Annoynymous

No video this week????

261 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Because a turquoise person doesn't care about what people think of them. And they are way beyond survival. 

Ok.  Keep on believing that.  Let’s see if you can live that though.  It’s all idealism.  You guys get trapped in these beliefs.  So following your logic if you’re at Turquoise or above you wouldn’t need to pick an argument with me!  See?  Easily seen through.  Now if you go live what you propose to me and then come back to us and prove it, that would be an entirely different story.  Otherwise it’s just your stories projected onto me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

One story I've been seeing consistently for over 1 year in this forum:

People picking on Joseph.

Lets just stop. Peace out. Take care.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Spiral Dynamics has nothing to do with Enlightenment.

Your stage in Spiral Dynamics only determines what you want to do with your life. Enlightenment determines what your life actually is.

You can be at stage beige and be "enlightened" at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Genghis Khan said:

Your stage in Spiral Dynamics only determines what you want to do with your life. Enlightenment determines what your life actually is.

I used to think that too but actually there is a relation because Spiral Dynamics tracks the development of a more and more Enlightened Ego.  But we have our theory and then we have being in the Now and never the twain shall meet.  It’s not Enlightenment or stories, it’s Enlightenment and stories.  You can entertain and use stories on the one hand, but realize too on the other hand that Enlightenment has nothing to do with stories.  Enlightenment is an existential transformation of how you BE in the Now.  That change in how you ARE in the Now has nothing to do with beliefs.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

No video this week????

f2e.jpg_large.jpg

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 minutes ago, Genghis Khan said:

Finally someone said it. Thank you

SD stages are just set of beliefs, values and worldviews. Tools to navigate inside the dream

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Finally someone said it. Thank you

SD stages are just set of beliefs, values and worldviews. Tools to navigate inside the dream

Spiral Dynamics is not just a set of beliefs.  Spiral Dynamics is a theory that is tracking basically increasing adult development.  You gotta look at what the theory is pointing to in the world.  Now, in relation to Enlightenment it is true that you can be Enlightened and at Stage Blue.  However, you don’t lose your Ego with Enlightenment (or your body), so Spiral Dynamics is useful to cultivate a more and more cultivated Ego or what I call an Enlightened Ego. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Spiral Dynamics is not just a set of beliefs.  Spiral Dynamics is a theory that is tracking basically increasing consciousness — or we might call it adult development.

Are you saying that Spiral Dynamics is "not just a set of beliefs" because you believe there's value in the beliefs? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

34 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Spiral Dynamics is not just a set of beliefs.  Spiral Dynamics is a theory that is tracking basically increasing consciousness — or we might call it adult development.  You gotta look at what the theory is pointing to in the world.

Consciousness doesn't increase or decrease.

The game of life is all about aligning with certain beliefs, values, actions and perspectives that produce less and less amount of friction down the line. In other words, making one's dream smoother and smoother. The project never ends though.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

6 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Joseph Maynor

Are you saying that Spiral Dynamics is "not just a set of beliefs" because you believe there's value in the beliefs? 

Spiral Dynamics is a useful tool to help you develop a more and more Enlightened Ego.  Living with an Enlightened Ego is like living with a healthy body.  Nobody forces you to live with a healthy body, but it’s much better to live with a more healthy body rather than a less healthy body.  Spiral Dynamics is like food for creating a healthy Ego.  Healthy body, healthy Ego.  It’s interesting that our views of Ego are so warped that saying “healthy Ego” seems like an oxymoron rather than a virtue.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Random question which is just me asking asking out of boredom, but how confident do you feel about the existence of the stages (e.g. blue or yellow or any other color) in spiral dynamics and the existence of the progression of these stages? I'm just interested in what you say because you seem to have thought/read about spiral dynamics a fair bit. On the one hand I sort of believe in it, but on the other hand I don't know whether any Spiral Dynamics explanations I have about things are just confirmation bias. 

Random thought I had on confirmation bias. Supposing that the world was entirely rational and logical and could be explained with the metaphysics of your bog-standard empiricist it follows that the human mind is neither smart enough or observant enough to logically sort through all the events and happenings in the universe (the universe is too chaotic with way too many variables). And because our brains are not powerful enough ( you could think of IQ as being a component of "power" if you want) to work out the "true answer" to certain questions my mind will instead deduce the answer to questions by using an increased number of assumptions and increased number of jumps in logical reasoning. Supposing that in reality it takes 100 logical steps to reach the true answer to a question, my mind might only use 6 steps due to the presence of further assumptions and jumps in reasoning which are caused by my world view (e.g. spiral dynamics). 

Spiral Dynamics is a useful tool to help you develop a more and more Enlightened Ego.  Living with an Enlightened Ego is like living with a healthy body.  Nobody forces you to live with a healthy body, but it’s much better to live with a more healthy body rather than a less healthy body.  Spiral Dynamics is like food for creating a healthy Ego.  Healthy body, healthy Ego.  It’s interesting that our views of Ego are so warped that saying “healthy Ego” seems like an oxymoron rather than a virtue.

good answer

Edited by lmfao

There is a lot more that determines the health of an Ego than just Spiral Dynamics. You can have a perfectly healthy Ego and be any stage on the spiral. Spiral Dynamics is just one variable out of many.

Spiral Dynamics is more about motivations. What is the best kind of life? The answer differs depending on the stage.

I say the best kind of life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!

Edited by Genghis Khan

42 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Consciousness doesn't increase or decrease.

The game of life is all about aligning with certain beliefs, values, actions and perspectives that produce less and less amount of friction down the line. In other words, making one's dream smoother and smoother. The project never ends though.

Yes it does,

How could my spiritual ego can feel better if it isn't the case ?
Are you saying I'm equal to everyone else ?

This is green propaganda, trying to put everyone on the same plate !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Yes it does,

How could my spiritual ego can feel better if it isn't the case ?
Are you saying I'm equal to everyone else ?

This is green propaganda, trying to put everyone on the same plate !

xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

So explain to me guys,

How does it feels to know that the teacher you were a fanboy of is dead ?

You thought you weren't identified to a teacher, but when he dies it's a whole different story right ? ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

So explain to me guys,

You thought you weren't identified to a teacher, but when he dies it's a whole different story right ? ?

I miss the pixels on the screen already... he was so flat... and 3d...:(

Dont look at me! Look inside!

34 minutes ago, Shin said:

So explain to me guys,

it’s quite interesting isn’t it - and how the teachings die every minute because the scholars won’t die a single death. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

it’s quite interesting isn’t it - and how the teachings die every minute because the scholars won’t die a single death. :ph34r:

where is leo?

Just now, theking00 said:

where is leo?

Hes been lookign for himself for years and now even we cant find him... smh

Dont look at me! Look inside!