Shaun

If I were to die

66 posts in this topic

If this form that calls itself Shaun were to die in a car accident tomorrow, would everyone else's subjective experience also cease until I come back as some other form?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

It could be but then that comes under solipsism which is not the same as nonduality and it trips a lot of people up. I'd also assume that you could see your screen and keyboard otherwise how would you have responded?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound? 

No. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, Shiva said:

That there is someone like you with his own subjective experience somewhere in the world typing it on some keyboard, is a story made up by your mind.

All that you really know is that you are seeing letters on a screen right now.

Yes, this is solipsism, but how do you know solipsism isn't true?

It doesn't seem to add up. God is utterly infinite and is experiencing everything in every possible way. Why then assume that god just looks through my eyes alone? That's not really experiencing everything.

18 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Solipsism doesn't contradict that. It is the idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. If God is everything, then only god's mind exists. And god's mind may be precisely what you are experiencing right this second. This is what it looks like!

For infinity to include everything it must include other minds , tada!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"By being absolutely selfless you become all the individual selves" I just heard that as I was listening to his video about it. So there must be individual selves right now but that all collapses if enlightenment happens.

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

For infinity to include everything it must include other minds , tada!

Exactly, it can't just be mine alone. That seems absurd like Shiva denying his screen and keyboard.

@Shaun You're going to go down a huge rabbit hole with some of these guys here with this. If you died tomorrow, everything would still carry on. There is more than just you. Don't worry about that.

As for individuality, who knows anymore... my point is, why do we have a thinking mind if we aren't supposed to? And also, if we have zero control and God is pulling all the strings, then what is the point in playing with itself? Why create the ego etc... "to survive", people will say. Didn't think God needed to do anything to survive as it is absolute and infinite.

If you look on YouTube, there are hundred of New Agers/Buddhists/Hindus etc that have converted to Christianity. Who knows.

Nonduality is the truth on which most religions are based. The issue we face here is that a discussion about nonduality isn't really possible as those practising it can't agree on the colour of shit. You can only do the practice yourself and discuss it in the meantime.

@Shaun And you know it for sure that nonduality is the truth that all religions are based on? You know this? In a universe of infinite possibilities, that is the one truth?

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

If this form that calls itself Shaun were to die in a car accident tomorrow, would everyone else's subjective experience also cease until I come back as some other form?

You are assuming that this form(body-mind) called 'Shaun' is experiencing life, which is totally not the case at all.

As a matter of fact 'You'(whatever that is) are experiencing 'Shaun' right now just like you experience other thoughts/objects. 

So when this experience called 'Shaun' ends, what happens? Nothing happens. What happens when a thought comes to an end? 'Shaun' was never the experiencer but was itself a momentary experience, with all its memories, rigid stories and that whole shebang barely woven together to project an illusion of continuity and solidity.

"Behold! The real experiencer is not the mind, but I the infinite conscioisness within which all experience happen" 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Shaun is IT entire Shaun and everything "he thinks" "he perceives". Right now IT IS IT. 

@Mikael89 What horrifying stuff have you experienced if you don't mind sharing? Were these horrifying things in psychedelic trips?

@Paul92

I am not sure of anything yet as I haven't had any profound experiences so far, but one thing is possible in all these infinite possibilities, god managed to create entities more intelligent than itself called humans who can actually look at child abuse or whatever else and see that it is indeed totally fucked up no matter which way you look at it.

@Shaun Make a fist then cover it with your other hand. Imagine the fist is pure consciousness and the hand is the same, but appearing as a body & world. Slowly remove your covering hand, revealing the fist (emptiness) was always the infinite emptiness of the room. As was the covering hand. “It” never “moved”. Nothing actually happened. Seemed like it did though, from the limited view of the covered fist. 

Now look at your fist, and see the same thing is ‘happening’, without imagining it. 

While nothing is happening at all, you’re imagining it. 

Usually there is the assumption you are the covering hand, then the realization you are the fist, then the fist and hand / no fist no hand. Then in terms of identity, there’s you, and because you’re infinite, there’ no “second thing”, so “identity” losses meaning. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mikael89 I'd be interested to know what you experienced buddy. Whether through PM or whatever. I have to say, at this point, I can't be entirely convinced that a lot of what it is said here is the Truth. Have you noticed there is never really a consensus? Trust your own experience I guess. Which ultimately, has to be your experience... who knows.

Rupert Spira put this in this way:

Imagine a body of water; each of us are indivual whirlpools that at one point didn't exist as one, but then came into existence, and eventually will go out of existence; but we were always there, just not in this form.

In other words, after your temporal whirlpool self has had its run, you will die and go back to the source which you were before you were born (the body of water). Everyone else that you have witnessed dying has already done thing. They aren't coming back anytime soon and more whirlpools keep spinning on.

Edited by Angelo John Gage

3 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

Rupert Spira put this in this way:

Imagine a body of water; each of us are indivual whirlpools that at one point didn't exist as one, but then came into existence, and eventually will go out of existence; but we were always there, just not in this form.

In other words, after your temporal whirlpool self has had its run, you will die and go back to the source which you were before you were born (the body of water). Everyone else that you have witnessed dying has already done thing. They aren't coming back anytime soon and more whirlpools keep spinning on.

That's what bothers me. I don't want to come back, I just want absolute emptiness. I don't want to come back and be raped, tortured or killed in a car accident. I want it to end.

@Shaun  "you" wont come back 

and even if you did, you would have zero recollection of any past lives and this conversation.

for all you know, this life is the 100 trillionth time.

don't' worry about death, As Alan Watts said "you cannot experience a nonexperience. "

@Shaun your confusing enlightenment, you don't dissapear into absolute nothing and then come back to absolute something 

as well you don't ever not exist 

nothing is something 

therefore the life you living now IS heaven . exactly as your living it 

if you understood this properly 

even death itself will not kill you, so to speak, infact nothing would have happened 

and therefore there is no BECOMING absolute nothing 

because you already are absolute nothing 

absolute nothing is not something you do as a practice