Socrates

Is tripping 300μg of LSD outdoors safe?

27 posts in this topic

Straightforward question. I don't have an indoor place where I am alone to trip for 10+ hours so my only option is outdoors in the woods or nature in general.

I have only had a 200μg outdoors trip so far and it went great. Will 300μg be easy to handle outdoors or is it probable that I'll lose control?

I only trip on LSD outside.  Typically I do it in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco where I live, but I also walk around the City too when I trip.  But that’s just me.  Others swear by doing it inside.  But see, LSD is so energizing to me that I like to wander around when I do it. Ditto for mushrooms.  I like to walk around and look at all the lights and stuff.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The effect of any psychedelic is highly dependent on set and setting and also on your experience with them and general level of consciousness.

That being said, if you were able to handle 200μg it is likely that you will be able to do 300μg. Just prepare carefully, take enough water and food with you, find a place where you will not be disturbed, have what-if-plans for events like rain and so on. Consider bringing a tripsitter.

Part of the whole point of taking psychedelics is loosing the illusion that you had any control to begin with.

Good look my brother, tell us what you decided to do and how it turned out!

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I only trip on LSD outside.  Typically I do it in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco where I live, but I also walk around the City too when I trip.  But that’s just me.  Others swear by doing it inside.  But see, LSD is so energizing to me that I like to wander around when I do it. Ditto for mushrooms.  I like to walk around and look at all the lights and stuff.

While that may be true it is very dangerous advice to give

@Socrates   If it's a safe and private place then sure, but I wouldn't go to a park where there are people walking about. That would inhibit the fuck outta me and throw my trip off in a paranoid direction. And did you really trip for 10 hours when you did LSD before? It lasts longer than a mushroom trip for me, but not 10 hours. 7 hours and I'm back to functional where people wouldn't be able to tell that I was still slightly tripping.

Have a productive time!

13 minutes ago, Enizeo said:

Was that advice?   :)

20 minutes ago, Enizeo said:

Perhaps.  I’m not particularly drawn to being overly safe in life.  People who want to be overly safe in life are not gonna resonate with me, and that’s fine, you can take your influence from other people.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Was that advice?   :)

Since he particularly asked for advice and we're on a self help forum, yes, implicitly it was advice ;)

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Perhaps.  I’m not particularly drawn to being overly safe in life. 

OP might be though :)

3 minutes ago, Enizeo said:

OP might be though :)

He’s a big boy, he can decide for himself don’t you think?  He’s tripped on LSD before, he’s not a total noob at this.  Let him decide what to do after he’s been exposed to a variety of perspectives.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Hey, how do you type the abbreviation for microgram? I've always used "ug" but I see you can type the real thing......how?

If you're the kind of person who freaks out on acid it's probably not safe indoors or outdoors. But otherwise I think it's safe yeah. Most of my best trips have been outdoors. 

It's good to have some shelter to retreat to if needed - at some point you'll need to take a shit, or you'll be hungry and that sandwich you packed seems disgusting. Or you'll need some different clothes, or a shower... 

1 hour ago, PsiloPutty said:

Hey, how do you type the abbreviation for microgram? I've always used "ug" but I see you can type the real thing......how?

If you're on a mac it's option + m µµµµ

edit: ^ Lol of course @Socrates uses a greek keyboard

Edited by outlandish

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

3 minutes ago, outlandish said:

sandwich you packed seems disgusting

Last trip I had some pretty basic hummus, tomato cucumber and mustard burritos made for my hiking trip.

And to be completely honest they were the best thing I had ever tasted in my life, they were so good! 

All that presence makes the most basic things extremely profound. 

You will always want an non restricted access to a private bathroom and a "safe place" when tripping, especially with a dose that big. But the choise is yours, ofc. If you are confident, do it. 

@Socrates 300ug can be difficult to handle regardless of where you are.

Even 150ug can kick your ass. So watch out.

Sounds to me like you're asking for a bad trip because your attitude towards this substance is way too light.

300ug outdoors can go really wrong. This doesn't mean it will go wrong every time, but it certainly CAN go very wrong unless you are extremely careful and know what you are doing. If you do it a dozen times, I can almost guarantee something will go wrong. So watch out. You are playing with a loaded gun.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura My last trip was 200μg and it was pretty much my first good trip. As I said I can only trip outdoors.

Would you suggest staying at 200μg for a couple more trips and then gradually up it to 300μg?

I am thinking about 225μg to 250μg.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds to me like you're asking for a bad trip because your attitude towards this substance is way too light.

I definitely respect the substance. I mean it is either outdoors or not at all and I am in a rut lately, need something profound to breakthrough.

200μg was good and all but not ego-death level of consciousness. What would you suggest, skip the trip altogether?

@Socrates Hook up ”both”. Prepare so you are outside, with the inside comforts a minute’s walking distance away. A cheap airbnb or heated one person cabin in the woods can be found online (here at least) for 50$ & less. Also, resolve the dilemma of “in a rut lately” prior to the trip!!! Use simple and typically overlooked methods such as mailing out 5 thank you cards to anyone who’s helped you in your life, and or simply, but actually listening to someone, and helping, even it’s just saying, “i love you, and you’ll be ok”, etc. Kindness and loving meditations too! Remember, a rut in thought trying to resolve feeling with more thought. Won’t work. Resolve feelings, with awareness of feeling. Only love/being/awareness will do. Then safely trip your balls off, and tell us how it went. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Motel rooms can be found for $35/night

Or you could even go camping and at least put up a tent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I wouldn't do more than 200ug outside alone. You can't control the environment and it's easy to suddenly find yourself in conversations and potentially sticky situations. Even at 200 I find that communication skills can feel moderately nerfed. Any higher and imo you risk acting a fool in public, which you don't need. 

Edit: I think it really secluded areas like in nature could work as long as you don't stray far. 

And being with nature while tripping is truly comfortingly

Edited by Arman