Inliytened1

Infinity or our lack of understanding or is that the ego?

12 posts in this topic

Preface: You will not truly grasp this unless you are awakened and you're ego is fighting for survival...and yes you can be enlightened and still have an ego.  I don't give a fuck what anyone says about that.  Until you are dead you have an ego.

So in my preface I've already answered my own question.

Or have i? 

Therein lies the strange loop.  And here it is:

Is our enlightenment simply taking consciousness to it's limits.  What if there is something beyond consciousness itself?   What if we just found a satisfying answer to why is there something out of nothing? And if a tree falls with no one there does it make a sound?  (Does an object exist without a perceiver)

What if the object does exist but its not the answer of the universe is consciousness itself but there is something outside of consciousness itself but we can't grasp it because we are consciousness.

The only time i knew this not to be true was when i experienced infinity and enlightenent in my direct experience.  When I'm back in my ego this question remains.  (You can say i just answered my own question but did i? I can't bring the certainty back unless i have another mystical experience.  So now i doubt that consciousness itself is all there is.  But then i think to myself how can there be anything else but nothing and or something so it has to be true.  I'm not suggesting the materialist paradigm here..thats long gone.  Im suggesting that we just came up with "an answer" because we took it to the limit.  And the limit is enlightenment itself.

But what if there is something outside of consciousness? Is this just my ego or is this the strange loop itself?

This is a rhetorical question because all of you guys are consciousness itself..including leo and myself so therefore there is nothing BUT enlightenent and consciousness...as far as we know!!!  So it has to be true...but what if its not?

Did i answer my own question?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think this is a fascinating question because it’s only a question that each person on the Path can look back at their own Path and answer for themselves.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Mu ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hello, very interesting insight.

Yes there is something outside consciousness and also there is not.

CONFLATION!!!!! ?

What fun we can have with all this existential/spiritual jargon! 

Thanks for hearing me out guys -

Some may disagree but in truth I actually believe this is indeed just another illusion of the ego but it still pops up for me from time to time.

It's the ego's attempt to move you away from doing consciousness work.

I interpret it as an indication that i need to ground myself deeper into consciousness work in order to deepen my enlightenment.

Interestingly this question seems to disappear when I am actively doing the consciousness work - i.e. Listening to one of  Leo's great videos, or doing mediation, reading enlightenment books, self inquiry, etc.

Even though one can have an enlightenment experience, once you are back in the ego you are still vulnerable to deception.  

It can be especially bad when you are experiencing ego backlash, and if while meditating you are not getting the direct mystical experiences that you got before.

I just remind myself that I can still enjoy meditation and that it's still essential even after having an enlightenment experience.

It's work that we must do for the rest of our lives.

It is great to always continue to inquire regardless.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I have my core model of reality.

When I read your thoughts you posted about them. I  find them clever. Because when I look back to my model, I can see similarities. What I would be agreeing on your thoughts are:
- The trap

- The loop

What I'd disagree of on your thoughts are:
- Simplifying these/ narrowing down to each time/ >>to>>> ego.

What would be more better:
- If somehow we would say different words to describe the level's of ego, as like this would be a more proper tool to think of instead of "levels of consciousness/enlightenment".

My core model would be said into one sentence:
The everything including the LIFE itself, is a trap within the EGO,

>>ascend>>

Every stage in life is a different test for each individual to keep them becoming literally God.

>>examples>>

You as kid, want bicycle, you'll be tested, when you get it you ride it.

You as teenager, want attention, you'll be tested, when you get it you feel "important person"

You as early adulthood, want relationship/sex/status, you'll be tested, when you get it you feel "complete person"

You as adulthood, want meaning in life, you'll be tested, when you get it "you feel enlightened"
You as enlightened, want more priority in life, you'll be tested, when you get it you feel "god-a-like"

You as god-a-like, want more power, you'll be tested, when you granted with powers "you feel superhuman"

You as superhuman, want more of this life, but you have tested, time over for you to proceed your next life, when you get it you start giving birth to yourself over again.

I won't land you the answer, study and discover the answer for yourself.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, Inliytened1 said:

Preface: You will not truly grasp this unless you are awakened and you're ego is fighting for survival...and yes you can be enlightened and still have an ego.  I don't give a fuck what anyone says about that.  Until you are dead you have an ego.

So in my preface I've already answered my own question.

Or have i? 

Therein lies the strange loop.  And here it is:

Is our enlightenment simply taking consciousness to it's limits.  What if there is something beyond consciousness itself?   What if we just found a satisfying answer to why is there something out of nothing? And if a tree falls with no one there does it make a sound?  (Does an object exist without a perceiver)

What if the object does exist but its not the answer of the universe is consciousness itself but there is something outside of consciousness itself but we can't grasp it because we are consciousness.

The only time i knew this not to be true was when i experienced infinity and enlightenent in my direct experience.  When I'm back in my ego this question remains.  (You can say i just answered my own question but did i? I can't bring the certainty back unless i have another mystical experience.  So now i doubt that consciousness itself is all there is.  But then i think to myself how can there be anything else but nothing and or something so it has to be true.  I'm not suggesting the materialist paradigm here..thats long gone.  Im suggesting that we just came up with "an answer" because we took it to the limit.  And the limit is enlightenment itself.

But what if there is something outside of consciousness? Is this just my ego or is this the strange loop itself?

This is a rhetorical question because all of you guys are consciousness itself..including leo and myself so therefore there is nothing BUT enlightenent and consciousness...as far as we know!!!  So it has to be true...but what if its not?

Did i answer my own question?

What makes you think the place you call yourself at now in your ego is not source/consciousness.  Perhaps the now you call today is the moment of god consciousness awakening as its at in this particular moment judging itself to be seeing as a Ego?  Something to ponder and let in maybe?

The big problem is where does consciousness end? Sure our reality could be a simulation of other beings but are those beings not consciousness?