Rilles

Im Confused

73 posts in this topic

Is there a perceiver or not? I just did some self-inquiry and it seems I cant get over the perceiver hump, it feels like there is a invisible perceiver in my skull but I know logically that there isnt... but yet... it feels like its there...?!?!?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Yes there is: Consciousness/Awareness.

Just need to find it.

But you cant find what is searching!!! o.OxD

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

When you are enlightened you have found it.

That's what I have heard.. I think. I'm not enlightened.

682148A5-B2C8-4D30-B6FA-FFE7B6EFF5C8.jpeg

There is no perceiver. The perceiver would be the ego or sense of self or "you", which does not exist.

Perceptions exist in an empty vacuum or void. This void is the "True Self" or God. This void is not seperate from the perceptions themselves. Perception ARE the void! Which is just another way of saying that perceptions happen to no one.

God is no one.

The feeling that there is a perciever is the chief delusion that must be deconstructed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura wouldn't it be more accurate to say that. Yes there is a perceiver but perceiver is not a thing. It's not physical. Nonetheless, it exists.

What do you think?

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no perceiver. The perceiver would be the ego or sense of self or "you", which does not exist.

Perceptions exist in an empty vacuum or void. This void is the "True Self" or God. This void is not seperate from the perceptions themselves. Perception ARE the void! Which is just another way of saying that perceptions happen to no one.

God is no one.

Wow, thanks... now I can keep on carrying on! B| with inquiry...

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

So why can't you say that the Void/True Self/God/Nothingness is the perceiver? (It perceives itSelf.)

That's my same question here.

This no-thingness has an intelligence of it's own. And this no-thingness can perceive apparently

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So why can't you say that the Void/True Self/God/Nothingness is the perceiver? (It perceives itSelf.)

You can!

It's like I'm saying the glass is half empty and you are saying, "But why can't we say it's half full?"

Yes, you can. It amounts to exactly the same thing.

It's both. Anything said about nonduality will always be a half truth because all language is dualistic.

No self = The Self

Just understand that The Self is NOT ego, not the biological creature you always assumed you were.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Is there a perceiver or not? I just did some self-inquiry and it seems I cant get over the perceiver hump, it feels like there is a invisible perceiver in my skull but I know logically that there isnt... but yet... it feels like its there...?!?!?

Go on, it gets fun after that xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Leo Gura how is there no perceiver? i mean if you talk about active perceiver(there is noone) there is a fixed perceiver who is aware of everything and thats you...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Alrighty. . . so when 5-meo took me to the null void - all distinctions gradually dissolved and there was absolute nothing. There was no perceiver and nothing to be perceived. Then, the first distinction appeared and there was awareness of it. Yet, this awareness was prior to a "self". Gradually, more and more distinctions arose. . . a  basic shape, a color. As more distinctions gradually arose, it took a long time until the first symbols, words and concepts appeared. And a very long time until a self arose. Once the self arose, there was a different feel to the awareness. So different I'd rather not use the same word for it.

Based on this direct experience, there is a knowing of perception prior to words, concepts, and a self. Yet in that null void, nothing existed. I know I'm conceptualizing here, but. . . it seemed one could group it into three stages: 1. Nothing ; 2. prior-self awareness ; 3. Self-based awareness. Reflecting back on it, I could make a distinctive "essence" to each stage. There was like a pivot point to each stage.

So, how can one say perception exists in the null void? Is this a radically deeper usage of the terms "perception" and "existence" or was it a partial awakening?

B0gvbJOIIAAEV75.jpg

Wake up !

Except you will wake up nowhere xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Mikael89 but there must be a perciever percieving ,otherwise there will be no experiencing not even the experiencing the void in which is also the invisible perciever...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

@Serotoninluv Leo already explained that in his latest post above.

Perhaps. Yet, the inquiry comes from a much deeper nuance within direct experience - not via conceptualization. My sense is there is a particular distinction to integrate the direct experience knowing to conceptual understanding. I know Leo has direct experience with the null void and has deeper integration than I. He immediately recognized my direct experience as Mu via his own direct experience. He has a knack at understanding people's direct experience partial awakenings and connecting dots toward a more expansive / deeper awakening. A skill I am working to develop.

Edit: Yikes, I just realized Leo's latest video is on perception and I haven't watched it yet. Perhaps the key lies within the video. Juicy stuff.