SQAAD

Isn't it Awakening Unnatural?

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

But there is no 'us', right?

In the practical world, there is.

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

God is loving, and so are higher conscious human beings.. that seems like a duality.

The duality is in the interpretation, there's no actual duality.

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

Also, are you saying lower conscious are not loving?... nothing is less or more loving.

The more conscious you become, the more your love expands beyond your selfish agendas, to include others', etc...

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

You forget, if we have no free will and it is all God pulling the strings, then is just how it is...

You speak like we have a choice between being deluded and not. A true nondualist would say there is no us to have any will over this experience we are having right now anyway.

Which makes zero sense.

No free will is kind of irrelevant here, because unconscious human beings can't help but being unconscious, and the conscious ones can't help but to help others evolve, it's tricky but here we are.

"We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." -- Alan Moore.

Edited by Truth Addict

Thank god toilet have been made.

So uncomfortable to shit when the wind is blowing your ass.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, SQAAD said:

From the Absolute standpoint i can understand how Everything is Natural and "unnatural" is just a concept. BUT still i am wondering Why 99% of people live in falsehood, delusion & ego ?  Why almost everyone has a "us vs them" mentality ?

So my conclusion is that being deluded and all ego-driven seems to be the most natural thing in the world and awakening on the other hand seems very very "unnatural".

Why God designed it this way ?

14 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@SQAAD Bingo. My thoughts entirely. 

Nonduality seems very shame based to me. The 'you' or 'ego' is very shameful. So we must shame it. Does shame cure shame? I'm not sure. 

If you weren't meant to have a sense of self, or a thinking mind, then you wouldn't. Simples. 

My friend has told me about a book, that talks about some tribe in the rainforest. They live in mutual fairness and compassion and stealing, backstabbing etc... is not natural to them. :)  People tried to make them compete and look for the winner mentality in them, but it just wasn't there.

What is a Buddha?
A dry shit stick.

- Ummon Daishi

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

14 hours ago, SQAAD said:

From the Absolute standpoint i can understand how Everything is Natural and "unnatural" is just a concept. BUT still i am wondering Why 99% of people live in falsehood, delusion & ego ?  Why almost everyone has a "us vs them" mentality ?

So my conclusion is that being deluded and all ego-driven seems to be the most natural thing in the world and awakening on the other hand seems very very "unnatural".

Why God designed it this way ?

Awakening should be a natural occurrence but we lose ourselves in the ego and drift further and further from it. This is further exasperated in our modern world where we distance ourselves from nature and never allow ourselves the chance to be still. Then there are the religions of the world, which are supposed to guide us towards awakening, however over the ages they have been corrupted by, and dressed in, man's own ideas and desires for control. 

In all seriousness though, as you let go of resistance, there are no unconscious people anymore.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

In all seriousness though, as you let go of resistance, there are no unconscious people anymore.

It's not a metaphorical thing.

13 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Awakening should be a natural occurrence but we lose ourselves in the ego and drift further and further from it. This is further exasperated in our modern world where we distance ourselves from nature and never allow ourselves the chance to be still. Then there are the religions of the world, which are supposed to guide us towards awakening, however over the ages they have been corrupted by, and dressed in, man's own ideas and desires for control. 

I agree.

To awaken means basically moving against what the variety of all modern Cultures hold up as ideal.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

4 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I agree.

To awaken means basically moving against what the variety of all modern Cultures hold up as ideal.

Not necessarily,

You can enjoy many things society hold as sacred, you just do it from a different perspective,

Not as something you need, but as something you truly enjoy doing for the sake of doing it.

God is love

And God in them

8 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Find smooth wet rocks. Soooo much better than leaves.

Don’t ask how I know. That’s one truth not worth investigation.

xD LOL

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Not necessarily,

You can enjoy many things society hold as sacred, you just do it from a different perspective,

Not as something you need, but as something you truly enjoy doing for the sake of doing it.

I agree with this also.

Although I didn't say one couldn't enjoy,,,,,

2 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

xD LOL

You can also go home wearing one sock,,,,

@SQAAD

The only explanation is that what we call waking reality or the world is nothing but a dreamstate.

For this dream to work in any way, Truth must appear as everything other than itself. Thus we have delusion as the only prevalent mechanism of this dreamstate.

After all, a dream cant run on TRUTH. In the presence of Truth as it is, dreams pop.

So now you might ask, why God created this shitty dream called life? Well this why question becomes a logical fallacy because this why question itself is happening within and thus part and parcel of the dream.

For any manifestation to happen, it must happen through dreaming/misdirection/veiling/ignorance. The manifestation of the why question itself is another dream.

That's as far as theory goes. And you can wake up to realize that there was no dream or ignorance in the first place.

@Paul92 see if this answer appeals to you or not

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

God evolves and god figures himself out along the way. A lot of the delusional and egoic stuff is actually revolutionary compared to earlier life forms and consciousness. Its all relative what "god consciousness" means, the way we speak on this forum will be outdated and crude to people who live a thousand years from now for example. 

Change goes in slow waves, rippling through the stream of society, First a few pioneers, then the start of a movement, to the media, and so forth. It will never stop, there is no real goal or ending stage where you are god all the time and thats the highest point. That is just always the case, in all forms, and all of it is necessary to maintain reality well.  

When only a handful of people discovered logic and they were the only ones able to use it at that time while 99% were asleep.  That didnt make logic unnatural. Get out of your framework and relativistic thinking

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

@Preetom Nope, not really.

Becoming increasingly convinced that nonduality is not the answer the more I go down the rabbit hole.

Check this forum out. Nobody has a clue what they're talking about. It's full of paradoxes.

Sure, I'm open to investigating it through the practices. But something is telling me that this just isn't the answer. It can't explain everything. .

The OP made a very good point but it seems a lot are caught up in a spiritual ego and will just dismiss anything and everything.

11 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

Becoming increasingly convinced that nonduality is not the answer the more I go down the rabbit hole.

Check this forum out. Nobody has a clue what they're talking about. It's full of paradoxes.

Sure, I'm open to investigating it through the practices. But something is telling me that this just isn't the answer. It can't explain everything. .

The OP made a very good point but it seems a lot are caught up in a spiritual ego and will just dismiss anything and everything.

Thats a very good attitude to have. If only you could apply that same degree of honesty, skepticism and no bullshit attitude towards your current beliefs, assumptions and tendencies- things that run 'you'; you would be the 1st one among us here to be enlightened; no "spiritual practice" necessary B| 

Nothing beats a straightforward, no bullshit approach.

With that being said, non-duality is not a philosophy or a system of reducing and explaining everything(as opposed to what it has become nowadays lol!). 

Non duality a living experience. The theory serves as a roadmap to investigate this stuff at best.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

27 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

What do you want it to explain ?

God is love

And God in them

@Preetom Well, for a start, it wouldn't be me applying that degree of skepticism. I have zero control over this experience. People can get frustrated at me on this forum, but I'm not doing this. God is. So... might as well literally not care because it's all God just rubbing itself. xD

Still, why do we have an urge to care.. hmmmmm

Edited by Paul92

5 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@Preetom Well, for a start, it wouldn't be me applying that degree of skepticism. I have zero control over this experience. People can get frustrated at me on this forum, but I'm not doing this. God is. So... might as well literally not care because it's all God just rubbing itself. xD

I've never heard of a enlightened dude using this excuse though,

Are you sure this isn't just beliefs ?

God is love

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

duality is just the reality of things. If you look inside you'll see it yourself, every thought you have is essentially a conversation between you and yourself. If you say you hate yourself or you love yourself, who is loving who? 

Pretty much everyone thinks that they are solely their ego. Through practice you can learn to distinguish and recognise what is the true self and what is the egoic self. When you manage to completely unravel the egoic self and then let go of it completely that is enlightenment.

Edited by Druid420