Tony 845

I have 2 sons, 6 & 4 when can I talk to them about Enlightenment?

42 posts in this topic

its an interesting topic, obviously they are both very young, but I also don't want to see them suffer, I was thinking once they are 12/13? Go ahead give me you're thoughts on the matter...??‍♂️

Trust me as a person who done this whole process from a young age, and is young themselves. Its not your resposibility or to push it on them dogmatically. I simply arrived at the TRUTH at a young age because i was genuinely curious about questioning literally everything. Thats all you can do for them really. From a young age just teach them to think from different points of views and accept other peoples opinions and the fact they may have a curnell of truth within their opinions. 

@Aakash just don't want to see them suffer like I do with this anxiety bull shit, it's dramatically dying down the deeper I get into self inquiry/ mediation/ sds sits but it's still a battle at times. I just don't want this for them. 

Also i started doing some observation of my little cousins who are 4 , 9 and 15; i found that the best way to learn key life lessons in this day and age is through physical games; not like screen/computer games! thats more neurotic to life than it is helpful. Something along the lines of the costs of getting a chocolate bar is to eat 4 grapes lol! thats what i did and my little cousin refused and just cried basically. he never got the chocolate in the end. 

I hope he learned something though - who knows its in his direct experience either way

Rupert Spira once talked about this when I was at one of his lectures. He has never, ever shared something about his work to his son unless he would ask him about it, and he hasn't yet. His take on it was that the search for Truth is something you should organically come to when everything else has failed you. Unless his son would ask him directly, it was not the right time.

However, in his day to day life every interaction he has with his son and his behaviour around him is driven by Truth. 

In other words, decide for yourself if you want to tell them directly but in the meantime, convey this Truth indirectly by embodying it.

Deep down your vibration will have effect on them. By embodying it yourself you free the world.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Tony 845 you should watch leo 65 core principals of living a good life video again; i'm doing it now. because i'm answering the same question personally. I think you will find many things you could do after for your children 

yeah they're probs enlightened now . wait til like 13 where heavy identity comes in

@Tony 845 You can ‘touch’ the actuality of it together without explanation of anything to them.  There are some excellent nondual kids books out, perfect for 4&6. Some of my favorites...

I Am Peace, Susan Verde

What Do You Do With an Idea?, Kobi Yamada

What Do You Do With a Problem? Kobi Yamada

Love, A Story About Who You Truly Are, Anita Moorjani

The Knowing Book, Rebecca Kai Dotlich

The Sara series of books, Ester Hicks

Also, The Most Magnificent Thing, Ashley Spires and What Do You Do With a Chance, Kobe Yamada, are really great. 

There is also Goodnight Yoga, Mariam Gates

And Happy Dreamer, Peter Reynolds

Have you guys seen Small Foot yet? 

Also, just an idea, this ‘works’ well with my kids....recontextualize a concept, a teaching, a principle - for example open mindedness, into a game, which only has the purpose of fun. Simple things, like describing an event between people or whatever, and while driving somewhere, etc, play the game of each person taking turns seeing the event from a different perspective. Similar to taking turns naming animals until someone can’t think of another animal. 

A creative thing we do, is one of us starts by drawing a very simple shape of any sort in the center of a piece of paper, and then we take turns adding something simple to it, recontxtualizing it each time, until it becomes a completely new thing which fills the page. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 is a good age or later. i got my non intentional initiation with 15 - and later read something in a symbolic lexica about 15 being the age for a lot of cultures for initiation rituals. i would read about that stuff a little bit, maybe you will find answers in budhism - at what age they start traditionally with what kind of initiations. i guess ancient cultures have a better understanding about the right physiological/psychological/spiritual age for introductions of metaphysical questions.

Let them create an healthy ego first, maybe 18 is a good age

Dont look at me! Look inside!

OMG! @Tony 845 if they're going to watch something! make them watch anime!!!!! the tv associated with these cartoons are literally ALL COLOURS of the spiral dynamics!!

I'm not even going to lie, this is what opened my radical openmindedness and i could even say it is particially 30-40% of the reason i ended up at the truth man. it's so weird! 

@Rilles I was deeply suffering due To my ego by the time I was 8?‍♂️ Having a drunk dad and an oblivious mom sure as hell didn't help lol ?

Edited by Tony 845

Just now, Tony 845 said:

@Rilles I was deeply suffering due To my ego by the time I was 8?‍♂️

hm... I guess it depends on the child, use your good judgement:), i would have freaked out if i heard about it too early or just called you crazy

Dont look at me! Look inside!

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Let them create an healthy ego first, maybe 18 is a good age

yes - i think at the age of twelve in shamanism they would find their totem animal, think it’s not wrong to have a healthy mystical world understanding before nonduality. in steiner schools they say it’s important even in the early ages - you can work with the spiral through the ages before you introduce nonduality. (you can teach them nonduality better in nature than with anime, don’t forget the ants so fast - my mom let me watch animals all the time it’s super helpful)

Edited by now is forever

You'd rather ask them ?

Yes or no ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Tony 845 Are you living your everyday life in complete accordance with the Self? If so the truth will passively rub of on them. If it is their Karma to follow in that path, they will do so. No need to have that talk, even. Don't harangue others. Be as you are extends to others as well. 

16 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Tony 845 Are you living your everyday life in complete accordance with the Self? If so the truth will passively rub of on them. If it is their Karma to follow in that path, they will do so. No need to have that talk, even. Don't harangue others. Be as you are extends to others as well. 

yeah that might be the cause of the problem xD:ph34r:

it doesn’t need to be the cure. we are not karmaless and they are not karmaless but it’s not about karma it’s about dharma ;)

Edited by now is forever