Consept

The World is a mess

11 posts in this topic

If we accept that basically everyone is living an illusion, most times actively living an illusion or seeking new illusions, then the world from an objective point of view is a complete mess. Now I know an enlightened view is that everything is as it should be and I agree with that, as I'm aware this is a necessary stage in human development. But honestly what a strange time to be alive, everyone (including myself) is literally deluded and crazy lol. 

Even those making laws, those in control of masses of people. We live thinking that there's salvation for us if only we can find the right relationship or job, even though there's hard evidence this doesn't work. They call it hope or human spirit, delusion is celebrated. We live in a world where truth is frowned upon, where convenient ideas are raised up to keep everyone placated, those who know some of the workings exploit others that don't. 

I don't know sometimes I just see the insanity of it all and when you try to tell people (I gave this up long ago) you yourself look kind of crazy within the context, or at best someone might say 'hmm interesting thought'. 

What gives me hope (yes irony) though is communities like this, where even if we are still deluded to some extent, we are actively attempting to look over the fence and see what is really there. The fact that Leo has so many subscribers and that if I see someone like Mooji I'm joined by many others. 

When has it not been a mess?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I see these days you’ve regressed back to YELLOW. What happened to TURQUOISE? In TURQUOISE level, the world is never a mess.

I heard a lot of spiritual teachers saying that they wouldn’t fight back to some army that invades their country, because all the bad stuff they think will happen as a result is just a story of the mind, and not true. How is it possible to fight back to some army peacefully? I can’t see how.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The world is a beautiful mess. To love, not to hate.

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Isn't the world being a mess just relative?  Mess compared to what?  How society could be?  We may always be a mess compared to future societies and advanced compared to those in the past, I feel like trying to objectively label now as a mess is a pointless, one day turquoise individuals may be what's holding society back 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@How to be wise I went to a zen teacher and said, "everything is perfect." She responded with, "that's a bunch of zen bullshit." 

Middle ground is key. Because we have extremely unenlightened dangerous people, and extremely enlightened people who are already liberated. To have peace & all being enlightened is ideal. But that's not how things are. Because there is the other extreme?

How do we actually handle those extreme end if the gaps are too far apart?

Maybe everything is already perfect~ who knows.

What's most important is that we became 100% enlightened first. Not something in between. Or else it will be total chaos. 

In this "illusion" haha

Btw, this does not only applies in enlightenment work, but also safety. If you come from the developed side, make sure that you are developed enough to know how to handle those on the other extreme end. Awareness is key. ❤ 

But not to the extreme either that you cannot enjoy the beauty of life...

Edited by Angelite

@ivory Well, she should call herself something else. She’s ruining the image of zen.

Zen teachers who have never done zen. I see women these days teaching all sorts of meditation that they have never practiced in their entire lives. 

It’s best not to look up to such people.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 hours ago, How to be wise said:

How is it possible to fight back to some army peacefully?

By not being an opponent that is worth conquering.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The World is a mess. What a perfect setting for us, who wish to return home! 

If everything was perfect, there would be no journey. 

Edited by St Clair