Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prada

treadmill for home worth it?

13 posts in this topic

if you're going to use it then it's certainly worth it.

I would love a treadmill at home. I'm uncomfortable going out and running in public, other than playing football. for that reason it's something I probably need to confront.

Have you run on a treadmill very much? Do you have access to a treadmill already in your apartment or something that you could use instead? Most treadmills end up sitting around collecting dust, and they are a real bulky item to have clutter your space, so I feel like owning one is a last resort. Make sure you'll actually use it, and that you don't have any other options before you buy.

If you are sure you'll use it a lot, then go for it! Sounds like a good option considering what you mentioned, and that you can afford it. Many great long distance runners train on treadmills.

Personally I would want one that can do inclines too tho.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

If you live in extreme climates like iceland, norway, or the middle east yes it worth it. If not, its better to run in nature. Or if you got agorapohobia.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:10 AM, Prada said:

I got the money to burn and i don't like running outside in this area (always way too hot or raining hard) and its a rough neighborhood to boot.  I got the money for it so i was thinking just getting a treadmill like this one-https://fitnessgeko.com/fitness/treadmill/ancheer-502-folding-electric-treadmill-review/ and running here

a few months ago, i was out on a run and a person had put a treadmill outside their house for FREE. So i came back with a truck and picked it up.

Point of the story: wait for someone to sell it, or find one for cheap. Mine was $0. 

I like the treadmill.  If you use that everyday you'll get fit. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Prada if you got money to burn then why don't you move to another neighborhood? 

On 4/23/2019 at 5:10 PM, Prada said:

I got the money to burn and i don't like running outside in this area (always way too hot or raining hard) and its a rough neighborhood to boot.  I got the money for it so i was thinking just getting a treadmill like this one-https://fitnessgeko.com/fitness/treadmill/ancheer-502-folding-electric-treadmill-review/ and running here

Treadmills suck balls, invest in a gym membership 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Buy it.....

....but FIRST establish a 30 day exercise habit.

Pushups, situps, star jumps, yoga, dance indoors for one hour.

If you cannot exercise for 4 weeks in a row without skipping even one single day, this treadmill will be a waste of space and money.

But if you are already in the habit of exercise and you trust you will use it every single day for the rest of your life, then enjoy! 

Either way by ordering it you learn.

Order the treadmill now.

I find all stationery cardio devices extremely draining and soul destroying. Running 10 minutes on treadmil seems like running 60 minutes outside. Rather use the money to get proper running shoes and tracking device with heart rate monitor to make it more measurable and a bit more entertaining. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 5/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, Michael569 said:

I find all stationery cardio devices extremely draining and soul destroying. Running 10 minutes on treadmil seems like running 60 minutes outside. Rather use the money to get proper running shoes and tracking device with heart rate monitor to make it more measurable and a bit more entertaining. 

Yes treadmills are like office jobs

FUUUCKKK

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Very useful while walking and reading maybe 2-3h a day.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.