Rilles

Do You Guys Think Weed Is Intense?

18 posts in this topic

I mixed alcohol with weed last night and I had a pretty intense experience to say the least, weed is such an interesting drug because there is no real change in visual phenomena but theres a general shift in perception of reality and strange tactile hallucinations. I always thought getting high was a pretty intense experience but maybe its because I rarely do it and I havent done any psychedelics yet. What do you think? Have you had any intense weed experiences?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

yes, people say it's "just weed" but even back when I used to smoke it every day there would be times when I was really high, so high that we would think that it was laced with something...

@isabel Yeah I had a few of those ”what if it was laced” thoughts last night but I used my meditation skills:P to see through it as just good ol weed paranoia. From what I’ve read online I cant really say ”just weed” anymore, so many people have had intensely sometimes bad ”trips” on it.

It can be pretty intense. I used to take it while I was meditating. I mainly focused on body awareness and breath. It gave me a lot of insights about my body and emotions. Now I stopped using it because I could not translate it to my sober state and it created a lot of frustration within me. 

I also had a mystical experience while using it. Hard to describe but I comunicated with some kind of being that was not of this world. This conversation was leading to destruction of my existence and created a lot of bad trips and confusion for me so now I am hesitant to investigate this matter further.

I know you can ask how do I know it wasn't just a delusion and of course I can never be sure but it was the best conversation I ever had with anyone and I have never experienced so much clarity and connection from a conversation with a different human being before. I felt so much love and understanding from it it can not be described with words.

Yes.  It’s a tool.  But like any drug, it can be abused. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Setty Wow that sounds very interesting... I didnt know you could go that deep with it. I agree with the frustration part, it doesnt really give you much insight, its just a mind-bending experience, guess it can be used for fun once in a while.

5 hours ago, Rilles said:

I mixed alcohol with weed last night and I had a pretty intense experience to say the least, weed is such an interesting drug because there is no real change in visual phenomena but theres a general shift in perception of reality and strange tactile hallucinations. I always thought getting high was a pretty intense experience but maybe its because I rarely do it and I havent done any psychedelics yet. What do you think? Have you had any intense weed experiences?

I get a ton of visuals, morphing fractals and colors. Especially closed eyed but open eyed too, if there's a plain surface like a ceiling.

I've had my fair share of cannabis, and I've come up with my own special way of appreciating it. This won't give you insights on your spiritual life, at least it doesn't give me any, but there's something about how it affects the mind that is so fascinating. Let me teach you:

Blast a shit load of the substance. When I say a shit load, I mean it. For me it's about a 35mg to 40mg edible, or the equivalent smoked. I use a vape pen, which is very convenient. Then, sit down as you would when you meditate. Do not try to follow the breath, do not try to be mindful. Do not try to sit in a certain position that's supposed to be better than another, just be comfortable. Follow your thoughts, but do not try to control them, just watch. Completely surrender to what's coming next.

My thoughts become so fluid, it's absolutely captivating. It's almost like they're more fluid than water itself. It switch from one thought to another in a way that's so effortless. I often see lots of animals, insects and not so often people. I do not associate words to these thoughts, I only perceive vague concepts.

It's really an experience like no others, I wouldn't know how to describe it, it's nothing like normal consciousness. I think it's one of the best experience you can have on cannabis.

As I said earlier, I don't think you can have an enlightening experience this way, or any form of insights for that matter. But I've only done this for a handful of times, so who am I to talk. I still think it's a very interesting thing to do on cannabis.

Edited by FredFred

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Can be pretty intense, i had a number of weed trips that were harder to handle than LSD or mushrooms. I am in favor of weed but do not underestimate its potency. 

Weed is interesting. All the strains in my area I always end up very stimulated. Like my leg will have an involuntary spasm or quick tightening of the muscles for a second. The weed peak for me is a bit rough but the come down I feel so relaxed and everything is more entertaining. I regularly get auditory and visual hallucinations from it. I took one hit on a DXM afterglow once, and it felt comparable to my 500ug+200mg candyflip in many areas. Out of this world headspace, everything was spinning etc.

Such a versatile drug.

@Rilles hello! I'm not even close to being an expert on this, but I'm happy to share my experiences and what little i know. i was chatting with an experienced biologist and she was telling me about different varieties of weed and how some can be down-right dangerous because of the intense effects they have on the psyche. so, and you probably already take precautions but there's no harm in a reminder, get your cannabis info straight before trying anything. i don't smoke, but i have ingested cannabis and the first three times were fun. at the time, i wanted to use it as an escape method for heartbreak; i found out that it didn't help me forget my woeful sorrows, but it was pretty fun, something different. listening to music under the influence was great!

i was lucky the first times as nothing bad happened but the fourth time.... i went bonkers.. it was so intense, time stopped, i went into a time loop i thought i'd never get out of, i could barely speak, i couldn't make out full sentences, i lost track of what i was saying.. gosh it was bad.... i dont know if it was the variety of cannabis or some sort of averse chemical reaction with my back then malnourished body or just an exaggeration of my deteriorating emotional state, probably a combo of all of those factors, but it was bad. 

i've theorized that in a better mood, state of mind and body, this wouldn't have happened. marijuana shouldn't be mindlessly thrown around. from what i've heard, by later talking to friends about the experience, the effect has a lot to do with the person consuming, some are more sensitive, plus, there are other factors to take into account; the person's emotional state is a big one. 

in conclusion, use wisely! 

@FredFred That sounds very interesting, I’ll try that next time if I have the balls. xD

@Recursoinominado No way... how is that possible with a ”soft” drug :D

@TylerJ Yeah, I agree, I think I am a HSP so that may be why I react as if my experiences are some psychedelic mindbomb LOL, thats what they feel lile to me, without the visuals of course, but then again Ive never tried psychs LOL im blabbering

@Salcedoop I had a horrible synthetic weed experience many many years that left me pretty fucked up for a few months so I always take precaution when I smoke, I dont go balls to the wall as I used to when I was a young (dumb) :Pgrasshopper

Weed can be as intense as almost any psychedelic. Get into edibles, I have years of experience with cannabis. 

Is a very good tool for shadow work and healing, but is a tool, don't abuse or worship it.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Don't mix. The worst cases I've seen were from people mixing weed and alcohol.
Don't smoke "just because". If it makes you paranoid, bad trip, feel bad in any way, just stop it. I had my worse bad trip with weed (after smoking for years and years and never bad tripping), so it can happen. I just dropped it as I did with alcohol. It's hard. But it's honestly worth it. Don't do as I did and wait 30+ years to understand that drugs only hinder you and are a waste of time.
But that's only my opinion. I know Leo and lots of people believe in the benefits of psychedelics and such. I'd rather take the hard path and avoid the traps of drug from now on personally. But I'm probably biased in the fact that my old self I'm trying to get rid of is anxious, depressive and very sensitive to drugs, so they don't mix well with me. I don't know. Listen to how those make you feel and make the choice in your case. But don't do drugs just because "everyone does it", or someone you like says it's good. Maybe it's not a tool for you like it wasn't for me.

3 hours ago, Fuku said:

Don't smoke "just because". If it makes you paranoid, bad trip, feel bad in any way, just stop it. I had my worse bad trip with weed (after smoking for years and years and never bad tripping), so it can happen. I just dropped it as I did with alcohol. It's hard. But it's honestly worth it. Don't do as I did and wait 30+ years to understand that drugs only hinder you and are a waste of time.
But that's only my opinion. I know Leo and lots of people believe in the benefits of psychedelics and such. I'd rather take the hard path and avoid the traps of drug from now on personally. But I'm probably biased in the fact that my old self I'm trying to get rid of is anxious, depressive and very sensitive to drugs, so they don't mix well with me. I don't know. Listen to how those make you feel and make the choice in your case. But don't do drugs just because "everyone does it", or someone you like says it's good. Maybe it's not a tool for you like it wasn't for me.

psychedelic are not a drug, this is why it's better to say "psychedelic".

drug are shit like heroine, coke, alcohol.

I would say weed is addictive and could possibily fuck your life, but weed is great to use in a limited frame of time ( and not when too ignorant, like being less than 20 ) even at 20 you're ignorant. no drug should never be done before this age, even if you're a smart kid.. ( or in another kind of society, it could be, with different way of doing it, like in a healthy manner for cure the mind )

addiction on it is only mental, but it can be as hard to quit, as a guy who played 14 hours a day World Of Warcraft, and then he is asked to leave it. If you use weed to fullfil a blank in life, it will always be addictive and the answer. But if you use it for personnal understanding, no chance you're getting addicted on it, so I would say : half psychedelic

alcohol basicly stop pain of thinking/mind, but stop  everything, opiates makes the body not feel anything so easy to love it, it's very very very addictive and dangerous and should be only given to someone who is in physical pain. ( but it's hard to tell ) only good thing pharmacy try to be doing

it's not black & white, and drug are only imagination made, an idea, not a divine solid thing, everything is a drug if you put the good human behind it

playing on your phone, internet bidding, what the eyes can't see, the eyes don't judge, stupid.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

The first time I took weed I completely blacked out and then I had the mother of awakenings.

Afterwards I implemented almost every habit effortlessly and quit junkfood for 6 months straight. 

Edited by Artaemis

8 hours ago, Fuku said:

This was the first time I ever mixed weed and alcohol, I smoke once a year so I wouldnt say I have much of a problem, its more of a fun adventure. Sorry about your bad trips, Ive been there but Ive gotten better at handling the effects, it gets more enjoyable when you apply mindfulness and curiosity to it. My comedown reaction is not “That was too much for me” Its more like “Holy shit! what the hell! This isnt what everyday reality is usually like, that’s amazing but I think ill wait a while before I go on the rollercoaster again.”

@Artaemis Haha seriously, you gotta be trolling, most people just implement a Cheetos habit. 

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles Nope. I dropped all my addictions, all distractions. I craved actions conducive to my development.  

Eventually my level of consciousness dropped almost all the way back to baseline though. Although I still can enter that level of consciousness.

There are still areas where that level of consciousness lingers almost permanently. 

Edited by Artaemis