arlin

Falling Asleep during meditation

32 posts in this topic

Hey guys i have a problem. I can't meditate because i fall asleep too often. 

I don't feel tired during the day, so i think i have enough sleep. I have searched on the web for suggestions but nothings seems to help me. Do you have any advice?

Thank you ^^

What about meditating whilst you are doing something? Washing up, in the bath as long as you don't risk drowning, out walking, cleaning the house, weight lifting, other cardio exercise. 

For me this happens a lot too.  I think its par for the course.  

But there will be other times when you are hyper alert and can meditate just fine without falling asleep.

Getting a good night's sleep will help a lot with that.  Caffeine helps me personally.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

As Leo says in his episodes of meditation that put your back straight as a solution to not falling asleep during meditation. This means that one solution for this issue is to put your back straight.

It happens. Try to meditate between 8-10 AM when your testosterone and cortisol levels are at their peak. Or use some mild stimulant like Coffee or Tea. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Try it with your eyes open or half open. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Try it with your eyes open or half open. 

This is a great one. Sitting with your eyes open attentively listening to the sounds around you can make your mind extremely silent and peaceful. Its amazing.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Im trying with spine straight and closing eyes for now, let's see how it goes

45 minutes ago, Rilles said:

This is a great one. Sitting with your eyes open attentively listening to the sounds around you can make your mind extremely silent and peaceful. Its amazing.

If you meditate out in nature, it's basically observation of God's creation with a quiet mind. It's like you're letting him do all the work for you. It's a great cheat. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I can't meditate very well lying down or resting my back against a chair. My brain just starts unloading the programs and starting the shutdown sequence.

Is your posture too comfortable?

I've had it that I sat without a back rest and still fell asleep, but I was having caffeine detox symptoms then. Not normally.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

A minute of deep and fast-paced breathing beforehand will also help. You can use your arm movements to push more air in and out.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Another thing I wanted to mention is, if you want to go down the rabbit hole here, I read a book about a clairvoyant doctor who lived in the 1800's. He could only channel prescriptions for people when he was in a sleep, trance like state. They called him the sleepy doctor. It started when he became obsessed with going to hypnotists, but he later ended up falling asleep randomly throughout the day before he began to channel medical knowledge. So sleep and awareness, there's no duality between. 

@arlin You can take a cold shower in the morning or choose a place which does not make you feel tired. 

I did not struggle that much with tiredness during meditation at the beginning thanks to cold showers. ( From warm to cold, to be more alert during the morning) 

Is normal, you fall asleep until yoy wake up. The sleeo is the awakened state not the hallutination of the ego.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It always goes like this:

I can't and don't fall asleep completely, no matter how much tired i am guys.

I loose my awakeness, and then somehow i merge in awakeness again, and this goes on and on and on and on.

it's bothering me... 

But i never completely fall asleep.

1 minute ago, arlin said:

It always goes like this:

I can't and don't fall asleep completely, no matter how much tired i am guys.

I loose my awakeness, and then somehow i merge in awakeness again, and this goes on and on and on and on.

it's bothering me... 

But i never completely fall asleep.

Is normal, you practice meditation until you don't sleep anymore. Usually this is a kundalini of the right hand path, when you are almost awake.

You need to awaken the heartspace with kundalini, not the head and the ego.

Tip for you: focus on the crown and spleen on the left side, it will make sense after you practice. You will not fall asleep practicing this, it will become a way of life.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Spine completely straight is number one defense against sleeping, also make sure that you are not using an object to keep it straight (a wall for instance) It has to be kept straight by your own muscles. Hold an object that helps you do a repetitive motion like rolling a fidget spinner or stretching a piece of thread or crushing a piece of play doh and concentrate completely on that motion being thought-empty