TheAvatarState

How do I know if anyone else is conscious?

46 posts in this topic

You can’t prove it until you experience yourself as the entire universe. Then through direct experience you will seee that the entire universe is conscious, infinitely intelligent and all-loving, found in every square inch of space and time.

Your consciousness can be free if you disconnect from your ego. You can then connect with the consciousness is any form. The ego reinforces separation, and this creates a perception of a single consciousness. But everything is you. You are everything you perceive.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

3 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@ajasatya I'm not OK with putting it all to "magic" stuff over there. How could it possibly be that void is infinitely intelligent? Have you really thought about the ramifications of something "infinitely intelligent?" Like... Really?

And by "best" I don't mean our human- entered perspective. I mean universally best. It's obvious that there is a higher order/purpose to everything. Do you realize that the only way that's possible is if this infinite intelligence had access to every possibility in existence? At every moment in time?

Thought can not create something which is magic, magic can make something which thinks. Logic refuses this, as it should - it’s not logical. You are logical, and so it’s not logical that there is no “you”.  

Wherever you are, whatever is around you - take a look. See how it all follows the laws of physics. Go outside and look at the stars. Every star and every planet is changing, following the laws. 

But you - awareness - what laws is it following right now? Are you aware of logic? Is it logical that what is aware of logic could also cognitively fit within the same logic which it is aware of? 

It’s all changing, right before your eyes. The eyes themselves are changing. Awareness of all this - has it ever changed? Ever, even the slightest? 

Where would ‘your’ awareness end, and ‘someone else’s’ begin? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm okay I understand, but you're using thought here which can't be trusted. It's true, we can't answer these questions, but I have to be skeptical here, I equally can't know if anything changes at all or stays the same, it's just a belief, time and memory are illusions, how do I know if anything perceived from memory is true? I've been betrayed many times by memory, that's why it can't be trusted.

In my direct experience, there's the awareness of something that I suspect is an illusion.

The question is, if I am all, why am I perceiving from this specific perspective? Of course, there's no answer, because that implies belief.

Where does this end? Insight has to occur. How? Practice, I think. How much? A lot.

Q: is it better to cram practices in one long sit? Or a little every time?

@TheAvatarState You will know when you awaken and not until then.

The ego is what's creating that sense that there are others. Without ego, other would literally be you!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Truth Addict The only thing you can truly trust is your direct experience. Your memories and beliefs are conditioned by your personal past. Infinite intelligence, love and consciousness are beyond your personal mind/ego. They are universal qualities of existence. And they can be accessed in your direct experience by quieting your mind and emotions, and focusing all of your awareness (as best you can) on the consciousness around you and the love in your heart directly. If you can’t feel love in your heart then feel the breathe rise and fall in your chest, and trust that the universal love will arise in your perception. You will eventually reach the deepest part of yourself known as sat-chit-Ananda (love, infinite intelligence and consciousness) as your living experience. This is more than a belief, this is an experience.

As Leo says, you will know when you see this. There will be no doubt that you are the light of God. And this knowing will never leave you, it will expand and grow as you align with it in mind, in emotion and body as you naturally express more of your authentic and radiant self into this world that you already are, and this not only uplifts you, but all of life.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

16 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Nahm woahh. Does that mean "knowing" is untenable? An illusion?

@TheAvatarState Genesis 2:16-17 NIV "And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@TheAvatarState You will know when you awaken and not until then.

The ego is what's creating that sense that there are others. Without ego, other would literally be you!

Jesus... That's freaky man

@Leo Gura No, that's the thing... All the signs are pointing to there NOT being other (in a weird way), and my ego is going, "What the fuck???" 

I understand that I am everyone else, and the level of connectedness I feel with the world is so great that it seems like the world changes around me to fit my tastes in seemingly impossible ways. Synchronicities through the roof. It's to the point where it feels like it's LITERALLY only me and I'm in some type of simulation.

Does any of this make sense? I've had a few awakening experiences but I still don't quite understand this yet. Maybe I'm already there, it's just that my ego can't wrap its head around it...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Truth Addict Yes and no. The thoughts / words are just invitations to do the work, of course.     Also, you can realize through a conversation what you are not and what you are logically, which can be quite ‘eye opening’ and much more inviting / motivating, but the actuality comes from a much deeper awakening / the work. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

No one is conscious. Not even you.

Consciousness is not a property that someone can own or relinquish.

Only Consciousness is/exists.

So get done with the me vs others debates on who is conscious.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Because ''you'' don't exist. ''You'' is an illusion, a concept, an idea created by the mind. That which exists and is All, That Alone Exists and is Real/Reality (call it God, consciousness, awarness, whatever resonates with you). In truth, the mind cannot define it, all it's concepts and words are lies. It is neither consciousness or awarness, it simply just IS. Awarness can become aware of it, consciousness can become conscious of it, but it is the mind that says ''it is consciousness, it is awarness, it is God''. No, it just IS. When this is realized, your question will fade away. Not that it hasn't already, your question was extincted while ''I'' was reading it.

Thanks for your input, guys. 

I figured out that my misunderstanding and ensuing "freak out" was rooted in my assumption that consciousness was a quality someone could have. I already knew this, but this duality still crept into my views. 

I'm watching Leo's video "What is intelligence?" to clear some stuff up, and like any good content, it's raising more questions than I started with!

So to answer my own question, infinite intelligence is not logical or computer-based. Epistemically, it can't be on a multitude of levels, and I was aware of that before and that's what led to my mindfuck. 

We are all one. "I" am not conscious, "you" are not conscious, everything is conscious equally. Consciousness is a field of being. Intelligence is also a field. Just the fact that "we" are experiencing a human experience is a miracle and a gift. I'm having more and more insights to this, I just needed to share this post to get my brain going :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Are you saying there is absolutely no difference in Consciousness for a table and a human? (A human other than you).

In the first place, Consciousness does not recognize unreal things called table and human.

But if we make a concession and grant objects existence, then still it is not a table or a human body that is conscious.

Both table and human body are made of dumb dead 'stuff'. Now we are talking about an imaginary thing called 'matter' because we are trying so hard to make the unreal into real.

Only Consciousness is.

Notice that saying ''only Consciousness is conscious'' is misleading because being conscious is not a function Consciousness switches on or off. The very 'quality' of being conscious IS Consciousness.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

18 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So then it doesn't matter if I saw the legs off of a table or of a human?

If you see 'table' and 'human' then yes, it matters.

If you 'see' Consciousness, then no difference.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

So someone enlightened who only 'see' Consciousness, it's ok for him/her to saw the legs off a human? It would be the same thing as sawing the legs off a table?

the question itself is self contradicting and collapses on itself.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

So someone enlightened who only 'see' Consciousness, it's ok for him/her to saw the legs off a human? It would be the same thing as sawing the legs off a table?

the human is a more complex system, capable of reacting to pain and acting upon its self-defense. have you ever seen people born with a disease that don't allow them to feel pain? their bodies become full of scars and small pieces ripped off, like parts of their lips and tongue.

unborn Truth

Why?

How can one only 'see' Consciousness and saw legs of a table or a human? Where did these things come from?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Mikael89 said:

I'm inclined to agree. That means humans do have a some kind of Consciousness?

humans and everything else are made out of consciousness. you can't have it. you can't lose it. you are it.

unborn Truth