Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Authenticity = Vulnerability

17 posts in this topic

The more open you are, the more self honesty you have, it's easier to attack you. Egos do that.

If you are truly honest and open with yourself, who is there to get hurt in the first place?

@zambize you know all I say would be ideas from others. They can be true but I can't be sure.

@Pouya The clue is in the statement, I have no clue. Look into the "I" who is asking. Who is this "I"?

This reminds me of Brene Brown. Interesting social science about honesty, vulnerability, etc. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

41 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

If you are truly honest and open with yourself, who is there to get hurt in the first place?

@FoxFoxFox 

YOU don't get hurt

But "your person" gets hurt.

And "your person" is like your main character which you play with in the game. The you playing the game isn't hurt or scratched by whatever happens in the game but you still do care and feel for it.

Your ego, your human incarnation...

I guess the character itself thinks of itself in this way which i have Expressed above

Wow... This means that technically awareness literally "doesn't care" or rather it's more appropriate to say from awareness's POV there is no person or character there for which it will be worried about or care or feel for.

So the issue really is again from the POV of the character/person only.

So with that, does the character technically need to be okay with the fact that whatever may happen to it, is ok?

Not saying or projecting this will happen, but needs to he carefree about the fact that if losing of job or home happens, that's what happens. 

I like this example to illustrate what it should not be confused with... In that, you cannot use the "no free will" as an excuse in the court of law :)

Wont work.

Different worlds intersecting there.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei There is no duality between the small self and the Self. That duality is only in the mind. Really, there is no ignorance. Don't think, be!

Our blockages and walls exist to protect us. They are functional. Not random. Our inabaility to see out blind spots is due to that reason.

Withiut willing to be vulnerable. When life shows you your wrong. That you have issues. Not what you though. Growth can’t be accomplished. Without growth. One can not be truly authentic.

@FoxFoxFox I means the human being has no clue. Language is based on this I (human identification) maybe its false but this is the case for now.

I need some good old self inquiry :P

@David Hammond if you mean others are me then I cant say anything because I don't have experience of it.

But yeah I get ideas and keep some of them as mine.

@Pouya youre right, you are more vulnerable when being authentic. Think about it historically. People have been ridiculed, tortured, and murdered for being authentic. For instance, Leo would have been persecuted for his teachings not even a few decades ago. And from an evolutionary perspective, our egos had to be extremely protective and reserved to survive. 

However, people are also inextricably drawn to authenticity, like a moth to the flame. It radiates values that most people have covered up or forgotten. The greatest wisdom of our time is telling us to be more authentic, despite all these societal and inner forces telling us not to.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

like a moth to the flame.

You reminded me of a persian story of butterflies looking for fire and burning by it's flames when they find it.

It think it was from Rumi. The real butterfies who know what is fire are the ones who burn in its flames. :)

1 hour ago, Pouya said:

The more open you are, the more self honesty you have, it's easier to attack you. Egos do that.

I'm pretty sure vulnerability exists as a thought. And that thought may relate to other egos and your own ego in order to be perpetuated and survive. 

I wouldn't bind the two, in my own experience I've been authentic and invulnerable simultaneously.

It may effect your future experiences to hold this assumption, the two may be mutually brought forward. 

Of course.

That's why I lie and manipulate. Becaus I want to survive at all costs. In my experience, we are all vulnerable, which is why we put on a front.

I'm more authentic than what I used to be, so I'm not going to lie about not liking a person, a movie or some task. But when I take time off work for a solo retreat, I'll probably end up lying that I'm going on a vacation or something. If I trip on some mushrooms on the weekend, I'll definitely not mention that to my family. 100% honesty at all times, at least to me, is counterproductive.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

56 minutes ago, Pouya said:

You reminded me of a persian story of butterflies looking for fire and burning by it's flames when they find it.

It think it was from Rumi. The real butterfies who know what is fire are the ones who burn in its flames. :)

Wow, I had never heard that before, and you inspired me to look it up. Beautiful stuff! ?

He alone knows what authenticity is. Vulnerability. To love is to be vulnerable.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo