SageModeAustin

how do i know which personality is authentic?

13 posts in this topic

there is so many different ideas of me and my personality that i don't know which one is actually authentic

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@SoonHei Maybe when you are completely present you are being authentic

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

The authentic parts of your personality require zero effort to uphold. An inauthentic motive leads to struggle. You've heard the term "try-hard"? If you feel yourself trying hard (struggling) it is often because your motives must be examined.

@ivory good point.

You will know when you will be able to control your reptilian bran. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

When I act in a way that is not need-based it feels geniune. For example, if I give a compliment to someone with no inner motivation for attention, people-pleasing, validation, looking good, get a date etc, It arises from simply appreciation and it feels authentic 

@Aquarius “just be more assertive.” Why? How is that authentic 

14 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

there is so many different ideas of me and my personality that i don't know which one is actually authentic

Neither one is authentic. This "I" which you have taken to be your "self" is an illusion. 

Personalities in of themselves aren't authentic. Asking what personality is really authentic to me is like asking what style of clothes is authentic for me.

Once you spend a lot of time journaling, talking to yourself, meditating, examining yourself and creating, the answer will be clear.