Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Ayauasca vs 5-Meo-DMT

14 posts in this topic

For those of you that have done both Ayauasca and 5-meo, how do they compare? For the Ayauasca, let's say over 3 doses. I've done over 3 doses (shot glass full) and felt like I went pretty deep. But haven't tried 5-meo yet. I hear it's many times more powerful. And whatever enlightenment experience I had on Ayauasca, is nothing compared to what can/will happen on 5-meo, so I hear. But wanted to get some personal accounts from those that did one, then the other and how they compared. 

@Jed Vassallo I did three Ayahuasca ceremonies during a retreat in Peru. I took two servings. As well, I've done 5-meo about 10 times solo at home. 

The term "powerful" is relative to the person. Are you referring to depth of insights? Visuals? Mental / physical discomfort?

For me personally, I would put Aya and 5-meo on a similar "power" level. Yet, they are different teachers with different lessons. In general, Aya gave me three very different trips, while 5-meo has been more consistent.

In terms of mental intensity - both require a high level of surrender and I had to deal with panic / insanity zones prior to ego death with both. Both are possessive to me, with Aya more aggressively possessive. Aya was much more visual and it felt like there was some presence offering lessons - often called Mother Aya. 5-meo have very little visuals - it's more like a dissolving. There was no sense of any type of being. In general for me, it's like becoming the universe, being the magnificence of life. Or, just deep insights into energy flows. It's hard to describe. I'm fortunate in that 50-meo is fairly gentle on me, yet I can see how people go into insanity zones with it.

Both Aya and 5-meo gave me a very deep sense of interconnection to all of reality - especially nature and people.

In terms of physcial intensity - I found Aya to be more physically intense, yet people have told me I'm an oddball with 5-meo body load.

@Serotoninluv What are your dosages? 

I find that I have mild trips and no body load in sub 30mg with 5-meo.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Just now, Arthur said:

@Serotoninluv What are your dosages? 

I find that I have mild trips and no body load in sub 30mg with 5-meo.

Similar for me. Under 27mg plugged and I’m fine. Moderate body load 30mg+

@Serotoninluv Have you tried doses in the 50s range?

For me, a big breakthrough happened at 56mg plugged.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

11 minutes ago, Arthur said:

@Serotoninluv Have you tried doses in the 50s range?

For me, a big breakthrough happened at 56mg plugged.

I’ve blacked out at 30mg.

Be careful with anything above 25mg. Every 5mg after that is a gigantic leap in power. 5-MeO dosage is nonlinear.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I see a lot of posts about psychedelics on Actualized.org forum and I'm tempted to try them.

I've been doing research about Magic Mushrooms and I understood that my psychology needs to be in good shape to not have a bad trip experience.

I've been meditating for six months now (every single day for 30 minutes) and I feel better relatively speaking.

The only problem I have is when I read a book, I don't retain much information from it and I would like to fix/correct that with psychedelics if possible.

I'm a beginner at reading. I'm learning how to read. I'm focusing (concentrating) intensely when I read but only a little bit of information gets stored in my memory.

Why is that? Should I read a book many times?

Jordan Peterson had to say this about reading:

Is he right about taking notes?

@Leo Gura, any of your insights about reading would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Me on the road less traveled.

1 hour ago, Rinne said:

@The Don I relate a lot with you. 

@Leo Gura a response would be awesome

Yes. Thanks.

Sometimes when I listen to something or when I read something I just get myself lost in that experience. I'm very attentive & focused.

I would like to have that attentive experience every time when I read or I memorize something. I rarely get to that point of attentiveness.

Nootropics could help me with that but I'm afraid that they'll damage my brain.

It feels amazing when you have powerful insights.

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

@Jed Vassallo Ayajuasca can do deep but there is still the experience and the experiencer. Even the slightest bit of self is still self. A good break through dose of 5 will totally and absolutely collapse duality. These two experiences although both deep and profound in their own way, one is actually infinite times more deeper.

1 hour ago, JustinS said:

@Jed Vassallo Ayajuasca can do deep but there is still the experience and the experiencer. Even the slightest bit of self is still self. A good break through dose of 5 will totally and absolutely collapse duality. These two experiences although both deep and profound in their own way, one is actually infinite times more deeper.

Thanks for this. I did high doses of Ayauasca a few times. Each was pure magic. I went deep and felt like I was home and one with everything. But, immediately after coming back, nothing had changed for me. The next feeling afterwards, was frustration. Right now, 5-meo is my golden ticket, that can actually change my life (getting rid of the 'I'). It's something to look forward to. It gives me Hope. But my biggest fear of doing it, is that, like Ayauasca, after doing it nothing will have changed. It will be just another great experience. Then I have no more golden ticket, no more hope of things changing. But, most everything I've learned about 5-meo says that is would most likely not be the case. I guess I wanted to hear some person accounts of how the two compare. Looking forward to finally experiencing what everyone says about 5-meo. 

9 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

But my biggest fear of doing it, is that, like Ayauasca, after doing it nothing will have changed. It will be just another great experience.

Yeah well you will be disappointed then. The 5 is just an another experience, true yes. It's not an immediate magic pill over night life change. It's got to be done dozens and hundreds of times for it to slowly permeate the changes in your Consciousness. You will come back to your consensus reality but there will be subtle changes. 

If you want an immediate over night change i recommend rectal administration and a good high dose that you've been building up to. Becareful what you wish for. It'll rock your world. :)