herghly

Taking a break from meditation

19 posts in this topic

I’m seriously considering for the next 3-6months to either stop all spiritual practices or spend less time on it. Right now I meditate 60-9 minutes per day, while this is great and I am getting a lot of benefits from meditation at the same  I feel my time should be used on integrating orange. I need to set up more financial success and build a good structure.

I spend too much of my day meditating, reading books on these topics and watching videos. Even though I know money won’t make me happy at the same time I know I need to set up my finances better.

I want to dedicate the next 3-6 months to spend more time on my online business and gain more financial security. 

Should I stop meditating during this time or reduce the time down to 20-30 minutes every day? 

Keep in mind my end goal is I want to have a build a good business structure so that I can step away and spend more time doing my spiritual practices. The past few years I have done multiple meditation retreats, but part of me feels guilty while I'm there because I know I should be making more money.

There are way you can improve without sitting mediation, but it is art on its own, if you have time you can try to look on forum, or maybe someone will take his time to give you information on how it is done, to put it simple, sitting  makes it easier to focus on mediating, less obstacles that get in your way, very controlled environment so to say, but that does not mean that you can't practice it on daily bases while you are walking, talking , or doing anything for that matter, which is actually very good way to improve not just because you can spend way more time on it, but also improves your base capacity for mediation, as you are being able to "concentrate" on these states in any circumstance. Not going to be easy to get started though, so not sure how easy it will be for you to manage it till you get comfortable with process. 

Edited by purerogue

@herghly its an actual suggestion. Are you saying you are too busy not finding even 1 hour time to meditate? You can stop reading the books, watching video but why stop meditation? 

Good that you want to improve your business and make money. 

@DrewNows because reading books or hearing other's words doesn't give the insights and for realization meditation is must. 

what i am currently considering to do is 30 minutes of Kriya every day and to stop using psychedelics.  I have already had enough mystical experiences to know I want to purse enlightenment, but i need to be strategic 

@herghly why not continue the spiritual practise? You don't need to be in a state of mindfulness throughout the entire day, just do a sit every morning

@herghly 

The thing is, your mental performance right now is at peak because of meditation.

Consider that you will need meditation more than you need anything else.

Your mind can get exhausted, and thus will disappoint you after a little while of hard work, and then you will need to meditate to re-charge your brain power so to speak.

So, I wouldn't cut off meditation, but I'd postpone everything else.

Think strategically about this point, it's vital to your success.

Meditation doesn't have to be about sitting down doing nothing, it can also be walking, art, music, dance, sports, working with nature ect... whatever puts you in the present moment is a form of meditation > mindfulness because you, like meditation/the breath ect.. are focusing on one thing.

Sure there is always a time for sitting/laying down and letting go but if you have go by what brings you the most joy and what you are most passionate about at this moment. That is how you grow. Not by doing what everyone else is doing but finding your own way, creating your own that works best for "you".

Phases are always changing, be one with them.

B R E A T H E

It's okay to take breaks. I'm doing one myself currently. Spirituality isn't just grinding and devotion if there are other aspects of life that need to be worked through and integrated. I think if you feel it's the right choice for you now, follow it. I think you shouldn't cut it all out though. Don't just stop meditating or praying or taking in theory. Just cut it back quite a bit. It's like the gym and getting strong. It's okay if you don't have time to train 2+ hours a day but just stopping training altogether leads to detraining. Same with spirituality in many regards. I say cut back and meditate for just 5-20 minutes once a day and maybe just read some theory at your own leisure every now and then. Don't just quit entirely. I'm actually doing the same. i used to meditate quite a bit but got stuck and realized the way out of this wasn't just more meditating and grinding and spiritual mumbo jumbo. We have our lives to work through and they are jsut as much a part of reality as spiritual journey. There are other aspects of my life that need to be worked through. So yeah, if you need some time off I think it's a good idea but just keep a little spiritual stuff going. Good luck!

Edited by SunnyNewDay

7 hours ago, Jkris said:

@DrewNows because reading books or hearing other's words doesn't give the insights and for realization meditation is must. 

There can be other solutions as Pluto explains. Besides daily mindfulness I actually use walks in nature, chores and physical activity (weight lifting/yoga moves) to go into high alertness and total absorption 

this is more than enough meditation and appears more productive if you ask me. Semi intense exercise good for mental cognition

Edited by DrewNows

90 minutes isn't that much time. Is there something else or other things you do for that amount of time per day that you can cut out?

Defenitely don't cut out meditation. I had to go from 2 hours a day to without it for a week a few weeks ago and so many benefits went away.

I bet you are more likely to make money if you keep meditating.

also, think about the idea of 4 hours of work per day, at top speed/intensity, since you can't do more than that without performance lowering.

Thanks for the responses guys

I think I will just cut down the time i spend meditating to 30-40 minutes per day.

I'm considering to start a visualisation habit too

Here's what I would do. Meditate because you want to. Quit it until you want to do it again. Give yourself the freedom to only do what you want to do spontaneously when it comes to spirituality. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Here's what I would do. Meditate because you want to. Quit it until you want to do it again. Give yourself the freedom to only do what you want to do spontaneously when it comes to spirituality. 

I agree completely. I have used a rigid meditation schedule (X minutes per day, every day) in the past, but I gave it up when I found that the quality of my meditation was poor. I now meditate when I want (which is ultimately less than I did before), but I still meditate regularly, and I can meditate with much more intention and less obligation.