Dodo

Being is an effortless doing

23 posts in this topic

Being is effortless. You don't have to do something particular in order to be. It is all already done. In that case Being is not even a doing, as the name already suggests. 

All the doing on top of being which is not considered effortless by the being, is Ego :D, because being cannot consider something as effortless or not, it simply is. So who is that which considers something to not be effortless? It must be the Ego! Am I onto something here 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

So wrong. Being is easy after awakening the limbic system. Before that is more difficult than optaining a PhD, so let's be real for once. This awakening stuff has nothing to do woth the mind and self inquiry. But if you talk from the right side of the being, than being is easy, those who have been awakened in the Ego side, Leo per example, or Maynor, with certain discipline being is a piece of cake, but this is only the mind.

Peace!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed what are you talking about?

Being is just pure Isness.  It is perception minus a perceiver (which is the EGo).

Extract yourself out of existence and you might understand!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

42 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Hellspeed what are you talking about?

Being is just pure Isness.  It is perception minus a perceiver (which is the EGo).

Extract yourself out of existence and you might understand!

You are enlightened then, if not don't speak about something you don't know. 

One can build a candy ego what the majority of teachers do, and force the body into being. This will not last, just a couple of years the most.

So i talk from the perspective of awakening, not mere discipline and techniques.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed Yes I have become conscious of it in my direct experience.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Dodo I've been noticing this lately. From a state of beingness there is a sense of effortlessness. The mind-body is simply doing. It is running, thinking, typing, eating, working etc. It's almost like awareness is simply observing. 

The irony of 'being', which is effortless as you accurately state, is the amount of effort it can take to cease chasing the incessant activity the mind wants to distract awareness with. So often many expend much effort just to effortlessly 'be' even though it doesn't require that effort to transcend the distraction.

Instead of methods and techniques of practice the only 'effort' one expends in effortless being is in the nonactivity of not pursuing the mind's distractions. In that awarenese of effortless being our daily activities are an expression of that harmonious presence of being.

Edited by SOUL

20 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

So wrong. Being is easy after awakening the limbic system. Before that is more difficult than optaining a PhD, so let's be real for once. This awakening stuff has nothing to do woth the mind and self inquiry. But if you talk from the right side of the being, than being is easy, those who have been awakened in the Ego side, Leo per example, or Maynor, with certain discipline being is a piece of cake, but this is only the mind.

Peace!

This is an illusion. Being is right there waiting at any moment for anyone. Because there is only one moment, being cannot be anywhere else, ever. It can only be here now, because that's what it IS. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 8.5.2019 at 3:33 PM, Dodo said:

Being is effortless. You don't have to do something particular in order to be. It is all already done. In that case Being is not even a doing, as the name already suggests. 

All the doing on top of being which is not considered effortless by the being, is Ego :D, because being cannot consider something as effortless or not, it simply is. So who is that which considers something to not be effortless? It must be the Ego! Am I onto something here 

?

@Dodo Stop faffing. The amount of faffing that goes on in spirituality is unbelievable. Tomorrow you will be saying the opposite! 

It's all mind. Just detach from it, it's nothing. 

I think it is better to say to stop intention to do something, when intention stops , it will not matter anyway, that is if your purpose is to go to that side. 

@Dodo I’m contemplating how I can effortlessly I understand English. No translation or effort is needed. I don’t even think about it. I don’t have to *try* to understand English. There is no *doer* in my brain. I just automatically know. However, my second language of Spanish involves effort. I often need to translate and think about meaning. There is the sense of a doer trying to understand and speak Spanish. . .

When I lived in S. America, I admired how natural it was for locals to speak Spanish. It flowed beautifully without any effort. When I commented on this, they would laugh and say it’s just second nature. At times, I had questions about how they automatically knew meaning - for example there are words and sentence fragments that can have multiple meaning. I would point this out to my teachers and ask “how do you automatically know which it is?” At times, they would look confused and say “That’s a good question. I never looked at it like that before. Huh, I don’t know how I know, I just know. I’ve never thought about it before”. . . It is effortless to them. It’s so effortless that the “issue” requiring effort doesn’t even exist. Just as English is effortless to me.

Sometimes I skype with people learning English. The other day a guy asked me “How do you know when to use the word ‘job’ and when to use the word ‘work’. It’s so hard to know the difference!”.  I paused. I had never thought about that before. Yet, I can see how that would require effort for someone learning English. Yet for me, it’s so effortless that that “issue” never existed for me. 

What you wrote about the effortlessness of pure being reminded me of the effortlessness of understanding one’s native language. There is a natural flow that is not disturbed by a doer trying to do something. There isn’t even the “issue” of a “doer”. It just happens. ? 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Dodo I’m contemplating how I can effortlessly I understand English. No translation or effort is needed. I don’t even think about it. I don’t have to *try* to understand English. There is no *doer* in my brain. I just automatically know. However, my second language of Spanish involves effort. I often need to translate and think about meaning. There is the sense of a doer trying to understand and speak Spanish. . .

When I lived in S. America, I admired how natural it was for locals to speak Spanish. It flowed beautifully without any effort. When I commented on this, they would laugh and say it’s just second nature. At times, I had questions about how they automatically knew meaning - for example there are words and sentence fragments that can have multiple meaning. I would point this out to my teachers and ask “how do you automatically know which it is?” At times, they would look confused and say “That’s a good question. I never looked at it like that before. Huh, I don’t know how I know, I just know. I’ve never thought about it before”. . . It is effortless to them. It’s so effortless that the “issue” requiring effort doesn’t even exist. Just as English is effortless to me.

Sometimes I skype with people learning English. The other day a guy asked me “How do you know when to use the word ‘job’ and when to use the word ‘work’. It’s so hard to know the difference!”.  I paused. I had never thought about that before. Yet, I can see how that would require effort for someone learning English. Yet for me, it’s so effortless that that “issue” never existed for me. 

What you wrote about the effortlessness of pure being reminded me of the effortlessness of understanding one’s native language. There is a natural flow that is not disturbed by a doer trying to do something. There isn’t even the “issue” of a “doer”. It just happens. ? 

faff.   

2 hours ago, David Hammond said:

@Dodo Stop faffing. The amount of faffing that goes on in spirituality is unbelievable. Tomorrow you will be saying the opposite! 

It's all mind. Just detach from it, it's nothing. 

Compulsive,habitual fapping is usually a sign of a deeper, underlying issue and can become a serious problem if not dealt with. I would say the fapping is probably more prevalent in so called communes and/or cults.

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

9 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

Compulsive,habitual fapping is usually a sign of a deeper, underlying issue and can become a serious problem if not dealt with. I would say the fapping is probably more prevalent in so called communes and/or cults.

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Big Guru Balls Faffing is distinct from fapping . Yet I imagine many would say fapping is a form of faffing. ?

xD

4 minutes ago, David Hammond said:
14 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Big Guru Balls Faffing is distinct from fapping . Yet I imagine many would say fapping is a form of faffing. ?

4 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

xD

:D

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!