Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

Frank Zappa was mostly orange with hints of green and wrote some songs which lampooned the excesses of blue and green. 

For example, 
In "Who Needs the Peace Corps?"

I'm completely stoned
I'm hippy & I'm trippy
I'm a gypsy on my own
I'll stay a week & get the crabs &
Take a bus back home
I'm really just a phony
But forgive me
'Cause I'm stoned

Every town must have a place
Where phony hippies meet
Psychedelic dungeons
Popping up on every street
GO TO SAN FRANCISCO . . .

First I'll buy some beads
And then perhaps a leather band
To go around my head
Some feathers and bells
And a book of Indian lore
I will ask the Chamber Of Commerce
How to get to Haight Street
And smoke an awful lot of dope
I will wander around barefoot
I will have a psychedelic gleam in my eye at all times
I will love everyone
I will love the police as they kick the shit out of me on the street

Leo is exactly right about Burning Man. 
I've been going to burns for 3yrs now so I speak from experience in saying Burning Man and its culture are a great way to pull yourself from Orange into Green.

Here's the founder of Burning Man, Larry Harvey, who recently passed away speaking in a 2016 interview about some of his views that inform burner culture and exemplify the Green stage of SD. 

Here are the 10 Principles of Burning man that Larry wrote up in 2004 to describe what made the event special and help guide the community as it continues to grow.  

Radical Inclusion
Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

Gifting
Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

Decommodification
In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

Radical Self-reliance
Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.

Radical Self-expression
Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.

Communal Effort
Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.

Civic Responsibility
We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.

Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

Participation
Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

Immediacy
Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

Edited by waking_dreams

Gabor Mate, this guy is the epitome of healthy Green, very inspiring.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles Excellent! Lots of wisdom packed into 3 minutes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@waking_dreams Great stuff, those 10 principles.

2 hours ago, Sparkist said:

@Sparkist This is very powerful. (And a great example of green as well.) Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

@Sparkist This is very powerful. (And a great example of green as well.) Thanks. 

@Elisabeth :x Thank you for your comment. She's great! And she's done some other fantastic work too. All from a Green point of view. 

Hint: If your poo is Green, you're probably Green ;)

Saw this yesterday. This'll trigger a green person. A horrible ad done by an Orange. IMG_20180630_134936.jpg

Here, my favorite green video. A 33 degree freemason talking about love.

Probably the most mature and healthy way of being at stage green that I have ever heard of, this is a must listen to, it may even trigger you from stage orange into stage green. Atleast it did for me.

11 hours ago, Spacious said:

Type in 'Jordan Peterson Nihilism' into YouTube and you will find a plethora of examples of Peterson discussing this, and in one video he even has some ideas about why Nihilism may be wrong from a biological level. The response to that could be "from the perspective of the infinite, there is no right and wrong" etc, but Peterson is working to reconcile science and religion, rather than defaulting everything to 'infinity'.

Piaget believed equilibrated states emerging in childhood as an innate expression of morality, which could be seen as infinite intelligence expressed in finite form without the cognizance of being socially constructed. What Peterson is working from is the notion that 'Life Purpose' is a fragmentary expression of god.

I don't really disagree with anything you said here. I do wanna say though is that I think Peterson is a great example of someone living a purpose driven life. He seems so passionate and absolutely grounded in his principles. Some yogic schools see life purpose alone as a possible way to reach enlightenment. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Peterson gets a glimpse of infinity while lecturing. 

Perhaps Yellowish too. Hard to pigeonhole him.

But he's definitely beyond Blue or Orange. Incredible level of integrity and selflessness this guy has.

Great example of Orange gone Green.

Stage Blue hates whistleblowers because it sees them as traitors to the civilization Blue is trying to build.

And Stage Orange hates whistleblowers because they ruin profits and Orange's ability to manipulate.