Ampresus

What is the point?

16 posts in this topic

I don't understand this. Today at school I realized that nothing mattered. All the moments I lived in, the teachings, the girl in front of me. All didn't matter. Why would it matter? Really? It is not like I will remember any of it when I am 20. It doesn't have a point, but that moment at the same time was so funny that I just laughed at it. So pointless and so beautiful. 

Can anyone explain this to me? 

@Ampresus If you can laugh about it, then that's perfect! Needs no explanation, it was funny right? Don't try and overcomplicate anything - life is funny and beautiful as it is!xD

Edited by EvilAngel

15 hours ago, Ampresus said:

I don't understand this. Today at school I realized that nothing mattered. All the moments I lived in, the teachings, the girl in front of me. All didn't matter. Why would it matter? Really? It is not like I will remember any of it when I am 20. It doesn't have a point, but that moment at the same time was so funny that I just laughed at it. So pointless and so beautiful. 

I don't understand this

The problem is right there starts with it. Yes. Sorry to tell you It's all again about the "YOU". Yes it is blocked by intellectual minds and has given as that answer thousand of times. I I I, who are you who types this etc. yes? You're sick of it right? But if you really want an answer, go meditate for 2 hours eyes-closed-self-inquiring-properly and see it for yourself.  Till your self-identity melt away, you don't and won't make sense any of this. Because you're asking questions implying no-self but standing at a place where a self GENERATES questions.

8 hours ago, non_nothing said:

The problem is right there starts with it. Yes. Sorry to tell you It's all again about the "YOU". Yes it is blocked by intellectual minds and has given as that answer thousand of times. I I I, who are you who types this etc. yes? You're sick of it right? But if you really want an answer, go meditate for 2 hours eyes-closed-self-inquiring-properly and see it for yourself.  Till your self-identity melt away, you don't and won't make sense any of this. Because you're asking questions implying no-self but standing at a place where a self GENERATES questions.

@non_nothing I am glad that I am atleast going the right way on my journey.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, EvilAngel said:

@Ampresus If you can laugh about it, then that's perfect! Needs no explanation, it was funny right? Don't try and overcomplicate anything - life is funny and beautiful as it is!xD

If life is meaningless then it's not funny or beautiful. Those are values. Everything within reality is information.

8 hours ago, Roman Edouard said:

If life is meaningless then it's not funny or beautiful. Those are values. Everything within reality is information.

@Roman Edouard I thought that trying to use logic with enlightenment (what you are doing here) is everything BUT reaching enlightenment. I personally am not enlightened and therefore won't argue with you. I suggest you do the same. 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

A surprising change in perspective, like a punchline, and the relief of laughter. It is very funny isn’t it?

@Nahm I can laugh about it all day. I also realized that everybody takes life too serious. If life doesn't have a point, you shouldn't take it serious if you aren't giving it a purpose yourself. This made me more laugh, because everybody in my class (including my teacher) was exactly doing that. Taking one class way to seriously. 

The girl looked behind at me and thought I was crazy. Same for my friend next to me and her gf next to her. 

On 22.11.2018 at 7:54 PM, Ampresus said:

Why does it matter that nothing matters?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Nothing matters if you do not put idea behind it to matter. 

Nothing matters can be perceived from many perspectives which will make its meaning completely different . 

Try to understand it.