Cortex

Eminem Had A Glimpse Of Enlightenment ?

16 posts in this topic

If you look at the name of his song Infinite and listen to the lyrics you can clearly hear that he is describing enlightment, there are countless examples of that with other artists as well 

@Cortex Reading the song lyrics I don’t really see it myself? But genius.com always has a good explanation of what the lyrics mean. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjzwsDY6v_hAhVWwMQHHcezC48QzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgenius.com%2FEminem-infinite-lyrics&psig=AOvVaw0sYKsDJplyW1PxOsPOgafs&ust=1556989145117206

This article is also a good read: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi3wNmM6__hAhXKsFQKHXJ0B8UQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Flifeexaminations.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F12%2F08%2Feminem-enlightened%2F&psig=AOvVaw3n5wFGPY59Rob6KNDnSFTs&ust=1556989254427018

After reading this article, in my own conclusion, I wouldn’t say its the “spiritual enlightenment” that is described in this community, its more of the basic definition of enlightenment, that you might see in the dictionary.

Honestly I don’t listen to Eminem and follow him a lot, but I know of the song and its a really old one. Also I don’t know if he was known to practice spirituality, so how would he possibly experience enlightenment?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

He clearly is enlightened, he realized he'e a god in 2013.

In Rap God, Em also said he's immortal. He definitely meant it in the same way spiritual masters do.

In Forget about Dre, he sets a house on fire. Shows how little he cares about the materialistic paradigm.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

are these the high quality threads Leos been wanting so badly?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

19 hours ago, Rilles said:

are these the high quality threads Leos been wanting so badly?

I got a.... slight chuckle out of this. Thank you.

It's so easy to be sarcastic. "Oh, how silly to even think about that" - that kills open mindedness.

Yeah it's most likely bullshit. But who knows? I find it likely that rich people like Eminem will go into Spirituality. So why not discuss that? @Applegarden @Rilles  even when it's a little bit silly? Honest Question, big respect.

25 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

It's so easy to be sarcastic. "Oh, how silly to even think about that" - that kills open mindedness.

Yeah it's most likely bullshit. But who knows? I find it likely that rich people like Eminem will go into Spirituality. So why not discuss that? @Applegarden @Rilles  even when it's a little bit silly? Honest Question, big respect.

Ok, i will proceed to ask you what Spirituality and Enlightenment means, you don't have to reply to me this, just sit with yourself. Anyhow with being sarcastic and arrogant, no one is immune to devilry and you souldn't bother about my projections of you or that other guy, if you feel you have something important to ask, ask it, whats the problem.

Yes i am choosing to react this or that way, very obvious of me, this is no issue to you acctually, just like i should not bother about criticism and people who wish me bad. Me thinking something is silly or being arrogant - well our cognition is very sophisticted and predictably unpredictable, invisible at the point you don't really want to see it deep inside. Yeah, you pointed kinda one of the basic hypocrisies or whatever, it can be a good reminder to me however, but its just like that for all of us, one day you feel one way, i will laugh at somebody because i want to even at the expense of the other, and this massive collision will rise, "you must be not spiritual or smth", and the next moment i will feel extreme compassion for even my biggest enemies and willingness to share and contribute to the world. Yes it's easy to be sarcastic, is it wrong to choose it tho?

Just by choosing who you say hello to, you are as big as a hypocrite as me, thats just how it is with the ego, even when you are now being defensive about it. How are you denying this one group of people wanting to be in your life and choosing to invite the other? Thats the definition of discrimination by default.

Still we can awaken and are on the spectrum of this from ego to nobody thing.

About Eminem - how am i supposed to know what level of consciousness he has, i don't even care, but i find it funny. Is this wrong again? And a very "devils advocate kind of a question" Is laughing at other's expense bad? Should and can you not feel bad when somebody is laughing at your expense? My results are quite mixed and i am beginning to see that its not my business what people think about me whatsoever, but i will be wrong if i say i don't care what people think of me and in many ways, because some people are more valuable to me than others and some things are more intimate to me than others that i wuldn'w want people to know.

If you want to ask, ask, no mater what i say. I hope this brings clarity to you. Even if i laughed, i don't feel like i am smarter than you or that you deserve to be laughed at, but at the same time i did laugh at your expense. 

AND THE MILLION DOLAR QUESTION

Does bothering who is enlightenment or who had a glimpse of enlightenment lead you to the experience? Or help you, in what way? Is it enough to pay attention to? How cost-effective is it? Does it help at all?

Edited by Applegarden

I don't want to point finger at you to take you guys down, I really want to discuss that. It's because I tend to be very sarcastic myself and I realize in the past days how this is just not a good tool to get people to more consciousness.

Enlightenment is to realize a part of reality and we have little Events like this all the time. But we tend not to call this Enlightenment, we call this insight or so. The bigger Enlightenment the more we experience a glimpse of reality that we can't put in words. I find what i read from the Daoist tradition very interesting. Everything is connected. Wu Wei, doing without struggle, is a beautiful tool to get to Enlightenment. Besides that I do Yoga and some Meditation. I can't tell you what enlightenment really is & I picture myself as a student in this. I have much work to do.

10 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

About Eminem - how am i supposed to know what level of consciousness he has, i don't even care, but i find it funny. Is this wrong again? And a very "devils advocate kind of a question" Is laughing at other's expense bad? Should and can you not feel bad when somebody is laughing at your expense? My results are quite mixed and i am beginning to see that its not my business what people think about me whatsoever, but i will be wrong if i say i don't care what people think of me and in many ways, because some people are more valuable to me than others and some things are more intimate to me than others that i wuldn'w want people to know.

I like that.

10 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

If you want to ask, ask, no mater what i say. I hope this brings clarity to you. Even if i laughed, i don't feel like i am smarter than you or that you deserve to be laughed at, but at the same time i did laugh at your expense. 

Yeah, I don't thought that you were thinking that. I just want to discuss, because underneath you had a point in finding that funny. Ego is playing tricks on us.;)

I’ve been listening to Em since I was 5 years old, I can guarantee you he has no idea what Enlightenment is, none of his lyrics even remotely touch on the subject. Eyedea on the other hand (r.i.p) was knee deep in NonDuality stuff. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I mean he’s done a shit load of drugs. I’m sure he’s seen something. 

He’s also really introspective.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 3.5.2019 at 0:08 PM, 7thLetter said:

I don’t know if he was known to practice spirituality, so how would he possibly experience enlightenment?

He used to take psychedelics and drugs.

Infinite is a very old song from before he was famous though

Eminem is not afraid

To eat mom’s spaghetti 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI