Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manjushri

When something ends (an event, a day, etc) i tell myself...

11 posts in this topic

What an idiot! Why wasn't I more conscious? I do 45 mins of vipassana daily for 2 years now. Yet I still get carried by pleasant events you know, eg hanging out with friends. And the experience would be so much more vivid and alive if I could be aware the whole time. I get often snippets of awareness, stay in it for a while but get sucked back in. Are there any methods or something that keep you mindful during the day? 

@Gligorije I don't think there is anything wrong with indulging in pleasures. I think it's when you make that your identity is when it becomes an issue. There is a whole world and lifetime of experiences, I don't think we are supposed to just not participate in everything. 

Just don't stress it man :) control what you can and take responsibility for that alone. The rest is just extra. Have fun and just enjoy the journey, what happened happened, so move on and be better, if you feel that is what you need to do :) 

@Gligorije vippasna alone won't enable you to experience the full range of your consciousness. It's not about what meditation you use and how much time you do it but in what way has your being been purified by your ego. This could happen in one seating alone or in 2  lifetimes. The root cause of your unconsciousness lies in places that meditation alone won't help you discover... Well maybe hardcore meditation will do but not just a 45 minute seating a day. There are plenty of techniques and methods to use. Some of them are : psychoanalysis, shadow work, kriya yoga(or other types of yoga), psychedelics(with caution), self inquiry,spiritual autolysis(jed mckenna), the work(byron Katie) and plenty other. Of course theoretical understanding of life and of yourself is crucial so I would recommend more learning... 

@Gligorije

Sounds like you’re asking about how / why you loose mindfulness / awareness to begin with...?

Be attentive to the ways thought “sucks you back in”, and try to appreciate how sneaky it is.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2018-09-16 at 3:44 PM, Manjushri said:

What an idiot! Why wasn't I more conscious? I do 45 mins of vipassana daily for 2 years now. Yet I still get carried by pleasant events you know, eg hanging out with friends. And the experience would be so much more vivid and alive if I could be aware the whole time. I get often snippets of awareness, stay in it for a while but get sucked back in. Are there any methods or something that keep you mindful during the day? 

Some kind of practice away from the cushion might help.

You start your post by saying that you should not be able to get unconscious because you practice 2x45 minutes of meditation per day.
Of course you will be unconscious most of the day if you only make the effort to practice 90 minutes per day.
If you want to be conscious all day, then the logical thing to do is to practice being conscious all day right ?

Meditation isn't sitting and doing a specific task with your mind, that's still trying to do escape life and that's still a resistance to the present moment.
Meditation is being conscious, and that's it.
This you can do everyday whatever you do.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Manjushri Stop fighting the mind.

Fighting the mind is like wrestling with a pig.
After 6 hours you realize that the mind loves it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The entity that fights and what is to be fought co arise as one unit of apparent movement...

Simply mind feeding itself. 

Things, Events, Days, the entity that fights, and what is to be fought, (beginning & ends) co-arise as one single unitary activity ‘as’ YOU?

Edited by Jack River