Tony 845

What's the best method or one that I don't know about for enlightenment?

28 posts in this topic

Self inquiry?

krya yoga?

sds sits?

mantra meditation?

are there others????

There is no best method to attain enlightenment. You chose whatever method you prefer. For me personally the method that has been most effektiv for me is self inquiry, but you can also attain enlightenment with other methods as well. Just chose one and stick with. 

Breath Meditation, do nothing. Other things are tools and additionals to Breath. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Self-Inquiry taught by Rupert Spira. Very simple, no fluff, just you looking at what you are.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Tony 845 There's no "best" method, as your best method is to try all methods and tools. Psychedelics are the main tool that you left out above, but they are not shortcuts or means to an end.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Breath Meditation, do nothing. Other things are tools and additionals to Breath. 

I'm a little confused in finding a nice balance between the two. I mean between breath meditation and do-nothing. As far as I "understand" so far, breath meditation always includes attention. Attention is always something that moves away from what is. It also naturally feels best for me to "do" do-nothing. 

I always start with 5-10 minutes breath meditation for increased clarity and focus and then drop all internal movement. What's your opinion on that? I also try to implement self inquiry more again. 

3 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I'm a little confused in finding a nice balance between the two. I mean between breath meditation and do-nothing. As far as I "understand" so far, breath meditation always includes attention. Attention is always something that moves away from what is. It also naturally feels best for me to "do" do-nothing. 

I always start with 5-10 minutes breath meditation for increased clarity and focus and then drop all internal movement. What's your opinion on that? I also try to implement self inquiry more again. 

I only do Meditation, focus on breath, usually more than 10h a day. 

After mastering breath you can channel the breath to raise kundalini and have a constant flow of DMT in the system, so it translates in a constant state of bliss without feeling tired. This is my experience of everyday life. So I can work, play, whatever while I'm still meditating, is a way of life now. 

So in my experience, focussing all the attention on my breath, the awareness of the surroundings skyrockets, so i'm able to do stuff with a more clear mind that without meditation, and the ability to multi-task is incredible. 

@TheAvatarState how many people have legit become enlightened through pschadellics??? The only that I've heard of is the guy that Leo did an interview on about 5MEO other then him who else???

@Tony 845 that dude, Martin Ball, is the only person I know of for sure. It's really rare. But, uh, you're missing the point of psychedelics. They've personally been the greatest tool I've ever used (or will use) for personal development. 

Sent from my iEgo

19 minutes ago, Tistepiste said:

@Hellspeed what are you pursuing in life?

I stopped pursuing something in life. Is a reality for me. 

Psychedelics.  LSD, Mushrooms, Changa (DMT blend), Salvia, etc.  all the other stuff is great, but psychedelics take things to an entirely different level.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

23 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

are there others????

Innumerable.

The best is the one that meets your circumstances in a given time-space. Since time and location continually change the best methods may change as well. When all times and locations have become equal then one method might do.

Edited by ground

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

2 hours ago, ground said:

Innumerable.

The best is the one that meets your circumstances in a given time-space. Since time and location continually change the best methods may change as well. When all times and locations have become equal then one method might do.

However often some preliminary practices are useful to somehow 'mature' the mind as a prerequisite for advanced practices to have effects. The traditions I know all have such preliminary practices. E.g. ethical conduct is said to be necessary and patience, or joyous perseverance or humility.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@TheAvatarState  I'm not trying to bash tripping on shit, but there have literally been thousands of people who HAVE become enlightened without LSD & 5MEO or whatever Subsatnce you are willing to try, so why should i if there if there has only been 1 comfirmed case? Then again there are different degrees to enlightenment, so it's hard to tell, guys like baba ram das & Leo I believe they  are enlightened to a certain degree, just not at the deepest levels one can attain, JMO...the only good thing from an outsider looking in (I've never tried them) is they can speed up the process.. to higher levels of consciousness.

Edited by Tony 845

@Tony 845 is enlightenment your only metric for living a good life?

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState like Leo has said, it should be one of the most important things in you're life, if you are trying to attain it or become aware of It. I believe I am at an early stage of awakening myself, like a very early stage, my kundalini energy roars all day long. Maybe a stage 4/5 on the ox tail..."I" still have a lot of work to do..

Edited by Tony 845