Annoynymous

Astrology and Horoscope

53 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2020 at 9:22 AM, Shiva said:

The reason you don't find any good arguments for astrology is because you seem to be quite closed-minded about it. You already made up your mind and now you are actively looking for evidence against it. That's confirmation bias.

If you really looked into it (beyond horoscopes you find in a magazine) you could find something very interesting.

Why don't you share the information? Where and what exactly is that "something very interesting"?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Personally, I don't know much about astrology, but it is common sense to me that we don't exist here on earth completely independent of everything else that is going on in the universe.

And it should be self-evident that a horoscope you find in a magazine has nothing to do with the Astrology the Babylonians, Egyptians and Greeks developed over 2,000 years ago. I would be surprised if you studied the history of Astrology deeply and didn't find anything interesting.

Therefore, all I'm saying is that we need to be careful to discard it immediately as pseudoscience because maybe there is more to it than it first seems.

Ah, okay. You sounded like you knew something, it would've been interesting. I would also be surprised, if you studied the history of Astrology deeply and could find something verifiable. Something which we could reliably differentiate from belief system. But of course, whatever may be the case, it still can be interesting. I think you mislead you reader bit there, using that word.

Btw, why do you think anything should or would be self-evident? And how it is self-evident to you that something that happened 2,000 years ago was self-evidently something special, while you admit that you don't have any knowledge what it even was?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I meant that it should be obvious the horoscopes you find in a magazine or on the radio probably have little to do with the real/original thing. I would bet that 99% of horoscopes in mainstream media are generic bullshit that is purely made up and that they didn't even bother to look towards the stars let alone apply any actual astrology.

It may be easily concluded that there are differences, but not that the difference would be in amount of bullshit. I would bet that >99% of horoscopes in mainstream media would be generic bullshit even if they had gazed at stars for years. I haven’t heard any reasons why it would’ve been in any other way 2000 years ago. What is actual astrology and how it is applied?

Edited by ttm

@Annoynymous 

In my opinion, people who use astrology as a means to understand themselves are just people who aren't looking inwards to understand themselves. Ultimately no one or system or set of beliefs can tell you who you are, that is something you must do alone fully. 

Astrology can be useful or It can also be used to create limitations for what is possible for you, with that said, scientifically, it has been debunked several times over.

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

18 hours ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

@Annoynymous 

Scientifically, it has been debunked several times over.

?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

By the very design modern science is reductionist and intellectual. Astrology is not a modern science, it is ancient. It existed far before people started to thing in scientific way. It is more of a holistic discipline and has elements that have nothing to do with the intellect.

In this regard modern science will always fail to see the consistency of astrology because its probing tools are so narrow and limited.

Imagine trying to read ancient hieroglyphs, and your method is to force yourself to look for modern Latin letters, ofc you wont find any,  that does not mean that there is no text. 

Well, I had the same argument lately, but I started to think about it. Here is my story so far this year.

I read a yearly horoscope, what I don't do often... And Started to recognize some patterns like:

It says:

"The Libra can perform really well at his/her job this year, and this can lead to several important achievements that can even have some financial benefits."

Now 2 months into this year and I have some new private Clients, who bring in extra revenue.

And:

" Yet it you notice that your partner becomes selfish or starts to blame you for everything, don't hesitate to mention how bad it makes you feel. "

I Tried this out, called out my love on some small issues, and it turned out to be a healthy conversation, we both enjoyed...

So I'm not saying it is all confirmed, and so on, but I can see some connection for sure...

The article if you want to read it:
https://interestingearth.com/horoscope_for_2020_libra.html

10 hours ago, Trinity55 said:

Ha haa, that's hilarious!

Work stuff for Libra: You can perform very well, or you might worsen your performance. Having a goal may help. Also, be careful with finances!

Love stuff for Libra: You can have exciting year, but to achieve it, you have to be active. There might be small clues about feelings of others. If you and your partner have a problem, talk about it.

How thoroughly did you think about this? Do you feel that connection with "You can have good or bad year. Doing something to make it better can help to make it better." is with Libra or might that be something which applies to every human being?

On 3/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, Yog said:

Astrology is not a modern science, it is ancient. It existed far before people started to thing in scientific way. It is more of a holistic discipline and has elements that have nothing to do with the intellect.

Do you have more information on what astrology originally was? That would be interesting to hear.

I think taking it in different way astrology is something else and is 100% true event in which you actually realise about its existence.  Here I can tell you some of the case studies of my clients and may be you get influence by this case studies.

https://www.prakashastrologer.com/field-of-business-and-health/

https://www.prakashastrologer.com/stubbornness-and-professional-future/

https://www.prakashastrologer.com/stuck-project-2/

I hope these case studies will help you. And if you still have any questions then you can contact me.

It is my direct experience that the moon and its cycle do affect people's behavior. I have noticed over and over again that on a full moon, sensitive people (like ones with mental issues) tend to act differently, be more agitated. 

And if the moon does affect people, it is only logical to assume that planets also affect people. 

44 minutes ago, JakeCorn said:

Does it still make sense to believe a horoscope?

44 minutes ago, JakeCorn said:

Does it still make sense to believe a horoscope?

lol, im afraid not, my fault sorry pipl xD