LoveandPurpose

how do you accept/love yourself fully?

35 posts in this topic

I find myself having trouble truly accepting/loving myself. 

How do I get to a place where I'm fully okay with myself?

Edited by LoveandPurpose

As far as understand there are two types of self-acceptence. 

One is you accept acknowledge who you are with all the negative qualities that you have. Or in other words, you are honest to yourself absolutely. That's one type of self-acceptence.

Another type of self-acceptence is when you feel ugly, inferior, weaker etc and you try to feel okey about it. It's impossible. Once you make a judgement that you're inferior you will not be happy about it ever. You can't have an idea in your head that you're inferior and feel good about it. 

One way is to become superior and change your self-image into a possitive one, go to gym, wearing nice clothes etc. 

Another way is to stop comparing yourself to others. This is a much better way because it deals with the root cause of suffering.

You have to figure out how to stop comparing yourself with others. Comparing yourself with others usually comes from a desire to be better then others. That's the only joy that most people know, to be one step ahead of somebody else. You need escape the rat race in other words. You need to realize what is truly important. Is being one step ahead of somebody is important, or having a profound experience of life is important? You need to fix your values in life about what is important. And realize that what everybody thinks of you or what you think of yourself is social nonsense, it has no existencial significence.

Btw, you can also stop comparing yourself with others through absolute self-abandonment. Devotion, volunteering, Yoga is extremely effective if it's authentic, basicly all consciousness work can lead you to that place where you don't matter anymore. "Passion for others, dispassion for yourself: highest way of living" that's your answer basicly :)

P.S. "If you win a rat race, you're still a rat" #funny quote by sadhguru :D

Edited by Salvijus

Fast from all physical, mental, emotional attachments/addictions. Eventually all you have left is to face naked self and deal/transcend whats being suppressed. P.S yes including food if you want the deepest healing/self realization possible.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

You don't have to love yourself FULLY. 

How do you measure fully anyway?

Being slightly unsatisfied with yourself is okay as it pushes you to become a better person.

9 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

are you running away from letting go?

Actually yeah. I just procrastinated 1 1/2 weeks instead of studying for my final exams in 5 weeks and I just can't move on and accept that.

9 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

are you running away from feeling something very deeply?

Also true. Since many weeks I feel emotionally rather numb than really alive. I think I'm suppressing a lot of emotions.

Edited by LoveandPurpose

@hyruga

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

Being slightly unsatisfied with yourself is okay as it pushes you to become a better person.

I think you can still have the desire to improve yourself while at the same time being completly satisfied with yourself.

Read "The Tao of Fully Feeling" by Pete Walker. A lack of self-acceptance is usually caused by shame associated to past experiences.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

8 minutes ago, Commodent said:

A lack of self-acceptance is usually caused by shame associated to past experiences.

Yesterday I noticed that about me. That I'm shameful about my past.

Thank you for your recommendation!

@LoveandPurpose

You already love yourself, you're just shy enough to admit it.

How do I know?

Well, simply because you're asking.

What is that but love?

If you find this convincing, accept it.

If not, let go.

You can't not love yourself, because you are love.

And I love you too ❤️

@Truth Addict

"Well, simply because you're asking.

What is that but love?"

I see what you're saying. I think that maybe I feel that there's something wrong with being really confident and liking yourself. That it might come off as arrogant.

@Serotoninluv Yes that's where I'm also confused: What role does consciousness play here? Just observing the thoughts? I feel like that this approach doesn't really solve the issue because it has to be tackled on a personal/egoic level through changing your thoughts.

What are your thoughts on that?

18 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Truth Addict

I think that maybe I feel that there's something wrong with being really confident and liking yourself. That it might come off as arrogant.

I respect your honesty about yourself.

We don't need to think something is wrong in order to change it, right? We can change something which is right into something which is even more right.

The fact that you come off as arrogant is the issue you're worried about. But that's who you are right now, and that's exactly where you needed to be, because see, if you weren't at where you are at, then you wouldn't ask for help, right?

There are always bigger plans for you at work by Love and Infinite Intelligence.

Now, after acknowledging that, accept who you are without resistance, and then learn and apply practical advice on how to become more humble.

I hope that gives you some insight and clarity.

❤️

@Truth Addict Thank you for your kind words! :)

So learning to be confident while balancing that with being humble is what you're saying, right?

Practice until you get it.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I noticed that perfectionism is a big issue of mine. Demanding that everything is perfect also includes myself, which is an ideal I can only fall short to.

15 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Truth Addict Thank you for your kind words! :)

So learning to be confident while balancing that with being humble is what you're saying, right?

This is even better than what I was saying.

❤️