Cortex

Giving Advices Is Stupid And Receiving Advices Too

14 posts in this topic

Because everyone is different, and because of that what may work for me may not work for you so I never give any advices unless I know someone very well or his situation then I can give advice but not from myself but just because I can see what will be the best for that person in a particular situation, I of course never ever receive any advices, I just learn and learn from the most of the sources possible and see that everything is different, what may work for me may not work for you, and what can work for you may not work for me, also every situation is different, so what worked once may not work twice, everything is just always different and giving Advices is like a dogma, like some kind of rule, there is no such thing in the entire universe which could work in every place, in every situation, and with every individual, so being flexible and more like a chameleon is a way to go rather than holding to some dogmatic rule of someone who is completely different that you and been in a completely different place than you and in a different situation than you 

Everyone should just know what is the best for them rather than listening to some dumb advices of others who either don't understand that everyone is different or just don't care as long as dumb people are listening, this is number 1 problem of personal development industry, and this makes personal development industry really dumb and silly

Edited by Cortex
Everyone Is Different

29 minutes ago, RichardY said:

@ajasatya Not necessarily, contradicting himself^_^. Depends on state.

"everyone should..." is a straightforward advice. he's either contradicting himself or calling himself stupid. pick one :D

unborn Truth

15 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

he's either contradicting himself or calling himself stupid. pick one :D

Who says it can't be both :ph34r:

It's Love.

@ajasatya Yeah usually I try to work with the tools I have. Advice (To see), Stupid (Stupor) Stupor- "A state of near unconsciousness or insensibility." I think that's the thing with the unconsciousness, you don't perceive it, because it's unconscious..... 

"The Red Book" might help, don't really know, haven't read it (@Cortex mentioned reading it in another post) I think probably more experimental with Jung's own pscyhology.

But see what's weird is that you're actually giving advice in this post.  Can you see it?

Eh, putting aside the contradiction (sometimes life is filled with paradoxes and logical contradictions, and that's okay), I can kind of see what OP means.

Most life advice I've ever been given was useless or even harmful over the long-term because:

1) Let's say you are on a certain path and need advice moving forward. Most people won't give you advice to help you on your path; they will give you advice that will help you get on their path. In other words, they assume that you want what they want, and few people have the self-awareness to realize that other people have a different agenda than they do.

2) If you are a very flat-out weird, unusual person, then you will need to take a weird, unusual approach to solve many of your problems and most of the people around you will give you the wrong advice. Even seemingly simple questions like, "How should I learn what I need to learn to make a living?" can take on a complicated dimension if you try to do what everyone else does or what is just "common sense."

I learned this the hard way. For example, most people have totally different intentions when it comes to career and relationships than I do, so following their advice (even just by default) led me WAY off my path for many years.

Unless the advice is about something very concrete, like "How do I change the brakes on my bike?", it's 9 times out of 10 useless (at least in my experience). The weirder of a person you are, the more useless advice will be coming from most people. The voice within gives much better "advice."

Im not sure if the five strawman comments in this thread is due to trolling or genuine lack of understanding what OP says. Just because giving advice and receiving advice is generally stupid doesent mean that you are hipocrite for doing it. Advice are just signs showing the road, not the road itself. They are the fastest tool of self-developement to be thrown away after implemention to your life, generally after one or two books you read about the subject you got adviced on.

I love how some people claim to have meditated for a year or even two, and they have no fucking clue or understanding of their own emotions. This is taking advice seriously, someone says you need to meditate for 20 minutes a day to get superpowers and then you think you progress while you dont progress at all. Dont take an advice, instead look where it points at and pick a fucking book

Edited by Hansu

Some advice can be good though, like telling your children not to play in traffic. :)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yeah, people who blindly follow advice aren’t particularly smart. But...

Advice, like any language, is just a way of helping the other person imagine pieces of reality. Maybe you have something you learned and experienced that would benefit huge groups of people! Wouldn’t you make other people stupid by keeping it to yourself? 

On 8/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

But see what's weird is that you're actually giving advice in this post.  Can you see it?

lol ? Yes true an advice been given

?IngitScooby ?