MM1988

How Law of Attraction got me intro trouble and caused suffering

35 posts in this topic

By the logic of the law of attraction you should visualize things you want in your mind and have positive thoughts about and it will come true in reality.

Well I was attracted to a girl and like an idiot I sat on my couch and visualised naively how we will be together, had a positive mindest and how great it all will be. It felt great. Thats how I got myself into trouble. Of course reality doesnt work by wishful thinking and I got painfully rejected. By thinking these thoughts I formed an emotional attachement I now have to get rid off, and all because of stupidly daydreaming.

I think this is the same with other stuff. By visualizing it you form emotional attachements and you will suffer if it wont go as planned. 

Its basically the exact opposite of the stoic technique "Negative Visualization" which is much better.

Its assuming the worst so you wont get dissapointed. According to Law of Attraction this behaviour would make the worst happen. But in my experience things happen basically randomly, or at least not humanly predictable, which is as good as random from your point of view. Negative visualization will reduce a good amount of the suffering this randomness can cause.

Edited by MM1988

You started visualize when your mind already was attached on her. 

Have a clear mind without distractions :) 

In either case, you attracted learning :) 

@Nahm

I didn't use law of attraction consciously, I researched about it after the fact. By reading about it this situation came to mind where I accidentaly did exactly what it says I should do, and it just made everything worse looking back. LoA should even work on people who dont know about it so thats not the issue.

Looking back negative visualization would have been the better thing to do.

@Nahm@cirkussmile

Edited by MM1988

@MM1988

It is “working”. You do not fully understand how you are attracting. 

What teachers are you learning this from?

“Looking back negative visualization would have been the better thing to do.”

What negative source are you aligning with? Maya?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@MM1988

Sounds lovely. What law of attraction teacher did you learn from?

Also, I think you have well misunderstood Stoic Negative Visualization. It is about appreciation, and gratitude. ANother path to the same, as law of attraction. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@MM1988 There are so many things that could go wrong its not like you visualize few times and it will happen but you should not see that as suffering you went for what you want thats great man! 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

isnt negative stoic visualization when you imagine that some things could be worse than it is or to be grateful you imagine you lost your house but you didnt and you work to get it something like that?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

52 minutes ago, MM1988 said:

Of course reality doesnt work by wishful thinking and I got painfully rejected.

@MM1988 If you don't mind me asking what happened at the time of rejection.

@cetus56 what do you want to know ? I dont want to go into the details here once again, this thread is not about my romantic life. But it keeps fucking with my mind as you can see, I just need to get over it.

@MM1988 you have to think/feel/be simultaneously how that would feel like and then your reality will shift into that happening

the desire has to be so strong that it cannot be extinguished as a birthday candle

it has to be an inferno

the intensity of your WANT is what will cause it to happen for you

here's my little episode which happened - looking back, I now realize it was LOA - me being a kid might have also helped since as a kid, it's so much more simpler to wish up and get something but even so, i did wish quite deeply. 

also. the way it happened was this: i did not wish for the end result to occur. i just wanted/deeply loved the end result itself. not wishing or wanting it to happen. 

TLDR of the thread below is that i manifested a meeting with someone I deeply loved after saying a good-bye which would have been for like 2years+

my longing for not being able to see this person again and my love for that person alone just brought upon a random/ unscheduled / full on by chance meeting with that person once more before I left the country :) 

LOA is there. your mechanism for it wasn't "done" correctly. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

wishful thinking/wanting doesn't work

you can only attract what you know you can have

once you know you can have it then you have the feeling you wanted from the thing that you wanted

you realize you already have the feeling and you don't even really need the thing anymore

you get the thing then sometimes

@SoonHei I still think it was random. When about a decade ago someone broke up with me I just wished to have them back for weeks. It was happening more than once. I was daydreaming and visualizing how good it would be to see them again etc. it was really bad, of course nothing like that ever manifested in reality. You cant manipulate people with your thoughts.

@MM1988 I attract that which I want and leave no room for doubt. When I achieve or receive the results, I am grateful and proud. When neither comes true, I am content and try again. 

@MM1988 Totally understood. Wasn't interested in the romantic aspect of it. The law of attraction is exactly that. You attract what you put an intention on. In a way, they come to you.

@MM1988 yes you are right

what you also have to understand is the "probability"

in my case. it was my aunt. i was an 8 year old boy. so manifesting a random meeting where she happened to stop by for something in my city the day after i had said my final good-bye before leaving the country wasn't so difficult with a little bit of wanting

but in your case, you broke up with someone

wanting them back for weeks sure, no matter how strongly was not fruitful maybe because the probability of that happening was very very low?

for example, there is a non-zero chance for anything occurring in the next moment

say manifesting a goddamn goat in your room by thinking about it so hard - chances maybe 0.00000000000000000000001% for example... you wishing and desiring it would need to be 10000000000000000x more to cause it to happen

vs manifesting and hoping to do good in an interview you have prepped well for and get the job for which the probability might be 60-70%

p.s. throwing random percentages here to illustrate the point. but that is how it works.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@MM1988 Totally understood. Wasn't interested in the romantic aspect of it. The law of attraction is exactly that. You attract what you put an intention on. In a way, they come to you.

So I can attract enlightenment ? 

:ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them