Tony 845

If you had one Enlightened person to hang out with for a day

25 posts in this topic

That's In the main streem Who would it be?

honeslty I think I'd pick Adyashanti, seems chill as fuck & very knowledgeable. 

Edited by Tony 845

I'd pick no one. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Hellspeed ? You're already enlightened doesn't count! 

Edited by Tony 845

Your probably not going to get a ton of replies to this because most of us here so I've noticed are enlightened.  

So.. Myself?  I'm not trying to be arrogant but once you reach a certain level you no longer look up to anyone else... Not because you are better but because you are conscious. 

Your Conscious that there is no one else but yourself.  So umm... 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Leo Gura. Just because he's so involved in his work, studying, and teaching people about so many facets of personal development, I think he would have so much to offer besides just meditating and talking about enlightenment. He's a lot closer to my age, he's sharp, and still on the upward spiral. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like some old enlightened masters would recognize that the only true thing to talk about is "present moment" "focus" "practice" "what is there to know?" "There is no I" and then give you a bunch of fucking Koans to meditate on. In adopting the groundless nothingness, you probably lose a lot of friendliness and relatability. If I'm going to spend the day with an enlightened person, I'd want him/her to be more relatable, still working through some things, be "real," and working on their life purpose. That's just my two cents :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState Why you assume a enlightened person would give you Koans while hanging out with you ? Remember that the enlightened ones are not what you see in his teachings videos , maybe in ''real'' life they are so ordinary that you would never guess they are enlightned to begin with 

@tecladocasio It was more of a joke lol. I'm sure I would get a lot out of spending the day with any enlightened person. As far as I know, I haven't met any yet.

Sent from my iEgo

@tecladocasio yes... Those at the highest levels can live completely ordinary lives... They don't necessarily have to but they might.  In fact they probably will be much more on the simpler and more minimalist side than to the contrary. 

That said that doesn't mean they aren't aware of everything and can't mentor another person.. It all depends on whether or not that's something that they desire to do. 

Alternatively some people although deeply enlightened may not have the consciousness to actually teach.  It's actually something they haven't developed yet. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

The funny thing is you may have met one or several enlightened people and not even known it. Thats how ordinary it is... don't put enlightenment on a pedestal, after all its the simplest form of existence there is. Pure consciousness doesn't care about presenting it self as a "special someone" who needs to show off its knowledge. Its simply being itself, as it should be, and has no need to be anything because some outside influence says it should be.  

In this "work", one of the most difficult illusions that people need to break out of is that everything in the universe is not of equal value. This means are no unconscious beings, consciousness beings, enlightened beings, stage blue beings, stage green beings etc. It is all ONE thing.. I am sure all your "spiral wizards" or "turquoise beings" might be a bit disappointed to hear that but thats reality and you need to accept it, sooner or later. It's not rocket science people

Edited by SBB4746

I already hang out with the ones I'm interested in. I could only pick "dead" ones like Nisargadatta or Ramana or Papaji. But also here, you can meet them in silence.

I don't think I would want to hang out with any.  They're not any different than ordinary people.  What they have you can't see anyway, even if you met them. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@SBB4746   nailed! 

Funny thing is pure consciousness has to be so rare that it might be 1 in a billion people.  Even the most enlightened people still have shit lingering somewhere.  

So you would never actually know if you met the guy.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@TheAvatarState I wasn't thinking Leo as well I'm a 32 year old male living in America & if it wasn't for him my life would be ruined at this point, only thing I'm not all board with is the whole psycadellic thing at this point, but ya never know what my future may hold, maybe after my kids are out of the house...?‍♂️

6 hours ago, SBB4746 said:

The funny thing is you may have met one or several enlightened people and not even known it. Thats how ordinary it is... don't put enlightenment on a pedestal, after all its the simplest form of existence there is. Pure consciousness doesn't care about presenting it self as a "special someone" who needs to show off its knowledge. Its simply being itself, as it should be, and has no need to be anything because some outside influence says it should be.  

In this "work", one of the most difficult illusions that people need to break out of is that everything in the universe is not of equal value. This means are no unconscious beings, consciousness beings, enlightened beings, stage blue beings, stage green beings etc. It is all ONE thing.. I am sure all your "spiral wizards" or "turquoise beings" might be a bit disappointed to hear that but thats reality and you need to accept it, sooner or later. It's not rocket science people

??

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, SBB4746 said:

Eh, I m pretty certain I haven't met an enlightened person yet. In passing on the street? Probably. Actually talking to them? 99% sure I haven't. Just being real here...

The META understanding that we should all have is that we are all one. Yes. Love everyone equally. But that's not practical or helpful in every day life. In fact, it's detrimental. You're thinking like a green idealist who tries to help everyone equally, and then wondering why your aid in Africa isn't working like you hoped. The fact is that different people at different stages egoicly react to policies or information in different ways. You have to be nuanced to be effective. It turns out you actually have to talk differently to a stage blue person than with a green person, or you're going to alienate them!

@Tony 845 uh, you're sitting at the precipice of the greatest spiritual growth you've ever had. You're sitting on the gold mine to end all gold mines. I hope you're open-minded enough to cash in... :)

Sent from my iEgo