future how I want.

Also, in terms of business/work ethics, I don't think of stage Blue vs. Orange as catholic vs. protestant. I think of it more as communist vs. capitalist. The former which is common here in the middle-east, and the latter which is common in the first world countries. I think this makes it clearer how we, employees, think and what motivates us and why. And at the same time, it makes it easier for us to understand the game that our employers play so that we can learn how to evolve and get there.

Edited by Truth Addict

Leo's video about fear came out just in time. Yesterday, I figured out that my laziness basically stems from fear. I fear change, not that it frightens me or anything like that. It's a mere unconscious layer of resistance directly beneath the conscious mind. I could step out of that resistance for the whole day yesterday, and I don't find any problems yet that would prevent me from improving. I find working(out)/making effort/doing physical tasks helps with that, and with raising awareness in general. But it's necessary to meet the basic needs as well. It doesn't work either ways, it requires fulfilling both ends, contraction and expansion, deconstruction and construction.

It’s an uncanny phenomenon that whatever seems to be on my mind at a certain time, tends to usually come out as the title of one of Leo's exact next video. This is either synchronicity as Mandy would say, or just a result of being brainwashed and imprinted by Leo. I would go with the first one. Mandy's got a point, God is winking to me. Thank you, God! ?

Edited by Truth Addict

;)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw :x

The new year of college started yesterday. I'm planning on making it a special year. I am planning to start studying early. In fact I am going to start right now. The material at hand is 'paediatric diseases'. I never liked medical school before, but I'm full of hope that I will start liking it. Not because of paediatrics, but because I've changed.

Let's see.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict There's a part of me that changes all the time and another part which seems to never change. I can't remember exactly what it was but in the recent past I spoke to you in a blunt or rude matter. Maybe at the time, I felt the need to play a role in order to convey a message that I thought was necessary.

Whatever it was, in hindsight, it feels like it was a mistake. I apologize for that. Please forgive me.

As has been said, "we're all in this together. ?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot

Dude! I have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously, I don't recall you talking in a blunt or rude manner or anything like that, not recently and not ever.

I'm limiting my online time. Internet is the enemy of concentration. I'm also activating the "notes" mode, it provides the guidance needed for me throughout the day for how I should move according to my plans. That is the ultimate solution for my unwanted habits, I guess.

One interesting, or rather annoying, thing is that after I wake up every morning, I tend forget what I planned to do in the previous day. All the motivation goes away like it never was, like starting again from ground-zero. Perhaps I don't fall asleep, but rather I free fall asleep, meh. Anyway, I think keeping notes at reach will help me resolve this issue.

Let's see.

@Truth Addict Bless you friend.

I feel blessed. Full speed ahead for the empowerment of our aims!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I feel like I'm making a fundamental mistake that I'm yet not able to see while contemplating 'infinity'.

Edited by Truth Addict

There is a simple way to by pass all of its intracate details 

put everything humans can know into one box and extend it to infinity (what ever that means) 

and then put everything humans can never know because of their limited form into another box and extend that to infinity 

the summation is both of these together 

absolute infinity 

it means your experience is only one experience in an infinitely many expeiriences 

the being experiencing all these infinitely experiences without any duality or distinction between them because the form is a limited form of that being 

This being is called absolute infinity 

the summation of all infinities 

@Truth Addict @Aakash Infinity is not lots and lots of bounded "things" of various sizes. Infinity is the possibility of boundedness, the precondition of finitude.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Truth Addict @Aakash Infinity is not lots and lots of bounded "things" of various sizes. Infinity is the possibility of boundedness, the precondition of finitude.

I understand that.

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I understand that.

You wanna contemplate infinity together? We could break each other that way.
What seems to be your obstacle?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Just now, tsuki said:

You wanna contemplate infinity together? We could break each other that way.

That would be awesome man! Thank you!

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

What seems to be your obstacle?

My problem is that I'm still not sure that reality is infinite, and that I am very much skeptical of the 'infinite possibilities and points of view' claim.

7 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

My problem is that I'm still not sure that reality is infinite, and that I am very much skeptical of the 'infinite possibilities and points of view' claim.

If 'infinite' means 'boundless', then 'infinite possibilities and points of view' refers to the "skill" of creating new points of view.
You can unwind the present moment into a never-ending stream of causal events. The selection of events is also intentional (arbitrary) and there is a never-ending list of ways to select them. Selection is a choice.

Think of it as trying to convert analog signal into a digital representation. Each probing resolution is a possible worldview.
Video on point to watch:

13 minutes ago, tsuki said:

If 'infinite' means 'boundless', then 'infinite possibilities and points of view' refers to the "skill" of creating new points of view.

Yes, but I'm not sure if reality is infinite or if infinity is just a concept. That's still something to be proven to me. Reality is some certain way and not every possible way. I understand that that's probably an inevitable consequence of infinity, but I think it could be something else as well, even though I don't know what that thing would be.

16 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You can unwind the present moment into a never-ending stream of causal events.

Well, that's just a theory. It can't be done in practice. And let's say we're doing it through imagination, eventually we will end up at not-knowing anymore. How do we know that it's a never-ending stream? What if there was a beginning? For all I know, this finite human life has a beginning and will certainly end.

20 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The selection of events is also intentional (arbitrary) and there is a never-ending list of ways to select them. Selection is a choice.

This might be true, I'm not sure though. The number of which we can arbitrarily create is vastly huge, no arguments here. But infinite? I'm not sure.

26 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Think of it as trying to convert analog signal into a digital representation. Each probing resolution is a possible worldview.

I don't understand how this works. I guess the video will explain.

Video on point to watch:

Added to watch later.

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Yes, but I'm not sure if reality is infinite or if infinity is just a concept. That's still something to be proven to me. Reality is some certain way and not every possible way. I understand that that's probably an inevitable consequence of infinity, but I think it could be something else as well, even though I don't know what that thing would be.

Concepts are named distinctions, pointers. All names point towards something, sometimes to an appearance and sometimes to actuality.
These names need to be 'fleshed out', like pointing your mind's finger towards a dog and saying 'dog'. Infinity is a pointer towards something that is beneath language, towards something that is more fundamental. The mind is making distinctions, but what does it make distinctions in? In nothingness. When all distinctions collapse, you are absolutely nothing and that nothing is ripe with potential to make distinctions. That is absolute infinity. Have you not experienced this?

12 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Well, that's just a theory. It can't be done in practice.

Absolute infinity is the potential for actualization.
Lack of resources to do so does not invalidate it - on the contrary!
Without the potential, you would have not have been able to say 'hmmm... I don't have the piece of paper long enough to write the never-ending list'!

28 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

And let's say we're doing it through imagination, eventually we will end up at not-knowing anymore. How do we know that it's a never-ending stream? What if there was a beginning? For all I know, this finite human life has a beginning and will certainly end.

Bound entities such as 'finite human' are a choice that is actualized in response to potential.
It is actualized on the level of the mind that has the creative capacity.
What is the source of potential? Absolute infinity.

You can always question the established order and find cracks in it.  That is what you've been doing on this forum.
All beginnings and ends can be questioned by noticing inconsistencies. It does not matter whose inconsistencies they are.

32 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

The number of which we can arbitrarily create is vastly huge, no arguments here. But infinite?

Infinity is not 'vastly huge'. It is the inexhaustible potential for creation from which 'things' come.
Infinity is boundlessness. If you take a number line, infinity is not on the number line. It is not a number.

13 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Concepts are named distinctions, pointers. All names point towards something, sometimes to an appearance and sometimes to actuality.
These names need to be 'fleshed out', like pointing your mind's finger towards a dog and saying 'dog'. Infinity is a pointer towards something that is beneath language, towards something that is more fundamental. The mind is making distinctions, but what does it make distinctions in? In nothingness. When all distinctions collapse, you are absolutely nothing and that nothing is ripe with potential to make distinctions. That is absolute infinity. Have you not experienced this?

I don't want to go into the flawed metaphysics here as it would be a distraction from our context.

"The mind is making distinctions, but what does it make distinctions in?"

Reality, without further description.

"That is absolute infinity. Have you not experienced this?"

The answer is no, I haven't experienced absolute infinity yet.

18 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Absolute infinity is the potential for actualization.

Lack of resources to do so does not invalidate it - on the contrary!
Without the potential, you would have not have been able to say 'hmmm... I don't have the piece of paper long enough to write the never-ending list'!

Bound entities such as 'finite human' are a choice that is actualized in response to potential.
It is actualized on the level of the mind that has the creative capacity.
What is the source of potential? Absolute infinity.

You can always question the established order and find cracks in it.  That is what you've been doing on this forum.
All beginnings and ends can be questioned by noticing inconsistencies. It does not matter whose inconsistencies they are.

Infinity is not 'vastly huge'. It is the inexhaustible potential for creation from which 'things' come.
Infinity is boundlessness. If you take a number line, infinity is not on the number line. It is not a number.

This is kind of a different variation of what's been said earlier. I understand it, those are all seemingly inevitable consequences of reality being infinite, but I'm questioning the underlying assumption of infinity. In other words, those are signs that reality is infinite, not proof. I want proof.

@Truth Addict  your so cute lol 

your mind hasn't realised, the thing its searching for is the very thing it is inside. Take a psychadelic or do some reading. Absolute infinity is the fourth level of consciousness. And its hard to figure out without a theoretical foundation. 

because its everything you do know as a human and how this relates to infinite consciousness and the absolute. 

Edited by Aakash