Shaun

Why care about the environment?

66 posts in this topic

Just now, How to be wise said:

@Truth Addict ‘Direct experience’ is another thought. Notice that you had to think of it.

Finger pointing to the moon. Don't look at the finger, look at the moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Truth Addict direct experience without thought is nothingness. You can’t call it anything.


"God is good, God is everything - the end. You go on with your illusion that something is not okay, and you lose, and you lose, and you lose.” — Byron Katie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

 

@Leo Gura Are you saying that I should care for the environment? I mean I only get to live for 80-90 years tops, and I could be the most evil and corrupt person to the environment and it still won't matter.

Should and shouldn't don't exist. You are free to do whatever you want. But conscious beings care about their environment in the same way they care about not poisoning their bodies.

Unconscious beings poison their bodies, minds, and environments.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Should and shouldn't don't exist. You are free to do whatever you want. But conscious beings care about their environment in the same way they care about not poisoning their bodies.

Unconscious beings poison their bodies, minds, and environments.

I'll take care of my body and mind, but I'll be a careless asshole with the environment.

(I'm just playing, to make a point).

Hehe, you're not going to trick me Leo, conscious is not better than unconscious, that's your agenda and life purpose (ego).

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@How to be wise If you insist on being dense, go right ahead. God won't stop you.

@Leo GuraShe makes a valid point because you bang on in most of your videos about nothing existing and it all being an illusion. Not only that but your videos are largely outright solipsism or at least that's how they sound.


“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shaun My videos are advanced teachings which will take you 10-20 years of study to fully understand and appreciate.

This is not a joke. You guys do not appreciate the depth of what is being taught on this channel.

Of course, as it must be. Ignorance cannot help being ignorant.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

@Leo GuraShe makes a valid point because you bang on in most of your videos about nothing existing and it all being an illusion. Not only that but your videos are largely outright solipsism or at least that's how they sound.

"There is absolute truth and relative truth, beware of half truths." - The Kyballion

Solipsism is a half truth. Whenever you come across a vs duality, there are likely kernels of truth in both and you have to integrate them both to really grasp it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@How to be wise Yes everything is nothing and you've learned how to remove labels. But also remember the opposite of what you say is true to because at the end of the day it points to the same thing. And you are in this story. 

There is way more than realizing these absolutes. You must also integrate the relative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@Leo Gura  Are you saying that I should care for the environment? I mean I only get to live for 80-90 years tops, and I could be the most evil and corrupt person to the environment and it still won't matter.

It's the collective that really matters, so there's where ideology is needed.

In the past (and also now), people didn't care for the environment in many cities. This caused them to have diseases and to not live for 80-90 years tops. It's the individuals that create the environment, it's not like it maintains itself. If you want to destroy it, sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I'll take care of my body and mind, but I'll be a careless asshole with the environment.

(I'm just playing, to make a point).

Hehe, you're not going to trick me Leo, conscious is not better than unconscious, that's your agenda and life purpose (ego).

:)

It's because of the lack of environment concern that you might have way more chance to get skin cancer now.

It's the lack of awareness that makes people smoke, or drive car that pollutes a lot, and because of that you have a lot more chance to get a lung cancer.

See ...

Directly impacting your health ...


If you want the moon, do not hide from the night
If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns
If you want love, do not hide from yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shin said:

It's because of the lack of environment concern that you might have way more chance to get skin cancer now.

It's the lack of awareness that makes people smoke, or drive car that pollutes a lot, and because of that you have a lot more chance to get a lung cancer.

See ...

Directly impacting your health ...

But bro, cancer is an illusion! xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bejapuskas said:

But bro, cancer is an illusion! xD 

Could give a hundred more illusions 9_9


If you want the moon, do not hide from the night
If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns
If you want love, do not hide from yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Could give a hundred more illusions 9_9

But wait, if this statement is an illusion and cancer is also illusion, what it true then? xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bejapuskas said:

But wait, if this statement is an illusion and cancer is also illusion, what it true then? xD 

My foot in your ass if I see you smoking xD:D


If you want the moon, do not hide from the night
If you want a rose, do not run from the thorns
If you want love, do not hide from yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shin said:

My foot in your ass if I see you smoking xD:D

What else is there to see? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

It's the collective that really matters, so there's where ideology is needed.

@bejapuskas @Shin

Guys, next time please read more carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

It's the individuals that create the environment, it's not like it maintains itself. If you want to destroy it, sure.

@Truth Addict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Truth Addict  Yeh sure, you can say that what you are doing doesn't matter, but if everyone said that, it would matter and that's exactly what is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Truth Addict  Yeh sure, you can say that what you are doing doesn't matter, but if everyone said that, it would matter and that's exactly what is happening.

I know that.

I was trying to point out to Leo that ideology is needed to overcome this issue.

Ideology can be along the lines of: "you are the environment".

We don't need to lie to ourselves, ideology can be very useful. Leo dismisses it all the time, I wonder if he's even aware that Actualized.org is already an ideology, a subtle one indeed.

Edited by Truth Addict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now