Aakash

what is the need for personal growth after self realisation

12 posts in this topic

after self realisation what is the need for personal growth, whether thats live a better life, sorting out your various psycological needs and dynamics, I.e addictions or repetative unconscious habits, the need to go gym, the need for more consciousness in your life? 

to explain this in more detail, i'm i mean what is the overall arching aim of all of it? 

rupert spira in another video goes onto say that the thoughts still arise from the ego mind and that recognition of the self is not enough to prevent this from happening, he goes onto say that when the thought arises you need to question yourself on to whos behalf did this thought arise, the individual finite self or the infinite self. this would be an example of the psychological dynamics because you have already fooled yourself to thinking you were an individual seperate self and this is where your lying and self-serving actions come from. 

but again i ask, what is the need when for this personal growth when you are not the one who is moving 

would it be to live a better life? would it be to be more loving? rupert spira goes on to say that it is to realign yourself with your most true values and i think if i asked leo he would say to master consciousness and become an enlightened master, but this still doesn't take away from the fact that in fact everything is fine as it is, you are perfect as is, 

so what are your arguments for both sides of the paradox ?

Edited by Aakash

"Everything is perfect and there is always room for improvement."

- Shunryu Suzuki

@Aakash

The bottomline is this:

If you are truly fulfilled, you wouldn't even bother with all this stuff and only remain as you are.

If you are not fulfilled, that which is not fulfilled, will inevitably make its move to relieve its suffering. So sooner or later you are back to seeking/inquiry once again.

True fulfillment is something you can never fake. Non dual logic wont satiate the layers of vague suffering. Personal growth or call it whatever, the movement wont stop until it is fulfilled.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Lisa Cairns spoke around this issue and was deeply healing at one point to understand.  There's waking up to what you are and knowing that which can have its own side psychological healing effects on ones self AND then theres the persistence of habit/body/trauma/brain-nervous system stuff which there are methods and things that can be done/learned/time put into that will heal those things which leads to less suffering, more natural states of bliss.

And yes there are HUGE, lol, awakenings that can happen that heal everything in one go, and everything in between these two paragraphs (but you can't try this or any type of awakening to happen like this).

To "do" or put effort in either of these forms of discovery does not equate suffering either.

And yes there are those that will be very fulfilled, still have arisals of discomfort/trauma and what not and have no interest in changing and be fufilled/not-at odds with the choice.

This is a really good question and more  spiritual people should really understand these subtitles because many spiritual ego's are stuck as a result of this question since a lot of "ego's" are about abiding by certain rules and if its not obeyed, they are wrong or others are wrong and this generally equates to a type of contraction and suffering.

Edited by Mu_

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

With that said.. some quotes from Yoga Vasistha:

"It is vain hope that binds one to this nightmare known as world-appearance. Fie on this wretched condition."

"Sheer ignorance generates feelings like 'this I should have' and 'this I should reject'. It is better to spend one's time in seclusion or in hell than to live in this world-appearance."

No wonder Vedanta was called Arrankya back in the days, meaning a business done in deep forests(by sages). It had no place in mainstream society.

Go preach these quotes to the 'world'. The 'world' will never accept this doctrine even as a possibility(unless some serious shit breaks loose and it is compelled).

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Mikael89 enlightened doesn't mean knowledge in other fields.So one has to strive improve for the knowledge in the field of interest.

Pls clarify your thoughts on this.

@Mikael89 dream unreal are just philosophical terms.one has to live in this world till the physical death.And no escape from the ego mind.knowing that's not me but has to use that to live.ego mind will function in the same way as before.There is always scope for improvement  of the mind.

Hope not all enlightened are going to live in a monastery constantly absorbed in Nothing.

After you reach heaven, you find it empty.

So you go back to bring more people in.

I focused so much on my spiritual growth that now my external life is a complete mess. So back to the basics it is for me. 

6 minutes ago, universe said:

After you reach heaven, you find it empty.

So you go back to bring more people in.

Love this. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Aakash No need for personal growth . If you feel some need , it's yours . And you are not enlightened yet .

It is very good question.

I would like to add on MU message and clarify that it is not about following some written rules on what proper ego should be like, but fixing only things that make you suffer, or make you immersed in ego, fixing does not  mean changing, it can be accepting that part of you, which can happen trough various means, sometimes it can be removing  past traumas, habits from your ego, I would say that lots of thous things come in to right place trough practice without even noticing.

Although ultimately it does not matter and you should be alright with everything, there is this problem of you believing ego is you (even if you think it is not you) -->you having idea of what your ego should be like----> what others should think of you(I), which blocks you from getting deeper and makes you fall back to it ego traps.

And it is not always the "negative" things,  "positive" things can do it too.

It is very complex system, some people are alright with having certain traits, some people can't accept having them, you could as well go without doing any personal development and set your goal on seeing ego for what it really is right away.

There is no way of knowing what will be best for you and there is way to much to address on this topic, but I think one message out of this should be clear, there is no one ego module you have to follow, there is just goal you have to reach  and what you have to do to get there depends entirely on you.