Recursoinominado

How to integrate and embody psychedelics insights?

36 posts in this topic

I had a fair share of deep life-changing insights from psychedelics experiences but my integration rate is very low, i never saw anyone talking about this integration (not even Leo, but could be wrong) besides the "give it time" one. Not even going to explore this idea since i am sure that we all have been through it. I wonder what is a process that you guys use to change your life with those insights. When i am tripping, it seems like i can see 10 levels deep on one idea and i get it" emotionally, experientially but when i sober up i can only see the superficial levels, only intellectually which isn't enough to give one the certainty that creates passion and commitment to embody a new idea. 

Look at those insights and ask yourself "how would I live if these insights are true?" then start living by it.

If I realize all is one, why should I keep acting as if they are only separate? You need to be aware of your actions and when you go against your insights. Integration is a process of taking them in and actually living by them as truth rather than some mental masturbatory theory. As you integrate what you did grab from your experience you can start fleshing out going deeper with future psychedelic experiences.

Integrating 10 levels at once would be rough trying to register it all in the mind. Go up slowly.

Edited by Shadowraix

Great topic, and response from @Shadowraix !

A few points:

• In general, don't actually try changing anything *while* you're tripping. Leave that phone call, plane ticket purchase, career change, possessions purge, love letter, or whatever until you've come well back down to earth.
  • As you're coming down from your trip, it's a really good time to reflect on the trip, take notes mentally or on paper about what the big themes were, what you can take away, and what you'd like to do with these insights.
  • Over the next few days, weeks, months, try to come back to the material of this trip and observe if you're satisfied in the direction you're on. Some of your insights could seem silly and discardable by this point, some will be absolute life enhancing gems. Do the stuff that you intended to, that still feels right in your guts and heart.
  • If you've had a big profound trip, sometimes it can be useful to "check in" at a really low dose later on, just to get back into that view-from-above that can really enhance your ability to integrate.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Recursoinominado I don't use psychadelics but had some deep sober realizations and find it best to let theintegration happen by itself. 

By trying to force it to happen you will add beliefs of how you and the world should be instead of letting them fall away.

@Recursoinominado

What’s your foundation / practice like? 

Meditation.

Expression.

Inquiry.

Mental capacity / expansion.

Focus.

Love.

Your Life Dream.

Purpose. 

Life Strategy / Plan.

How are you expanding these things?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@WelcometoReality This is iffy. Our behaviors are very habit based. This is why you must make an effort to integrate so you can basically submit a behavior change form into the subconscious lol

Understand your psychology so you can manipulate to accomplish what you want. Just don't demonize yourself when you go wrong. Be aware. Awareness is what gives control to intercept. 

Lots of people have psyhedelic insights then it gets lost on sobriety because no work is being done to cultivate it. Psychedelics won't do all the work for you. 

Edited by Shadowraix

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

@WelcometoReality This is iffy. Our behaviors are very habit based. This is why you must make an effort to integrate so you can basically submit a behavior change form into the subconscious lol

Understand your psychology so you can manipulate to accomplish what you want. Just don't demonize yourself when you go wrong. Be aware. Awareness is what gives control to intercept. 

Lots of people have psyhedelic insights then it gets lost on sobriety because no work is being done to cultivate it. Psychedelics won't do all the work for you. 

in fact reading Nietzsche is like taking only the dark side of a very violent psychedelic for instance.

but it has his own context, and maybe there is better lecture now.

I only needed a very insightful and meditative trip on LSD for a week, with a lot of mushroom trip, I did a full 2 weeks on mild and moderate dose ( don't ask me why, I was feeling doing it like this at this time ) music, drawing, inquiry/philosophy.

I had the biggest dark soul ever though for the 5 months after, would not recommand this lvl of violence without integration hahahaha

But I was already a philosopher/self improver and weed smoker since a long time.

but I m very clean now, cannot regret what was written anyway

Edited by Aeris

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

That sounds like personal development which is not the direction I'm moving in. But if OP is moving in that direction I can see the validity in that.

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

That sounds like personal development which is not the direction I'm moving in. But if OP is moving in that direction I can see the validity in that.

The lines blur for me a bit. I'd love to hear about your direction or if there is a thread in which you explained it! For me enlightenment work and embodying it through personal development go hand in hand.

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

The lines blur for me a bit. I'd love to hear about your direction or if there is a thread in which you explained it! For me enlightenment work and embodying it through personal development go hand in hand.

Not as much me wanting to move in a certain direction but more of a letting go of directing life and letting life lead the way.

On 15/04/2019 at 4:50 PM, Shadowraix said:

Look at those insights and ask yourself "how would I live if these insights are true?" then start living by it.

If I realize all is one, why should I keep acting as if they are only separate? You need to be aware of your actions and when you go against your insights. Integration is a process of taking them in and actually living by them as truth rather than some mental masturbatory theory. As you integrate what you did grab from your experience you can start fleshing out going deeper with future psychedelic experiences.

Integrating 10 levels at once would be rough trying to register it all in the mind. Go up slowly.

I don't know man, it seems to me a sure way to self-deception. If i try to emulate the insights i had while sober, the ego will sneak in just enough to make it all about itself and distort everything. But i suppose you are right, have you apply this and it worked?

On 15/04/2019 at 5:02 PM, outlandish said:

Great topic, and response from @Shadowraix !

A few points:

• In general, don't actually try changing anything *while* you're tripping. Leave that phone call, plane ticket purchase, career change, possessions purge, love letter, or whatever until you've come well back down to earth.
  • As you're coming down from your trip, it's a really good time to reflect on the trip, take notes mentally or on paper about what the big themes were, what you can take away, and what you'd like to do with these insights.
  • Over the next few days, weeks, months, try to come back to the material of this trip and observe if you're satisfied in the direction you're on. Some of your insights could seem silly and discardable by this point, some will be absolute life enhancing gems. Do the stuff that you intended to, that still feels right in your guts and heart.
  • If you've had a big profound trip, sometimes it can be useful to "check in" at a really low dose later on, just to get back into that view-from-above that can really enhance your ability to integrate.

Yeah, maybe mild doses to try to reconnect later, thanks for your response. 

On 15/04/2019 at 5:11 PM, WelcometoReality said:

@Recursoinominado I don't use psychadelics but had some deep sober realizations and find it best to let theintegration happen by itself. 

By trying to force it to happen you will add beliefs of how you and the world should be instead of letting them fall away.

That's what i have been doing but i don't know if it worked so far. Definitely not in the sense of integrating those big deep insights, maybe some preliminary energetic entanglement. 

On 15/04/2019 at 5:49 PM, Nahm said:

@Recursoinominado

What’s your foundation / practice like? 

Meditation.

Expression.

Inquiry.

Focus.

Love.

Your Life Dream.

Purpose. 

Life Strategy / Plan.

How are you expanding these things?

That's some deep questioning lol 
Until now i used lots of self-observation and massive amounts of spiritual and personal development knowledge, lots of mental masturbation, which i realized i am full of and don't need more of, just revisiting the basics: being present, mindful, accepting the moment fully, letting go, surrender etc.

In a personal development sense, i am stuck trying to create my life purpose (took Leos course) but i have a lot of blocks in the way, trying to deal with them (the obstacle is the way) right now. 

@Recursoinominado Well, first you must accept there will always be self-deception. It is not a matter on if/if not delusional but how delusional. But as you do this work and continue to have insights and embody them you find another piece of the puzzle. You'll obviously be deluded running off only one piece, but you can improve as you get the 2nd piece then 3rd piece and so on. This is why you stay humble as there are more pieces than you'll realize in your life. So don't be deterred by self-deception. Continue working and being aware and you can begin to  'cleanse' any insight that the ego tries to corrupt. You gotta start somewhere right? 

Yes, I would say I have seen success. Although, I would say I have been spoiled a bit. A psychedelic experience built an amazing foundation for me and I was shown to Leo that very night and its probably the very reason I struggled way less on some things than others. There's a lot of work involved though in the personal development side. I mean you effectively have to unravel your psychology like a ball of yarn and get to every tree root there is. 

I would imagine insights that aren't as emotionally dramatic may not 'bake' itself into your being as much. You know that sort of pre-thought understanding. The click. Perhaps you can meditate on them until it does. I had an ego death to where I realized all is one but it didn't click with me anymore until the experience I mentioned that absolutely rocked my world.

@Recursoinominado For personal development, I've found medium trips work better. And, a couple micro- or mini-dose trip to raise consciousness closer to the stronger trip. Also, increasing my baseline consciousness - for me yin yoga works well. And occasional cannabis use.

For transpersonal awakening, I turn the keys over and allow the universe to mold me as it sees fit. 

On 15/04/2019 at 5:49 PM, Nahm said:

@Nahm What do you mean by this ?

@Recursoinominado it's important to reflect on what you learned, how you felt, the insights you had, etc.

I would also like to add that moving closer to "Being" will help keep the insights. 

Expect the few days/weeks afterward to be confusing and full of uncertainty... it's all part of the confusion that must be moved through and integrated as well. 

@tecladocasio General learning, comprehension, etc. Maybe learning about botany, horticulture, and aura’s, and then quantum mechanics. The mental capacity observing the botany is expanded, in comparison to just learning about botany only. This expanded capacity serves as well with theory path wise, and pretty much anything else imo. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I’m curious. . .Is what you’re saying along these lines?. . .  let’s say a botanist’s mind is completely immersed in theory, concepts and knowledge about botany. This mind may be “lost” in theory and not observing actual botany right in front of him. He may “miss” a lot. For example, by simply observing botany around him with an empty mind, new insights my arise. . . Is that about right?

@Serotoninluv It's important to see that most concepts about botany are based on experience , so anyone who learns only the conceptual-theory about something has a very shallow understading of the matter . 

20 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Serotoninluv It's important to see that most concepts about botany are based on experience , so anyone who learns only the conceptual-theory about something has a very shallow understading of the matter . 

Hmmm. . . I like your idea. . . is it ok if I add “observation” to experience? 

The idea appearing in my mind is now: 

Concept-theory is based on observation and experience. So if a Botanist only learns concepts-theory, he will have a shallow understanding because he is limited to a subset of previous Botanists’ observations and experience. Deep insights from his own observations and experience will not arise. 

How does that sound to you?