UDT

Green to Yellow

23 posts in this topic

Hey Maslow pyramid crawlers,

Any resources to integrate yellow?

I lived through green, now I party like green but  re-organize my Journal and create systems for further development like yellow.

Nah jokes aside,

I am at this point where I need novelty, feel stuck, I have tier 2 thinking long time already, but instead of merely valueing excellence, I want to become a master. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

I would also like to know this.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

@UDT Start by reading "The Tao of Systems Thinking" and studying Spiral Dynamics (read the original book + re-watch Leo's vids on Spiral D.).

Basically what you really wanna do is "zoom out" and get higher/more holistic/more integral perspectives on how the world works. Try to see the systems in everything. 

8 hours ago, UDT said:

Any resources to integrate yellow?

Wait, have you tried watching Leo's vid on stage Yellow and studying the humans he provided as Yellow examples??? Or maybe yesterday's video???

I keep forgetting that most folk aren't here for growth... 

Edited by 111111

Once one is centered in Tier2, they are essentially free of ideology and attachment to beliefs. A whole new world opens up to explore. Most of my Yellow level insights have come through learning about different perspectives and self exploration. For example, integrating different perspectives into a more holistic perspective. For example, many people put science, art and spirituality into different categories. Yet, how can we connect the dots? What is the science within spirituality? What is the art within science and the science with art?

My favorite Yellow-level thinker was Leonardo Da Vinci. There is a wonderful book called "How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci" which essentially describes a Yellow mindset. For example, it addresses what is intelligence? What is genius? What is creativity? How are these inter-related?  

Leonardo was not a genius in several different categories. He was a genius in one category that integrated what others percieved as separate categories. A hallmark of a Yellow level thinker.

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Serotoninluv Is the book complex to read? Sounds right up my street. 

It is written at the level of someone transitioning to Yellow. There were lots of times I paused and thought "Whoa, I never thought about it like that."

The book has a lot of Da Vinci's mode of thinking/being. Yet, it also had a lot about the essence of the Renaissance, Da Vinci's personal life and history. I liked that stuff too, yet at times I wanted more pure Yellow level action.

10 hours ago, 111111 said:

@UDT Start by reading "The Tao of Systems Thinking" and studying Spiral Dynamics (read the original book + re-watch Leo's vids on Spiral D.).

Basically what you really wanna do is "zoom out" and get higher/more holistic/more integral perspectives on how the world works. Try to see the systems in everything. 

Wait, have you tried watching Leo's vid on stage Yellow and studying the humans he provided as Yellow examples??? Or maybe yesterday's video???

I keep forgetting that most folk aren't here for growth... 

I'm here to inflate my ego. If I actually wanted to grow then I would meditate for four hours a day. It would actually be a blessing to be banned from this forum (though it would hurt my feelings in the short-term).

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

@Serotoninluv  Fair enough. Thanks for your honest review. I'm currently balls deep (lol) into The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira so once I've finished that I'll definitely take a look :)

Thanking you

Edited by Charlotte

4 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Serotoninluv  Fair enough. Thanks for your honest review. I'm currently balls deep (lol) into The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira so once I've finished that I'll definitely take a look :)

Thanking you

Oooh. . . Turquoise-Yellow food for the spirit. How tasty :)

38 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Unfortunately, Yellow doesn't sell very well.

It's much easier and more profitable to sell get-rich-quick schemes, ideology and dogma.

Yep. As well, I see some capitalism creeping into Green. Fancy yoga mats and outfits, crystals, wheatgrass shots, meditation apps, jewelry, a Prius, Berkenstock sandles etc. It can all be part of a Green Identity. 

Yet, one can't buy or sell a Yellow mindset and mode of being. It is beyond self identity and involves years of work, practice and direct experience that can't be bought or sold.

2 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Serotoninluv Its sooooo good. @Preetom recommended it to me and it isn't disappointing :x

Glad you find it resonating with you

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I'm very interested in learning about Leonardo Da Vinci more closely, and am looking for book recommendations.
I found there's already one in this thread, but I had read a good review on another written by Walter Isaacson.

Has anybody read that one? Any other recommendations?

Edited by Mondsee

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

On 11/19/2018 at 7:22 AM, 111111 said:

Update: 

Man what a ride. Im changing like crazy. Thanks for the advice given, "You wanna zoom out" is exactly what it is. See the systems in the world.

Basically 2 Words of Advice I can give right now. (Perspective you speaking to yourself)

1. You have no idea what your potential is.

2. Don´t question me, Don´t write it down, Just do it.

3. Have fun

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@UDT Yes indeed. Just wait until the default state of mind is nonlinear, interconnected systemic . People begin asking you “Can you please try to make sense?”. ?

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

People begin asking you “Can you please try to make sense?”. ?

Me : No I can't everything is true and false at the same time ! ?

People : but...

Me : Yes you're right. And also wrong.

People : ...

@Charlotte how is that book? I've been thinking about getting it :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo