Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dinesh

Panic attacks how to get relief

11 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I suffer panic attacks, when I think about me being alone, away from my home and when I wake up. Can you ppl let me know if you have overcome such things 

@dinesh Panic attacks are just fear of having fear, I overcome them after lot of work since is with your mind where you should work, the best a most direct way of overcoming them is to stand there and ask the fear to come more and more you will just realized that fear does not exists in itself is just your own thoughts which feed that fear, you need to practice a lot on that and know that as you will just start with that it will feel as hell in the beginning but is as sure that you will overcome them that even after that you will lough of that state How could you even believe that ?!.. I recommend you the linden method (but go all the way with it). 

https://www.thelindenmethod.co.uk/

Also, read the book the power of now by Eckart Tolle may give a great understanding about how the mind works, and in the end is all about understanding, we are in a kind of darkness when we  know nothing about our own mind functioning so you need to get a frame of reference about how all your mind, thoughts, decisions, beliefs, are being deployed. As you are suffering you will have the willing to go throughout all that realization.

Good look and know that you will never be in danger for real, all is your mind creation.

Samuel

Breath-work.

The breathing becomes very shallow and constricted during panic attacks, so practicing breathing exercises can help. Especially abdominal breath. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

@dinesh hi there. if that's not a physiological issue, which i doubt to be the case, you may have lots of inner work to do.

the safe way to tell you what to do is saying that you should seek professional help, but i'm not saying that because it didn't work for me.

in my case, it came down to a moment where i decided to heal myself. hell, it was the most painful and brilliant idea back then.

this is what i did. it may or may not be the case for you, but feel free to try.

i started to investigate if there was a fundamental truth behind everything i had been telling myself for 25 years. there was simply a huge pile of shit under the carpet and i finally had the courage to clean it all up.

this is the big line that guided me and still guides me through Life: find a way to live your life as an open book.

stop doing stuff that you need to hide from others. stop doing stuff that make you ashamed of yourself. if you succeed, you won't need to meet people and put up the mask of a strange made up entity. instead, you'll be able to look straight to people's eyes and be comfortable with who you are and make deeper connections without any fear of rejections because you've finally accepted yourself.

living as an open book is living with a light heart. you don't have to be the crawling creepy creature. you can be a graceful healthy being.

unborn Truth

My personal instant panic attack relief methods:

- sit on floor while taking cold shower for 2 minutes at least, breathe. you'll kind of get numb.

- meditation for 5-10 min at least (if you can't do i.e sometimes if severe, the only method worked me was cold showers)

- asmr videos

cure books:

- feeling good by david burns (archive.org available legal free digital)

11 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@dinesh

this is the big line that guided me and still guides me through Life: find a way to live your life as an open book.

stop doing stuff that you need to hide from others. stop doing stuff that make you ashamed of yourself. if you succeed, you won't need to meet people and put up the mask of a strange made up entity. instead, you'll be able to look straight to people's eyes and be comfortable with who you are and make deeper connections without any fear of rejections because you've finally accepted yourself.

living as an open book is living with a light heart. you don't have to be the crawling creepy creature. you can be a graceful healthy being.

This makes sense, and I wish I could do this, but my panic attacks (sorry to hijack the topic with personal stuff) are more related to the fear of having diseases, physical defect, etc. They usually go like "what's that feel? Oh shit, imagine if my heart, my brain, etc was actually..."
Not sure where it comes from, but I've seen a cardiolog a few months ago and I actually have a heart condition (that should be a problem now and that's not helping ¬¬)

Knowledge, (know as much as you can about panic attacks), practice the techniques for overcoming panic attacks, meditate daily. Finally, let the subconscious take over once these habits are implemented. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

yes , I had a psychiatrist once who said that when you feel the panic come on , to tell yourself ," Oh here it is again that feeling , it will go away soon , just feel it and nothing will happen , it is just one of these things again' .

I guess it is soothing self talk and another therapist showed me how to do Box Breathing ,.counting to four while breathing in through nose  hold to the count of four  on the top , then do slow breathing our to the count of four  out of mouth,   then hold breath to the count of four at the exhale .

I heard that sharpshooter learn to do this kind of breathing to keep them calm ....

On 04.09.2018 at 7:48 AM, dinesh said:

Hi, 

I suffer panic attacks, when I think about me being alone, away from my home and when I wake up. Can you ppl let me know if you have overcome such things 

Ground the energy from the plexus into the right leg. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I have read somewhere from john sonmez that he used to have panic attacks and what he did was to fully feel them with zero resistance to overcome them.

Edited by BjarkeT