Aaron p

What is the purpose of meditation and what is the purpose of awareness?

28 posts in this topic

Feel free to go into as little or as much detail as possible. All is helpful

When there is motive-intention (positive-negative movement of the self), in pursuit of a goal, there can be no meditation/awareness. 

The sooner this is holistically understood and choicelessly observed, the sooner meditation/awareness is actualized. 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

When there is motive-intention (positive-negative movement of the self), in pursuit of a goal, there can be no meditation/awareness. 

Can we say that awareness and meditation without motive-intention (unconditioned observation) are one and the same?

17 minutes ago, robdl said:

Can we say that awareness and meditation without motive-intention (unconditioned observation) are one and the same?

Indeed

Motive implies direction; a means to an end, psychological time, and to perpetuate the division between the meditatior and the process of meditation. This can most definitely contribute to the self feeding loop of fear, which is the very preventing factor of (holistic observation); unbound-unconditioned awareness .

As long as we feed this self feeding loop, we remain bound by causality. In this cycle of causatality, there is a perpetual movement away from what is, which always feeds fear. (Fear-psychological time), in movement acts as a hindrance to meditation-awareness. 

Edited by Faceless

22 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The sooner this is holistically understood and choicelessly observed, the sooner meditation/awareness is actualized. 

It’s where almost everyone starts with meditation practice, then insights come accidentally. Letting go of the pursuit brings peace and an aha moment! 

Rinse and repeat coz the insight doesn’t stick the first time :)

Freedom is never the result of cultivated conflict. 

The application of time, (thought), cannot end the mechanical movement of time, (thought)

This is perhaps why people get caught in the self feeding loop of (TIME) for so long, or for there entire lives. 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

It’s where almost everyone starts with meditation practice, then insights come accidentally. Letting go of the pursuit brings peace and an aha moment! 

Rinse and repeat coz the insight doesn’t stick the first time :)

Some may not want to go through all the unnecessary conflict-struggle.  :)

Edited by Faceless

Freedom from suffering, and discovering unbroken peace and bliss and the secrets of the universe. What else do you want?

20 minutes ago, BuddhaTree said:

Freedom from suffering, and discovering unbroken peace and bliss and the secrets of the universe. What else do you want?

@BuddhaTree A piece of mom's apple pie would be nice.

28 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Some may not want to go through all the unnecessary conflict-struggle.  :)

Cut straight through the hoopness ?

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@BuddhaTree A piece of mom's apple pie would be nice.

Make sure to cool down the pie first :D

8 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Make sure to cool down the pie first :D

@Sashaj That's the next best thing to eating mom's apple pie. Smelling mom's apple pie fresh out of the oven and having to wait for it to cool. It's the simple things in life that are real.  Cherish every moment now. That's where the real magic happens.

13 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

It's the simple things in life that are real.  Cherish every moment now.

Too many are busy mental masturbating over their conceptual belief paradigms and miss the fulfilling simple things in life.

@Aaron p To  be  now, being presence / consciousness. Notice how you can remember thoughts & events from when you were a kid, and when you were a teenager. Notice how you can not remember the consciousness you experienced it through, because the consciousness, the now, never moved, never changed. The body & thoughts changed. See that the person and everything around it is moving through you, not you through it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

meditation & awareness is a joke but you have to meditate and become more aware to get the joke 

On my DXM+LSD trip one visualization that helped me understand meditation was I saw energy in me and that energy was connected to everything, the universe. Meditation is what draws me back into myself to foster and harmonize with that energy when usually we are so focused on the outside. This is a very dualistic idea but it is a start.

12 hours ago, Artaemis said:

Practically, it dissolves all my physical and emotional pain and suffering. 

Bonuses are fountains of beauty, heaven and unlimited creation. 

@Artaemis how does it dissolve all your physical and emotional pain and suffering?

@Faceless @Faceless

12 hours ago, Faceless said:

I think your talking about something I found myself. I took a hold of a goal in my mind which was "to pursue enlightenment." But I had to let go of that goal to continue my pursuit of enlightenment. Is that what you mean?

12 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Aaron p Don't "woefully underestimate" the value of this video.

@cetus56 I just rewatched the whole video...thank you. But I'm still thinking about what the actual purpose of awareness is. I feel like it's core purpose is possibly to deconstruct the conceptualisations of the mind.