Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

5-MeO after enlightenment?

14 posts in this topic

I was just wondering, if somebody completely purifies themselves of their ego, so that they no longer have any shadow, no negative emotions, and no neurotic behaviours, then would 5-MeO still help such a person? If yes, then how could it? Wouldn’t we call that person ‘perfect’ for completely mastering himself. What more could 5-MeO show him?

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

I was just wondering, if somebody completely purifies themselves of their ego, so that they no longer have any shadow, no negative emotions, and no neurotic behaviours, then would 5-MeO still help such a person? If yes, then how could it? Wouldn’t we call that person ‘perfect’ for completely mastering himself. What more could 5-MeO show him?

You speak of the ego as if it is a bothersome pet of yours. Ego = self = personality

IME, 5-meo doesn't "help" a person - it kills a person. The person ceases to exist.

The self cannot imagine existence without it's self. Yet, there is still a lot of work to do after one has transcended the self and 5-meo can help with that work. When one awakens to the dream, the dream continues. . . 

In my view, with a high dose of 5-MeO and a state of surrender, you can have what is called a Samadhi experience. This experience is so total and radical that it shatters everything around you and you cease to be a person anymore. You're so immersed in a state of no-self / cosmic consciousness that you can't function in this world anymore. Sadhguru said that he saw Yogies sitting for months in Samadhi until their bodies start to rotten. 

I think a state of Samadhi is not Enlightenment. I mean obviously enlightened people are all around us and able to function in society quite well. I will even go as far as saying that besides being very authentic in their interactions, there aren't any external giveaways of an Enlightened person. I think Enlightenment is the realization some Truth of existence, not a mystical state nor cessation of personality or emotions.

If an Enlightened person takes 5-MeO he or she will have a samadhi experience just like everybody else. He or she might even experience the 'negative' emotions and sensations that might be associated with sub-breakthrough doses. But, these will not be viewed as negative experiences (because you need ego for that), and in that sense, will not bother an Enlightened person.

Samadhi state might not be of high value for an Enlightened person. But this experience is extremely useful for non-Enlightened people as it will show you what the Absolute is aside from mental projection. It will show you what Spirituality is truly about. It will make a believer out of you and humble you so much that a part of your Ego will break.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

26 minutes ago, Outer said:

You forgot: "Could 5-MeO harm that person?"

Gary Weber, a psychedelic virgin, saw no reason to try psychedelics as it might mess something up. Though he doesn't negate the benefit of his students using them. I don't doubt it with all the science of non-RC compounds like psilocybin and LSD. A study on meditation practitioners with thousands of hours of practice saw no negative effects from psilocybin but increased meditation depth post-psilocybin.

I’m fascinated by how so many people can only see through the self’s perspective: is it beneficial or harmful to the self? 

It seems so strange. In a way, it’s like asking if my 5-meo experience will be beneficial or harmful to a dream character of a fictional man who lived in Portugal during the 17th century.

@Serotoninluv By the ego, I don’t mean sense of self. I mean all of the person’s neurosis.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise If someone “entered” samadhi already, then 5Meo is not going to have the same effect. Either one reveals the reality and infinitude without thought veiling. Once you’re Alone, there are no phases or steps anymore, no degree’s of understanding that you are infinite & alone. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

One does not need DMT from outside sources once he/she opened themselves. The DMT that body makes is virtually any dose you like, depending on yourself. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

The experience doesn’t change. 

You don’t go from a state to another, it just transists to a body high and it gets very silent and then it transist back to normality without an active substance in the body - the background never changes. 

On 10/31/2018 at 2:32 AM, How to be wise said:

@Serotoninluv By the ego, I don’t mean sense of self. I mean all of the person’s neurosis.

Ego = self = person. That is within an expansive, holistic consciousness.  

The transcendence of the person is more beautiful and amazing than the person could imagine.

27 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Ego = self = person. That is within an expansive, holistic consciousness.  

The transcendence of the person is more beautiful and amazing than the person could imagine.

Indeed.  Ego = self = mind = thought = "I".   All the same thing. 

Ego isn't bad thoughts.  That which accepts/rejects thoughts as good/bad is also thought/self/ego!

44 minutes ago, robdl said:

Indeed.  Ego = self = mind = thought = "I".   All the same thing. 

Ego isn't bad thoughts.  That which accepts/rejects thoughts as good/bad is also thought/self/ego!

Neurosis also a result of that confusion from the false division. The self/ego/thought is its content. So if the content is neurotc in nature than self/ego is that too right dude?

19 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Neurosis also a result of that confusion from the false division. 

I think that is a major component of neurosis.

@archi Surely the substance can’t kill you physically.