Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sven

The Answer to Enlightenment

19 posts in this topic

Hi lovely people,

Some of you are quite developed here I believe, but I was thinking by myself about enlightenment. Is it true when I say that "Enlightenment" is Death?

Secondly (question mark), both physical and mental death or ... only physical?

Thanks guys

41 minutes ago, Sven said:

Hi lovely people,

Some of you are quite developed here I believe, but I was thinking by myself about enlightenment. Is it true when I say that "Enlightenment" is Death?

Secondly (question mark), both physical and mental death or ... only physical?

Thanks guys

Enlightenment is the shattering of the illusion of duality and idea of "me".  As the idea of "me" is shattered, it is figuratively called the death of "me".

Physical death has nothing to do with enlightenment.  Mental death is a closer pointer...the mentally created "me".

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@Sven

Life & death, physical & nonphysical, are interdependent plays. Death holds our attention inherently, but it’s our birth that’s worth the inquiry. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The distinction between physical and mental is arbitrary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Mu! ? 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But leo (pun not intended), that cant be right. You are saying then that if I commit suicide physically then there is enlightenment. But you also say its the same as the mental aspect- so killing the mental self would result in physical death?

Instead of giving you an ‘answer’ which means nothing, this is the sustainable answer that I wanna respond with.  This came outta my Journal.

HOW TO DO ENLIGHTENMENT WORK

Self-observation and keen-mindfulness are the way to do it.  Always be asking yourself, ‘what is literally here vs. what do I take to be real?’  You’ll start to see the discrepancy between those and thus the illusion of Thought and Experience will start to unravel like an ingenious magic trick — but an illusion nonetheless.  Always ask yourself this: ‘What is real?’  Not what is reality, that’s too abstract.  But ask rather, ‘what is real right here right now in this moment?’  And then look, don’t rely on Thought to tell you.  You gotta have a very literal observation.  Thought fills in a lot of gaps in that literal observation.  Thought is what creates ‘out there’ when all there is is ‘in here’.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Sven said:

so killing the mental self would result in physical death?

Yup!

Which is why it's scary.

Nonduality means that all distinctions are arbitrary, including the distinction between life and death, reality and fantasy.

What's left is the Groundless Ground, The Void, The Infinite, The Absolute, The Godhead -- which is totally indistinct.

1 hour ago, Sven said:

But leo (pun not intended), that cant be right. You are saying then that if I commit suicide physically then there is enlightenment. But you also say its the same as the mental aspect- so killing the mental self would result in physical death?

The mental self is an idea/ thought which arises within the field of consciousness (your true self). Killing the mental self (stilling the thoughts in mind) would result in simply being conscious of whatever remains. You create an experience of physicality from yourself (you are consciousness). Thought experience is also created from consciousness. Physical and mental experiences all arise from consciousness, they are made of the same stuff. You do not die physically because there was no physical you to begin with, it was just an idea. 'A suicide' would be the experience of the action of suicide taking place within consciousness.  So yes, when you die mentally you realise there was no physical you to begin with so you simultaneously die 'physically'.

Edited by Cepzeu

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup!

Which is why it's scary.

Nonduality means that all distinctions are arbitrary, including the distinction between life and death, reality and fantasy.

What's left is the Groundless Ground, The Void, The Infinite, The Absolute, The Godhead -- which is totally indistinct.

During the comeup of a few trips - as distinctions melted away - it made no difference if I stabbed myself or drank a glass of water. 

I’m not sure if this is along the lines of what you’re describing. What you wrote reminded me of it.

@Serotoninluv Right, because when the sense of self dissolves, survival becomes irrelevant because you are conscious of your immortality.

In other words, a dead man can't die and has nothing to lose or fear.

Life bloomed as an expression of the absolute, it is the fruit of the absolute so living an enriched experience of the manifest existence transcends any 'dead self walking' state in the joy and fulfillment one can be present with since it is holistic in harmony of unity.

Haha

Its the awareness of the illusion of death.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Its the awareness of the illusion of death.

Nicely put. :)

Only illusions are born, have separate little lives, and then die.

"What is dead may never die''

I wonder if the Greyjoys really know what's being pointed here every time they shout it out xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Thanks for all the replies my friends.

Unless I'm missing the point of physical/mental here, why are we talking about this then? Since you guys are replying that means you're physically alive right, you moved your fingers to type .. etc. So are we then not all beating around the bush? We are not dead.

27 minutes ago, Sven said:

Thanks for all the replies my friends.

Unless I'm missing the point of physical/mental here, why are we talking about this then? Since you guys are replying that means you're physically alive right, you moved your fingers to type .. etc. So are we then not all beating around the bush? We are not dead.

That's the illusion of a separate entity abiding somewhere and doing stuff. There was and is no one alive in the first place. By death, it means the death of the illusion you currently have. 

Feel free to watch the entire video if it resonates with you.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''