sausagehead

How are physical objects alive?

56 posts in this topic

What does it mean that physical objects are alive? Is it possible to wrap your mind around this without awakening? I'm assuming you have to be conscious of what consciousness is in order not to project unconsciousness onto the external world. I have no idea how self aware a coffee table is...

@sausagehead If you see a coffee table, a coffee table is not self aware. A -coffee table-, is a thought. Two words, their meanings, together, just a thought. Take away your words - coffee table - and now look at it. Ask “what is that ?”  

Take your words “my awareness” and throw them out too. Now look at it and again ask “what is that!?”

Then take aware the word “that”, and be present with the coffee table. Make all of your being vulnerable and exposed to it.

Sense that there is a very deep and ineffable connection present.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, sausagehead said:

What does it mean that physical objects are alive?

From one point of view, you use your car to move around the city.
From another point of view, your car uses you to move around the city.

From one point of view, you live in your house and take care of it so that you're comfortable.
From another point if view, your house lives within you and it feels uncomfortable when you neglect it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

18 minutes ago, Shiva said:

@sausagehead What does it mean that you are alive? 

Your body is made up of cells, made up of molecules, made up of atoms, isn't it?

The table is also made up of atoms.

If the table isn't alive but you are, at what point did you become alive?

Is a molecule alive? Is a cell alive? When does "Life" begin and what changes as things are becoming alive?

Just some food for thought. Perhaps start contemplating from there.

We are alive because we breathe, and we have heart and that heart is beating.. try not to breathe haha you will in a moment want to live 

7 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

We are alive because we breathe, and we have heart and that heart is beating.. try not to breathe haha you will in a moment want to live 

is the heart alive?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

is the heart alive?

Hi ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Hi ?

sup fellow doggo, want sum bepis?

Maybe the difference between a human and a rock is that human has Life force within. When a person dies the body becomes just a corpse just like anything else, like a coffee table, just meat and bones. But because there's Life force inside in this meat bag, it becomes alive and dinamic.

Tree is also alive, flowers are also alive because it's full of Life force. Cut the the tree, make a table out of it, it's dead now. 

Food can be very alive and it can be dead food. Frozen food which was in refrigerator for 30years is long dead food. Fresh food, fresh fruits from a are alive and good.

The difference is does the object has Life force inside or not. If a rock is simply rock. It's usually dead, if a rock is infused with life energy, it becomes alive rock, you can make a Linga now.

That's one way of looking at it. 

Btw, who told you that coffee table is self-aware? I doubt that it's true but i don't know.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

From one point of view, you live in your house and take care of it so that you're comfortable.
From another point if view, your house lives within you and it feels uncomfortable when you neglect it.

No. Wtf? 

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

Creative use of concepts and images... but not enlightenment. Sorry.

9 hours ago, sausagehead said:

What does it mean that physical objects are alive? Is it possible to wrap your mind around this without awakening? I'm assuming you have to be conscious of what consciousness is in order not to project unconsciousness onto the external world. I have no idea how self aware a coffee table is...

Look at the object and ask yourself if you really really can ever know what it is using the mind.

Then the object will suddenly appear before you. You will understand that you had never really seen it before as a seperate living vibrating being, of which it's original source is your original source.

@sausagehead All things are ultimately unknowable and ungraspable... for the mind.. when you understand this, when you awaken you will suddenly understand that these objects are you in their essence. They are still seperate objects, but the source is one living being. 

@sausagehead have you watched Leo's video what is perception?  That is very profound and will explain a lot.

But think about this..how can an object exist if there is no one "perceiving" it?   

In other words remove the perceiver or in other words extract yourself out of when looking at the coffee table and what are you left with?

The object has been universalized so to speak.  It's Being.  You are touching on the essence of all of reality here.

You ARE Being...therefore in a sense you ARE the coffee table...but this only becomes apparent with awakening.

So yeah to answer your question for now see what is being pointed too and focus on your spiritual work.

if you practice long and hard enough you will become directly conscious of this.  

Being is infinitely intelligent and infinitely loving..it's what you are..you true self with a capital S. :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

sup fellow doggo, want sum bepis?

What's a bepis ?

Is it white ?

Is it hard ?

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

What's a bepis ?

Is it white ?

Is it hard ?

you got a lots to learns my frend

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

you got a lots to learns my frend

I only drink coke and eat vagina,

No bepis for me sorry :/

God is love

And God in them

@sausagehead I'll tell you , a table is not self-aware , you are . But you can make the distinction that a table is self-aware , the same way you do to yourself and others . 

@Rilles well at least we can confirm that the coffee table has a sense of humor.

It needs work but its there :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, David Hammond said:

Creative use of concepts and images... but not enlightenment. Sorry.

Don't be sorry. What can I do to earn your approval?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Certain coffee table have more humor than certain people on this forum.

Just saying

?

God is love

And God in them

52 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Don't be sorry. What can I do to earn your approval?

Hahahahahahahah!