Pouya

Why enlightened teachers assume past lifes?

31 posts in this topic

Why many great teachers assume them?

Do past lives exist?

@Pouya Some assume due to scripture/teachings, some assume because they have memories/visions.

Convenience and political correctness.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Pouya Why do adults tells kids there is a Santa? 

lol ta fuck.

maybe my mother lacked education, I never believed in santa, even at 3y, I try to capture him to prove everyone it was a red flag.

I m born enlightened 

Edited by Aeris

past lives exist but they are not your past lives as in "nobody else's past lives... only mine". everything that happened before the birth of this current form is part of its past lives.

we, as individuals, share past lives... because everything is a manifestation of True Nature. Teotl is the past life of Teotl, only in different forms.

unborn Truth

5 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I m born enlightened

Hmm...What was that like?

Why do you think parents tell kids there is a Santa?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Hmm...What was that like?

Why do you think parents tell kids there is a Santa?

non enlightened parenting

@Nahm @Markus@Truth Addict the relative doesn't exist, mind illusions. Absolute is reality. But why does a normal question turns into a inquiry? I know the answers but never experienced them truly. Answering verbally will give me a false sense of spirituality.

Also I don't know why they usually say you should toss away your ideas while talking about it. Isn't past lives a form idea? It can be real but the idea is just thoughts.

Edited by Pouya

@Pouya

Let's say you have memories of a past life. Memories that are definitely not of your current life. Is that proof for the existence of past lives? If so, whose past life is it? Yours? Whose life is it you are living now then?

If you even entertain these questions, you are already admitting that there is a consistent, unbreakable reality that to whom these lives belong - knowing that is enlightenment. View all your questions from that perspective and you'll find answers.

@Pouya @Salvijus Thank you for the video, i really like sadhguru :)

Then what if a being is enlightened, is it going to still be awake after death or even next life? Or is it the end?

@Pouya

Experience appears to be separate things changing. In believing there are separate things changing, you believe you are a separate thing changing. In believing you are a separate thing changing, you believe in a physical you, and you believe this ‘you’ is experiencing time. In believing ‘you’ are separate & experiencing ‘time’, you believe in life and death. In believing in time & life & death & that you are a separate self - you believe in past lives and future lives.

When do thoughts arise, when do you believe thoughts? 

Only now.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Pouya said:

@Nahm @Markus@Truth Addict the relative doesn't exist, mind illusions. Absolute is reality. But why does a normal question turns into a inquiry? I know the answers but never experienced them truly. Answering verbally will give me a false sense of spirituality.

Also I don't know why they usually say you should toss away your ideas while talking about it. Isn't past lives a form idea? It can be real but the idea is just thoughts.

The relative not existing is just an idea to you. And many do tell people not to concern themselves with ideas of past lives, because it's a distraction. Adyashanti is reluctant to talk about past lives (he's had visions of his) due to that.

@Pouya

All "why" questions have to do with pragmatism. Or, at least that's what I believe.

As for the question: do past lives exist?

The question itself is a fallacy, because existence is the present moment, so there's basically no past or future. But at the same time, yes, there exists past and future in the now, just not the thoughts of them. (although the thoughts might exist as well).

Edited by Truth Addict