Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manjushri

If fear leads to anger, anger is the fear of what?

39 posts in this topic

I feel anger often. Tried inquiring - it's fear of accepting what is? Why are we angry? 

9 minutes ago, Gligorije said:

I feel anger often. Tried inquiring - it's fear of accepting what is? Why are we angry? 

Anger can be seen as a reaction to fear(resistance to what is). This anger/fear in resistance to itself imples that the “me” has the notion of itself as being separate from what “it” feels/thinks. 

This seems to be why fear/anger arises in the first place. Through the “divison” between the experiencer and the experience. Without that supposed divison thought to as being true there is no fear/anger. In the seeing that the experiencer is the experience actually as a fact that fear/anger ends. 

Check it out for yourself though dude?

Edited by Jack River

Fear is the illusion of separation which brings about the illusion of lack, scarcity

When you feel you lack safety, respect, or resources, acceptance you can get scared and anxious or angry (still scared!)

You can get angry because you do not understand why something is taking place, lack of understanding stems from the illusion of separation, you cannot understand what you believe to be separate from you

If you are not scared, you will not get angry

I feel anger is a more healthier emotion then anxiety when it comes to being scared

It is a sacred emotion that can help you move forward

It might seem counter-intiutive but the best thing is not assign a reason to your anger

If you place your anger on a person or an event inside reality you repeat what made you angry in the first place, the illusion of separation, putting your focus on a person on an event inside reality, training yourself to keep working from inside reality instead of harmonizing with the whole of reality

What is it like to feel anger without trying to direct it to something? What is it like to have Anger that has nowhere to go? What is it like to let your reality boiling as anger? No outlet, no direction, just boiling.. Pure experience of anger, without a target

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

It takes two “things” (subject/object) in opposition to cause conflict(anger/fear). Is there actually two “things” in opposition?, or...

@Gligorije Anger and fear are different.

Anger is often a smokescreen to mask the true emotion: hurt. The ego hates to admit it is vulnerable, so it likes to act macho when it is hurt by acting angry.

Anger is always about something that happened to you in the past. Hurt exists in the past.

Fear is about worry of something bad happening in the future.

Angry people are usually just hurt people who are in denial about it.

The solution is to investigate the hurt. Give yourself the love that others never gave you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So true. I have personally managed to relinquish my anger in more recent times. I am not affected by my upstairs neighbours anymore for example. 

Do you think one person can 'make' another angry? or is it the responsibility of the angry person? or does one just 'bring out' the anger in another?or is it different in each situation? I tend to think that no person can actually 'make' another angry, they just 'bring it out' of someone who is already suffering.

Anger is a secondary emotion

Anger on itself it doesn't really exist. It always follows after another emotion/sensation like fear, anxiety, pain, regret, hunger, danger, etc. 

It is really the "fight" component of the "fight or flight" mechanism that is experienced after experiencing a negative emotion/sensation. 

Edited by SFRL

Anger and fear are both different and the same when seen as movement/continuity of the self. All of it is in association to one another. All distinctions of thought content /emotions or the experience/experiencer are actually one unit of movement in time/thought. 

They are different relatively, as in “things” of thought, but as a whole are one movement of time in resistance/reaction to what is. Thought seems to separate and makes distinctions out of what is whole. 

18 minutes ago, SFRL said:

Anger is a secondary emotion

Is the cause the effect or the effect the cause? Does an emotion come first or does the thought come first? 

Edited by Jack River

To meet the complexity of thought from the standpoint that such “things” are separate is to meet the dynamic happening in a very difficult manner. 

Instead can there be a meeting/approach to the “dynamic now” simply? As in can we approach the dynamic with an awareness of movement/time in motion? 

It can be a most excellent approach to awareness:)

Edited by Jack River

45 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Is the cause the effect or the effect the cause? Does an emotion come first or does the thought come first? 

Anger is really just there to ramp the person up to the act of aggression. 

I am rather sure anger is an emotion triggered by the reptilian brain. 

Agression is the actual "Fight" in "Fight or Friday". 

Once in in the act of agression you are really just left with the act. In the act of agression there is not a whole lot of anger or tought. Rather still mind and flow state. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Gligorije Anger and fear are different.

Anger is often a smokescreen to mask the true emotion: hurt. The ego hates to admit it is vulnerable, so it likes to act macho when it is hurt by acting angry.

Anger is always about something that happened to you in the past. Hurt exists in the past.

Fear is about worry of something bad happening in the future.

Angry people are usually just hurt people who are in denial about it.

The solution is to investigate the hurt. Give yourself the love that others never gave you.

Write your book mate!!!

52 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Anger and fear are both different and the same when seen as movement/continuity of the self. All of it is in association to one another. All distinctions of thought content /emotions or the experience/experiencer are actually one unit of movement in time/thought. 

They are different relatively, as in “things” of thought, but as a whole are one movement of time in resistance/reaction to what is. Thought seems to separate and makes distinctions out of what is whole. 

Indeed. Thought by its nature separates/labels/distinguishes/categorizes/defines, but it's ultimately a single, unitary movement of self/thought/resistance-to-what-is.

There can arrive a quality of attention where the distinctions made between fear and anger dissipate, and it's made aware that these emotions are just a unitary self-feeding loop of movement away from what-is.

4 hours ago, Jack River said:

This seems to be why fear/anger arises in the first place. Through the “divison” between the experiencer and the experience. Without that supposed divison thought to as being true there is no fear/anger.

Bingo.  Thought breeds this division, and the division breeds more thought (such as in the form of fear/anger).   Cause is effect is cause, in a self-feeding loop.

Ego/mind/thought is so sneaky and self-deceptive, it conjures a false division between "I" and "fear"/"anger". A division that serves to both empower-sustain the "I" and the "fear"/"anger", and by reinforcing them, allows the survival of ego mind.

Ego mind runs on this division/apparent self. It's the lifeblood of thought/thinking.

Edited by robdl

52 minutes ago, robdl said:

There can arrive a quality of attention where the distinctions made between fear and anger dissipate, and it's made aware that these emotions are just a unitary self-feeding loop of movement away from what-is.

Takes awareness to another level dude.:)

10 minutes ago, robdl said:

Ego/mind/thought is so sneaky and self-deceptive, it conjures a false division between "I" and "fear"/"anger". A division that serves to both empower-sustain the "I" and the "fear"/"anger", and by reinforcing them, allows the survival of ego mind.

Ego mind runs on this division/apparent self. It's the lifeblood of thought/thinking.

It’s a monstrous insight. An insight that is truly whole/total. And it’s surprisingly not discussed here on the forum. When I first encountered it, as you know, it was very foreign to me, but once I saw the whole of it there was an explosion of understanding/seeing. It was and is gnarly as hell dude?

Edited by Jack River

2 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

Do you think one person can 'make' another angry?

Anger is definitely something your mind is actively doing. And you can learn to become conscious enough that it stops happening.

Anger is a self-manipulation. It's a survival mechanism of the ego. Ego uses anger to get its needs met. But there are much healthier, more conscious ways to meet those same needs. In the same way that as an adult you don't need to yell and scream to get your food needs met -- the way you did as a child.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You have inner pain, physical pain in the core. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

One time when I was about become really angry/annoyed with my father a huge shock of awareness just pummeled my body and I became mindful of my anger and it stopped... supercool...:o felt like a bolt out of the blue

or should i say my higher self gave me a bitchslap. :P

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!