lmfao

Is conscience and empathy a malleable thing?

31 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2018 at 2:32 AM, lmfao said:

It makes me wonder what exactly "empathy" and "conscience" is

What’s the distinction, or the way, from “self realization” to Self Realization? 

59 minutes ago, Equanimitize said:

@Wyze Makes sense to me, thank you. Do you think psychopaths have the capability to become pro-social? Or do we not have the technology to do this yet? 

This has been possible for thousands of years. Culture has a long way to go is all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I've always wondered just how much mass culture plays out in the anti-social vs pro-social dynamics. If the gene for psychopathy exists, just how much of the behaviour is from the environment.

Theres another category, the narcissists; then we also have PTSD, CPTSD and inter-generational trauma; We also have ALOT of misdiagnosed and under diagnosed people on the autistic spectrum. All of these can be mistaken for psychopath due to "lack of empathy".

@Wyze    Interesting. I’d say none of the behavior is caused by the environment, which is not to say behavioral habits were not learned. None of the ‘disorders’ are caused by genes, which is not to say genetic research is not useful, or critical. Every diagnosis is a misdiagnosis, every separation takes away from the entirety.

The environment, behavior, & genes themselves are puzzling on & off mysteries, Dualistically, any of them can appear to be the ‘cause’, but focus on the cause misses the whole - the experience, the person, the root. The diagnosing, prescriptions, counseling, therapy, -  it all seems surface level & inefficient, never approaching the root or the whole. 

What if the intention & practice instead was for a staff of qualified people to assist one in the entire spectrum of self discovery, through one’s own direct experience, putting the arsenal of resources - technology, research, expertise, psychedelics - all at that same one’s disposal?  Not attempting to resolve the past, not distracted by any potential future, just well trained people helping one person to see what they really are, what this now is, and just how unbelievably ok it actually is. I tend to think everyone involved would love their days so much, that at some point the entire practice would no longer be needed. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:14 AM, Nahm said:
On 12/3/2018 at 9:14 AM, Equanimitize said:

This has been possible for thousands of years. Culture has a long way to go is all. 

I love your intentional foresight into this, as it is very positive. I just don’t know if it is the case for a Psychopath to realize the Truth, I remember Sadghuru saying that basically the majority can reach enlightenment while only 5% (I don’t know if this number is accurate) cannot. 

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

What if the intention & practice instead was for a staff of qualified people to assist one in the entire spectrum of self discovery, through one’s own direct experience, putting the arsenal of resources - technology, research, expertise, psychedelics - all at that same one’s disposal?

This is awesome and makes sense to me, obviously our society is no where close to this as I see it. But, the question remains if the psychopath doesn’t even realize he is the Lion eating other cubs, how would you convince him that he is. How would we get these people so that they can even begin to see their destroying themselves and others. A lot of times, these people are such at a low consciousness level that they can’t even get a glimpse of truth. The only answer is to raise ones own consciousness so that it can ripple into humanity and change the trajectory of human evolution. 

Is conscience and empathy a malleable thing?

Yes. But I don't think you can actively grow additional empathy, as I think empathy is related to mirror neurons in the Brain, and aid with social learning, would be like growing another arm or leg. Can only hammer what you have, forging it.

@RichardY I think so too...  psychopaths have a fixed level of empathy, so I'm assuming that this applies to everyone

@Equanimitize Everyone is already the one, psychopaths too. No?  I imagine those 5% gathered in a 5meo lab, and @Leo Gura finding out!! 

I could not convince him/her.     But the “lion” could see there’s no lion & cubs, just God. 

12 minutes ago, Equanimitize said:

How would we get these people so that they can even begin to see their destroying themselves and others.

11 minutes ago, Equanimitize said:

a staff of qualified people to assist one in the entire spectrum of self discovery

13 minutes ago, Equanimitize said:

The only answer is to raise ones own consciousness so that it can ripple into humanity and change the trajectory of human evolution

So far, yes 100% ??. ....But maybe.....

I can attest that 8g’s of shroom tea will “rewire” a brain, and that’s just some idiot in his backyard. ?

16 hours ago, Wyze said:

I've always wondered just how much mass culture plays out in the anti-social vs pro-social dynamics. If the gene for psychopathy exists, just how much of the behaviour is from the environment.

Theres another category, the narcissists; then we also have PTSD, CPTSD and inter-generational trauma; We also have ALOT of misdiagnosed and under diagnosed people on the autistic spectrum. All of these can be mistaken for psychopath due to "lack of empathy".

Most psychopathic conditions are an interplay between networks of gene activity and environment (from a holistic perspective, their would be no separation from the individual and environment).

For example, schizophrenia is thought to involve dozens of genes - each of those gene products interacts with many other gene products and cellular components - which in turn are influenced by the environmental input. Current estimates is about 2/3 of the risk is genetic and 1/3 environmental. Yet, we are talking about quadrillions of inputs which is beyond what a human mind can conceptualize - it's even beyond what a group of human minds can contemplate. It will be A.I. that takes us to the next level. Already, groups are creating A.I. to anaylze and interpret hundreds of thousands of data points from thousands of research projects is dozens of different cell types.

In contrast, there are also single gene traits which are not influenced by the environment - such as cystic fibrosis, huntington disease and sickle cell. If a person has nonfunctional alleles of the gene, they will get the disease.

25 minutes ago, thehero said:

@RichardY I think so too...  psychopaths have a fixed level of empathy, so I'm assuming that this applies to everyone

I think also important is how empathy is dealt with. Personally I think a Psychopath projects into the world, so will tend to be an empiricist and extroverted, what I mean by that, for instance, is how someone who regularly goes to the gym unprompted, exerts his or her self against the World(social), in a tangible way.

Might be like how large land owners or CEO's of high turnover companies might be psychopaths to be able to handle the vast sums of money and resources involved and not blink an eye. Psychopaths are supposedly highly conscientious, which has a social element to it. I suppose while having empathy and appearing normal to most, there is a disconnect somewhere, Werewolves. Have an Ego in the mediating sense, but overcome it, not eliminating or integrating it.

While I think having no empathy, is impossible to be born without. It might be possible to approach to having no empathy. Perhaps might be like vampires, no mirror neurons, no reflection, not projecting into the world.

@lmfao Isn't it possible for a Stage Orange person to commit a sin? sure. it's just done in a different way, instead of murder it may be money laundering.