Cepzeu

My review of 1h per day Meditation

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

This post is a quick review of what I experience after having meditated for 1 hour per day for about 2 weeks. Hopefully it will encourage some of you to take this habit up. I recently made a decision to start doing this when I took 100% ownership of my life and saw the long term benefits of meditation (not just the spiritual ones, but also the day-to-day ones). I split my meditation up into 2 x 30 min or a 15 min morning, 30 min lunch, and 15 min afternoon meditations just because of scheduling. For now I'm just doing Do-nothing method, because I've noticed that if I do an advanced meditation or even try Kriya yoga, then my ego backlashes hard, so I'm going to do this for a year before I move to more advanced meditation.

At first it is agonising to sit for 30 min, but if you celebrate it by doing a few fist pumps or an excited dance at the end I think you can help yourself by getting a bit of a dopamine hit, which will make to look forward to next session ;)

I've noticed way higher abilities to concentrate and to catch myself slipping into bad habits. I feel more energised and the day seems to last much longer. But the biggest side effect I've noticed is my dreams are just so much more vivid and involved. It's like every night I go to bed I watch an 8 hour epic movie in VR. I wouldn't say I'm lucid but I can see how that would be a possibility in the future. They have very involved plot lines and characters and self-consistency. I know this is from the meditation because its the only thing I changed recently, and I started to have these dreams about 4 days in, consistently. Mix a Michael Bay action movie with Lord of the Rings length and lore, and chuck in a murder movie plot line and plot twists and this is what I've been getting pretty consistently for about a week and a half.

so if you're still on the fence about it, hopefully this may convince you. I highly recommend!

@Cepzeu Great work and thanks for sharing! Imo, the dreams are housecleaning. They’ll naturally play out. A constricted mind, un-constricting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Cepzeu Are these lucid dreams? Last year I spent a few months training to lucid dream and couldn’t quite do it.

Have you had one when you watch your fellow nazis launch an army of zombies on civilians ?

I was shocked to watch that happening with 0 emotions at all.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Nahm Totally agree. I remember Leo saying how the practices lead to you doing subconscious cleansing when you're asleep, rewiring your brain. Or something along those lines.

@Serotoninluv Not lucid yet! They are just extremely detailed and vivid compared to my regular dreams. In the moment I don't realise I'm dreaming but I think that with more consciousness work it might happen naturally. I tried lucid dreaming for a month but I've had no luck either.

@Shin No fucks given at all right? I was flying through the air over an escalator that was floating on a waterfall as my sister's disembodied head was telling me not to forget my passport...

Just now, Cepzeu said:

@Nahm Totally agree. I remember Leo saying how the practices lead to you doing subconscious cleansing when you're asleep, rewiring your brain. Or something along those lines.

@Serotoninluv Not lucid yet! They are just extremely detailed and vivid compared to my regular dreams. In the moment I don't realise I'm dreaming but I think that with more consciousness work it might happen naturally. I tried lucid dreaming for a month but I've had no luck either.

@Shin No fucks given at all right? I was flying through the air over an escalator that was floating on a waterfall as my sister's disembodied head was telling me not to forget my passport...

I also remember one where I was Batman,

And I was killing people barehand,

I was having the most fun I ever had.

Please don't put me in an asylum :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Cepzeu

What you may find that even if your meditations are 'bad', just sitting in  a room for one hours- with the phone off, with zero distractions- still yields more benefits than 15 minute 'hard' meditation session.

Why?

Our culture and era discourages natural reflection/down time.

Everything has a yin and yang element; even feeling happy fluctuates between feeling calm/peaceful VS feeling euphoric and buzzing with energy.

Same goes for depression. Depression cycles forward and back between zero energy depression (real depression and apathy) and then high energy depressed moods (low self esteem but big desire to do something).

Everything goes in cycles. This is life. But our culture discourages the 'downtime' phase of cycle.

So reflection for 6 hours per day used to be normal. TV back 40 years ago used to be- watch one show, then spend the rest of the day reflecting on it.

We are stolen of this liberty.

Well done on your meditation. What I am saying is that, reflection is something anyone can benefit from; even the newbie to meditating. Carry on soldier.

10 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Cepzeu Are these lucid dreams? Last year I spent a few months training to lucid dream and couldn’t quite do it.

do you take any substances that are close to coffee/psychedelics ? sounds weird, but sometimes just a supplement could upgrade or up the possibility.

the best way is meditate for an hour or less, and just take a nap with an early before a-sleep : try to focus on a thought of another world and start to hope you'll be in a good states.

when you fall asleep on the back aswell, it seams for me it kind of stack something in my brain that help with dreaming "lucid"

I find that the "I don't give a fuck about everything in this reality" type of mindset ( yes kind of anti life ) upgraded my own dreaming ( when I was in this state )

Since I care and smoke weed again it's hard to just dream lel

Edited by Aeris

Thank you for sharing your experience.

On 5/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, Cepzeu said:

celebrate it by doing a few fist pumps

giphy.gif