WelcometoReality

Primal fear of death

115 posts in this topic

Lately there's been alot of fears coming up. Intuition is pointing into a certain direction and when I go that way I feel like I'm going to die. I'm not talking about a small fear of certain activities like when you're doing public speaking or ride a roller coaster. I'm talking about feeling like I'm going to die if I continue. A primal fear that I have never seen before. And I'm running from it, I'm distracting myself so I don't have to meet the fear.

I know that meeting the fear is the answer. But it feels like I don't have it in me. I don't want to stare death in the face just yet.

Because of Self-Inquiry...?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What is it you have this overwhelming fear of?

Can you share what it is please?

Fear and danger are seperate phenomenon. One SHOULD recognise genuine danger.

But before I begin, yes, you can tell me what it is you are doing or thinking of facing?

Edited by JohnnyBravo

This resonates with me a lot.

Recently I had an experience where I went to sleep after smoking some weed and I went very deep into my mind, my body sensations, etc.

There was an inner voice/intuition inviting me to surrender but there was also a lot of fear of loosing touch with reality or even dying if I did. There was a strong urge to focus on something within my direct perception (for example how I’m lying on my bed) in order to stay connected to reality. 

I think all of these parts are important. I don’t know if what you experienced was similar but I think it’s OK in your case not to continue if the fear is too intense.

Edited by Farnaby

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Shin 

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

@Shin don't you have any advice to give?

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

I'm running away for almost 6 months ???

The only advice I could give would be to surrender now, because it's not going anywhere.

God is love

And God in them

58 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Because of Self-Inquiry...?

No. I have already realized what I truly am.

50 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

What is it you have this overwhelming fear of?

Can you share what it is please?

Fear and danger are seperate phenomenon. One SHOULD recognise genuine danger.

But before I begin, yes, you can tell me what it is you are doing or thinking of facing?

I can't say it's a fear that is related to anything specific other than a fear of death. It can come up when I'm working, trying to sleep or taking a shit. It seems to relate to my intuition somehow.

40 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

This resonates with me a lot.

Recently I had an experience where I went to sleep after smoking some weed and I went very deep into my mind, my body sensations, etc.

There was an inner voice/intuition inviting me to surrender but there was also a lot of fear of loosing touch with reality or even dying if I did. There was a strong urge to focus on something within my direct perception (for example how I’m lying on my bed) in order to stay connected to reality. 

I think all of these parts are important. I don’t know if what you experienced was similar but I think it’s OK in your case not to continue if the fear is too intense.

I'm running from it and I can't seem to face that fear at all even if I want to.

@WelcometoReality This is a trap of the ego.  Try to become self aware or go meta on it.  Identity it as a trap and dimiss it and move on.  Eventually the ego will give up.  Otherwise you will stay trapped.   

Also fear of death is an illusion created by the ego.  It will generate a degree of suffering.   Harness the suffering and do the spiritual work if you wish to Liberate.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

28 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'm running away for almost 6 months ???

The only advice I could give would be to surrender now, because it's not going anywhere.

But that's what brought me here. :P

25 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@WelcometoReality This is a trap of the ego.  Try to become self aware or go meta on it.  Identity it as a trap and dimiss it and move on.  Eventually the ego will give up.  Otherwise you will stay trapped.   

Also fear of death is an illusion created by the ego.  It will generate a degree of suffering.   Harness the suffering and do the spiritual work if you wish to Liberate.

This is not a thought induced fear, it's more primal than that.

7 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

This is not a thought induced fear, it's more primal than that.

Whats the difference between primal and thought-based? Are you sure youre not conceptualizing to protect yourself?

22 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Whats the difference between primal and thought-based? Are you sure youre not conceptualizing to protect yourself?

I've had thought-based fears before and it's not of that nature. This comes from the stomach-groin area.

@WelcometoReality

So you do not have any issues confronting the fear of roller coasters or public speaking, you are ok with this,

And you say you are scared of the idea of death and it pops up from time to time?

I still would challenge you to give me a more specific concrete idea first.

All that arises in me is that your IDEA (projection) of death is what is the culprit, NOT death itself.

You may read testimonies of people who have had NDEs and they all collectively agree that death is anything but scary. Death is more like a homecoming and a waking up from a dream and having an honest knowing of the truth.

Perhaps you fear not accomplishing something before leaving Earth? If that is the case, that is a very seperate idea to death.

You must use your word of "death" carefully. I dont think youre afraid of death. I think its something else.

But I require a more concrete imagination of what youre afraid of in order for me to help you.

6 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I've had thought-based fears before and it's not of that nature. This comes from the stomach-groin area.

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Rilles exactly. There is none.

The stomach is said to be the second brain of the human specie.

Not kidding, look it up.

God is love

And God in them

6 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

All fear arises in the stomach and hands. Whats your point? If youre afraid of death its because you are looking into the future and thinking ”I will die” so its thought-based. Not denying the severity of the fear though.