Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody_Atzori

Why am I not the brain?

76 posts in this topic

@tecladocasio Sorry, not understanding what you’re saying there. If you could maybe quote my post again and pick it apart / point out what you’re saying, that’d be helpful. Thanks. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

What is your brain made from? Mostly water? Where did the water come from? Didn't Jesus and likely George Washington drink those particles and pee them out so they could be recycles and part of your brain? It's just a piece of meat, it's the energy that animates it. We are just energy, one energy, one interconnected thing/no thing. 

Your brain exists, but not in the way you think about it. Can you look yourself in the eyes without a mirror? Then how can the thinker think about itself? 

a piece of meat is energy.

for me the revelation was seeing that I can have thoughts, not latch on to them, and just watch them pass by. This made me realize that I am not my thoughts or my brain. Also there is space between your thoughts which can also make you realize you are not your thoughts. Just watch your thoughts... it will come.

Maybe everyone here is just so spiritually advanced that you have forgotten what its like to be a normal human being. I think what I'm trying to say here is your guy's spiritual egos really annoy the crap out of me :)

Edited by GromHellScream

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Notice there are no thoughts directing the fingers to individual letters. Notice while walking, there is no directive thoughts saying “more this foot”, “now lift this foot”, etc.

@Nahm  Notice here that you are confusing the thought with language . There is thought prior to the moving of my hand , there is thought prior to moving you leg . And it is the same thought that creates the dialogue in form of language in your head . Thinking is not the voice in your head that talks to yourself , that's what i'm saying . And that's why neurocientists can ''prove'' that ''you'' don't have free will , but you do have , the false premise is confusing the thought in your head as ''you'' and as thinking itself . Sorry if i'm not being clear here , I hope at this time you will get it hahah . Contemplation do a great job by the way . 

15 minutes ago, GromHellScream said:

for me the revelation was seeing that I can have thoughts, not latch on to them, and just watch them pass by. This made me realize that I am not my thoughts or my brain. Also there is space between your thoughts which can also make you realize you are not your thoughts. Just watch your thoughts... it will come.

Maybe everyone here is just so spiritually advanced that you have forgotten what its like to be a normal human being. I think what I'm trying to say here is your guy's spiritual egos really annoy the crap out of me :)

what is normal?

a piece of meat chewing on another piece of meat? :S

i’d really love to hear an answer. just to the first question. as this really is one of the biggest traps, to think there is a norm to anything we didn’t apply by ourselves.

Edited by now is forever

@tecladocasio 

Thanks for the explanation. Might be understanding you, not entirely sure. These thoughts which move the thigh, knee, calf, ankles, etc, while walking...you experience these thoughts directly?  If so, could you explain, and draw some distinctions between the “walking thoughts”, and say an arising “tea sounds good” thought? 

Consciousness creates the brain, the brain does not create consciousness. Also, do not believe this. Belief is not what you are aiming for at all. It must be experienced. Also...everything is consciousness. The thought "everything isint consciousness," is an idea occurring, also, within consciousness. Allow yourself to think ideologically. Your not removing anything, your just recognising what is you. 

@Cody_Atzori Below is a fun video you might find interesting. Even at the level of the brain, that "me" is a complete illusion from nothingness. Reality = Illusion.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Cody_Atzori Below is a fun video you might find interesting. Even at the level of the brain, that "me" is a complete illusion from nothingness. Reality = Illusion.

I know reality is a fucking dream, and I am determined to experience this directly...even if it fucking kills me. And I want it to

2 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

I know reality is a fucking dream, and I am determined to experience this directly...even if it fucking kills me. And I want it to

well you don’t have a chance, life has always been deadly. :)

@Nahm Here I'm using thought as the knowing capacity , but I think most people see a ''thought'' the voice in the head , but the voice in the head is the result of the thoght i'm refering hahah . The '' tea sounds good '' thought is an experience , and if I wanna share this experience with someone , them the experience ''tea sounds good'' would be structered , in the symbols of language . Another example : the experience of a tree is not the word ''tree'' , the word serve as communicating . Of course that the ''walking thoughts'' are almost unconscious , but if you decide to go upstairs backwards , you would need to be more engaged but in none of this cases it's necessary the thought in your head . 

Edited by tecladocasio

5 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Once *knowing* reality = illusion, the "me" dissolves. There is nothing to anchor the "me".

It's one thing the cognitively think it, it's another to embody it.

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

what is normal?

a piece of meat chewing on another piece of meat? :S

i’d really love to hear an answer. just to the first question. as this really is one of the biggest traps, to think there is a norm to anything we didn’t apply by ourselves.

ok so take the entire population, then what the majority of them do and how the majority behave is whats normal :) 

But whats normal here is one who is not yet awake. 

9 minutes ago, GromHellScream said:

ok so take the entire population, then what the majority of them do and how the majority behave is whats normal :) 

But whats normal here is one who is not yet awake. 

yeah, that would also mean there is not-normal and that’s the tragic of what’s normal. that normal actually is not-normal because it’s self created.

Edited by now is forever

@tecladocasio I’m understanding the logical aspect of what you’re saying...

Are you aware of, or, directly experiencing these thoughts which move the legs?  Or the thoughts which ‘structure the symbols of language’? 

When you said the ‘walking thoughts’ are “almost unconscious”...you are saying you are conscious of these particular thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Just sit back and enjoy the movie. Parts are beautiful and sweet, parts of it are terrifying. I'll share my popcorn with you. :)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@David Hammond

But what is proof? Have you ever actually seen a "proof"?

proof is a concept that dictates experiments are absolute, i have read math proofs but nothing that is absolute, as absolute is beyond proof of something existing, it exists and therefore proof is not needed

Does a proof actually exist as an entity? 

Yes it is its own classification in existence, an entity of the formless one could say, or a part of it that is 

Where did you get the concept of a "proof" from?

I got the concept of proof from childhood education and science projects, so in short, i got it from my memories 

but what are the benefits exactly? to show that proof is not absolute 

@David Hammond I can't it is not an object or thing 

i can only point to a math paper, i can't point to the proof itself

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm Yes , this thoughts that i'm refering are experiences . The ''almost unconscious'' is because I don't really decide for every particle of my body ,my conscious experience is limited , but I decided to start walking , and keep walking , and it don't require much thinking , because i'm very used to walk .