riplo

I need feminine personal development resources.

22 posts in this topic

One thing that has been insanely valuable as a guy was developing and understanding my masculinity - using books like way of the superior man. Leo's approach to enlightenment etc is also quite a masculine and in your face challenging one, as well as very rational - and speaks to me in a powerful and engaging way.

My girlfriend is on board with self actualization too - I wonder is there any books, courses, or other stuff like that that focuses exclusively on developing the feminine and would speak to my (very feminine) girlfriend - more feminine teachings and books on enlightenment would also be really useful, as well as (don't know if this is a thing) more feminine spiritual practises. Any help would be appreciated people - if any chicks on here know some stuff that speaks to or was really engaging for them or worked really well for them, I'd love to know what that was. Thanks people 

How does working on self actualization has to do with masculinity or femininity?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf

For one it helped me to understand that my rational goal oriented way of looking at the world is just one perspective, and that there are other equally valid ways of understanding and moving through life.

Understanding how attraction works - understanding how relationships work - an example would be that my girl testing me with seemingly random turbulent emotions n that is a healthy part of every relationship and not a problem that must be 'fixed', had I not read about this the relationship would have collapsed by now due to my ignorance. Learning to deal with this in the proper way has taught me also how to think about and deal with the general turbulence of lifes challenges in the proper way.

When I express my masculinity in healthy ways it feels like I'm connecting to something really deep and true about my self - maybe even the spiritual self. An example is that masculine quality of non reactivity and authenticity, is really just what happens when you're really conscious, and is a property of consciousness itself - it just is itself and accepts itself without needing to react or hide. 

These are just a few examples - there are a lot more.

I get that ultimately this label of 'masculine' is meaningless and will collapse - I'm not there yet though and the concept is useful at this stage.

"Resting into being" stuff, maybe? Look at the people in the turquoise examples mega-thread; they seem to have feminine teachings such as "relax as you take in the universe" stuff, such as Matt Kahn.

The book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

@riplo ohh you want to figure out more about a feminine side?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf I think he means that he wants personal development stuff that's focused on accepting who you are and your life situation. Instead of stuff that's about working hard and overcoming stuff, he wants something about how to accept what you have and improve it from there. 

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Check out the work of Jean Raffa... especially her blog and book, "Healing the Sacred Divide". She also has a TON of resources listed in the bibliographies of her books all about the integration of the feminine principle, dreams, and the unconscious. She, like most of the others that she recommends is an author working under the Jungian framework

Also...

"The Heroine's Journey" by Maureen Murdoch (as an alternative to "The Hero's Journey")

"The Pregnant Darkness" by Monica Wikman

"Goddesses in Every Woman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen

"Androgyny" by June Singer

Also, anything from Marian Woodman and Merlin Stone are good places to start.

You can also check out my YouTube channel, as @Etherial Cat recommended. I have a lot of stuff about Yin/Yang, Masculine/Feminine, and other polarities like it. There's probably about 6 or 7 videos on my channel that relate in some way to the feminine principle and the divine feminine.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

14 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

You should check the content produced by Emerald. 

Thank you for recommending me! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@riplo My GF really likes Kyle Cease. Also, Adyashanti is one of my favorite spiritual teachers. He focuses on the awakening of the heart as well as an awakening of the intellect. My background was as a successful businessman with the typical hardness/coldness that comes with that. The awakening of the heart was critical for me. I had already had an awakening of the intellect several years ago but I found the awakening had a "dry" aspect to it that left it wanting as Adyashanti describes in his talks.

Edited by Matt8800

@riplo Look into Oprah type material or goop.com type stuff.

That is the girly version of self-help.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

You should check the content produced by Emerald.

I second that :) Only you gotta call her Amber because 50 shades of yellow ;)

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@riplo Look into Oprah type material or goop.com type stuff.

That is the girly version of self-help.

Don't do this. You have to go underground if you want high quality material. All the feminine stuff that's mainstream is very milquetoast. 

Emotionalmastery.org

For a newbie, it can be a good gateway. A newbie is not gonna appreciate underground Turquoise teachings. Those come later.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Balance your feminine and masculine energies

This has nothing to do with gender.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For a newbie, it can be a good gateway. A newbie is not gonna appreciate underground Turquoise teachings. Those come later.

I understand what you're saying and why you would say that. But I was pretty much a newbie when I found the resources that I recommended. And it will get them immediately acquainted with the feminine principle from the get-go. And it's not the type of material that a beginner will struggle with as much of it is just recognizing what has always been there but never been given words. For me, it was like a breath of fresh air as I had always been having to step out of my natural energy to function. And I know that if I had started with something else, I wouldn't be as grounded as I am. 

When I began reading from the authors that I recommended, I saw in them the best possible older version of myself if I continued to develop myself in the areas of the feminine. All the authors I listed are either in their 70s or 80s or dead. And they give their work in a very relatable way through stories about their lives and how myths, archetypes, dreams, and the divine have played a role. And it really opened up an entire facet of myself that I had scarcely been able to name. Nothing else ever fit quite as well. I threw myself into it for a year, and I learned more in that year than any other year of my life. 

But most of the mainstream feminine stuff that caters to women is actually just masculine with a feminine facade. That's why it's made its way to the mainstream. If it were truly feminine, it wouldn't make it there. That's why I said, you have to look somewhat underground if you want really high quality feminine content. 

Emotionalmastery.org

11 minutes ago, QandC said:

Balance your feminine and masculine energies

This has nothing to do with gender.

Don't try to balance them. The conscious mind rarely knows the proper "balance." 

Just own whatever energies happen to be there, and remove limiting beliefs and barrier to those energies. When you get rid of resistance, those energies will do whatever they're naturally supposed to do without the conscious mind having to be involved at all.  

For most men, they'll be mostly masculine with some feminine. For most women, they'll be mostly feminine with some masculine. But everyone has a unique Yin/Yang signature. So, instead of trying to keep masculine and feminine in balance, which is a very active process, just own and allow whatever happens to there.

But gender is a huge contributing factor. So, it does actually have quite a bit to do with gender. But everyone's Yin/Yang signature is different, and some men are more feminine and some women are more masculine and some people are closer to the middle of the spectrum with a 50/50 split. So, there are plenty of exceptions to the rule. But gender has a huge correlation with how one's energetic signature is composed.  

Emotionalmastery.org

6 hours ago, riplo said:

One thing that has been insanely valuable as a guy was developing and understanding my masculinity - using books like way of the superior man. Leo's approach to enlightenment etc is also quite a masculine and in your face challenging one, as well as very rational - and speaks to me in a powerful and engaging way.

My girlfriend is on board with self actualization too - I wonder is there any books, courses, or other stuff like that that focuses exclusively on developing the feminine and would speak to my (very feminine) girlfriend - more feminine teachings and books on enlightenment would also be really useful, as well as (don't know if this is a thing) more feminine spiritual practises. Any help would be appreciated people - if any chicks on here know some stuff that speaks to or was really engaging for them or worked really well for them, I'd love to know what that was. Thanks people 

Female/Male begins to break down once you begin to talk about enlightenment.

Many teachers that "focus exclusively on developing the feminine" fall into "new age' and not enlightenment/non-duality.

There are many "new age" resources on the feminine spiritual life.

But here are some female resources that combine enlightenment and femininity in their work:

Meagan Moon

- Her work is really poetical and metaphorical (really feminine approach), sounds very new age but the foundation of all of her work is non-duality.

Boho Beautiful

Meditation & yoga from a (feminine) perspective.

Her work is solid.

Allie Michelle

- She integrates non-duality and femininity with grace. 

She has 100000's of young girls who are following her and look up to her for guidance. There are tons of girls in their teens and 20's who are getting into non-duality because of her influence. It's interesting to watch.

The Perception Trainers 

She reminds me so much of Leo. haha She digs really really deep into things you would usually never think about.

She often speaks about eating disorders and body image which are her more female oriented topics.

She doesn't play around with lies or deception. She destroys them.

Annie Tarasova

Once in a while, she makes really trippy non-duality content. haha

Teal Swan

- She breaks the ego down layer by layer. I learned a lot about how my own brain works as a woman through her work.

Krystal Arayani

- She teaches about feminine spirituality from a Hindu perspective.

I am reading her new book now "Awakening the Goddess".

Lisa Cairns

Female non-duality speaker who sometimes speaks about non-duality from the perspective of a woman

Emerald

Of course haha

I could think of a ton more femininity resources but they fall into "new age" more than enlightenment.

Edited by Brittany

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

Check out the work of Jean Raffa... especially her blog and book, "Healing the Sacred Divide". She also has a TON of resources listed in the bibliographies of her books all about the integration of the feminine principle, dreams, and the unconscious. She, like most of the others that she recommends is an author working under the Jungian framework

Also...

"The Heroine's Journey" by Maureen Murdoch (as an alternative to "The Hero's Journey")

"The Pregnant Darkness" by Monica Wikman

"Goddesses in Every Woman" by Jean Shinoda Bolen

"Androgyny" by June Singer

Also, anything from Marian Woodman and Merlin Stone are good places to start.

You can also check out my YouTube channel, as @Etherial Cat recommended. I have a lot of stuff about Yin/Yang, Masculine/Feminine, and other polarities like it. There's probably about 6 or 7 videos on my channel that relate in some way to the feminine principle and the divine feminine.

Awesome!