MrDmitriiV

Doubts about CHAKRAS

21 posts in this topic

I started practicing Kriya yoga, but I don't understand what chakras are all about.

Should I blindly belief that they exist or are there any books, articles or whatever which will provide me with experiential explanation, something I can experience and confirm for myself and not just imagine their existence?

QUESTION TO LEO: Does the "Kundalini..." book from your book-list provide some explanations on chakras? (I practice from the short book on kriya yoga, the big one won't ship to my country)

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

You blindly believe other people exist.

99% of all your beliefs are blind faith. So what's one more gonna do?

No one is asking you to believe in chakras. Yoga is a practice. You do it and see what happens. It's like looking inside a microscope. No one cares what you believe. You just look in the damn thing with enough openmindness to accept whatever shows up.

It might take you a few years of looking to really see what's there. In the meantime, be radically openminded.

Notice, you never asked this question about all the current nonsense you believe. You just swallowed it gullibly.

You never asked: "Why should I believe in the number 5? Does it really exist?"

99% of the things you think exist, don't. So what? Somehow you are still able to wake up in the morning and get things done.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So Yoga is based on pure luck practicing until something happens isnt that dangerous considering there is playing with the energy etc.?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf Is looking into a microscope pure luck?

Is weightlifting pure luck?

Is doing math pure luck?

Is learning to play guitar pure luck?

@Leo Gura On one hand it is on other it isnt but yoga is random you cant expect what will happen (imo) but when i train my biceps they will grow when i do yoga i dont know whats happening and what exactly im doing...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

Yoga is not random. Not in my experience, especially when you do it right or have a good teacher. You can clearly see physical, mental and spiritual (or whatever you like to call it) improvement within a years time, even if you only do it for one day a week. The trick is to do it right.

But it's good that you are doubting. There is a privilege with a doubter to go deeper and search higher. Who knows what you will find :) Do the doubting, and do the seeking.

To the amateur, mastery and excellence look like randomness.

12 hours ago, Outer said:

@Leo Gura Why even mention chakras?

Why mention the brain or chemicals?

Whatever you do, you're using concepts to make sense of reality.

@MrDmitriiV , I'll try answering your question.

In this world, illusory or otherwise, yoga posits the existence of a psychic body. This body has chakras, the study of which has been extensive in Indian Yoga. The ancient books by Patanjali describe chakras in detail. Patanjali was "The compiler of the Yoga sūtras, a text on Yoga theory and practice, and a notable scholar of Samkhya school of Hindu philosophy. He is variously estimated to have lived between 2nd century BCE to 4th century CE, with more scholars accepting dates between 2nd and 4th century CE." (Wiki)

I personally have had healers describe the condition of my chakras to me: on one occasion, after a few months following my training with a group of Pranic healers, I visited them. When I walked into the building and met one healer, she told me that my chakras were spinning slowly (which indicate stress/depression). This had occurred because I had recently found out that a close family member had motor neurone disease. A few minutes later, I walked into another room and met another healer who said exactly the same thing. Both these healers were known for their clairvoyance and ability to see the psychic body. This incident convinced me that chakras were very much present and their "health" was representative of our mental, spiritual and physical health.

There are dozens of books on kundalini and chakras. 

Raja Yoga by Vivekanand is a classic.

also Kundalini Tantra by Saraswati Satyananda Swami 

Edited by astrokeen

@MrDmitriiV  Try this one.

I could feel it having an effect on body relaxation and mood immediately. If there is enough awareness of your body, you can feel different effects for different chakras.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Leo Gura @astrokeen To be honest I can feel as though these chakras "open up" after doing Kriya Bow. It's like they form a river in my body and after doing the Bow the river becomes full with positive energy. 

I was just unsure about their nature. Are they "colorful balls" or not.

7 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

I was just unsure about their nature. Are they "colorful balls" or not.

it's more like an association.

Like you probably associate love with the color red, anger maybe red too, depression as dark/grey, spirit with blue maybe.

the chakras are ultimately nerve pathways I think, but the associations can be ascribed to colors and shapes.

@Samra Yeah doing it right is a thing are there any useful begginer tips mistakes to avoid or dangeours etc?

It's you.

Now fight.

@MrDmitriiV , they are whirls of energy in different colours. They spin at certain speeds - slow speeds indicate depression. The clarity of their colours indicate their health. All are open - some more so than others. The kriys yoga you mentioned, firstly, makes you aware of energy flows and currents which arise from meditaiton. There are 3 channels up the spine - Ida, Pingala, Sushmana. Some meditations engage one of these and not the others.

Please read Raja Yoga. It is a small very useful primer.

'Hands of light ' by Barbara Brennan shows pictures of chakras and how these alter under different t conditions. Great book.

In Hindu kundalini yoga texts, the anatomy of the chakras has been described in detail - each chakra not only has a colour but is likened to a flower so comprises a number of petals. Each has a key sound or Bija Mantra which activates the chakra, as well as a deity. 

Edited by astrokeen

15 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Samra Yeah doing it right is a thing are there any useful begginer tips mistakes to avoid or dangeours etc?

Tips for learning yoga?

Edited by Samra

@Samra Leo has great book recomandations on his booklist, it's really worth i!

On 8/2/2018 at 1:27 AM, Leo Gura said:

You blindly believe other people exist.

99% of all your beliefs are blind faith. So what's one more gonna do?

No one is asking you to believe in chakras. Yoga is a practice. You do it and see what happens. It's like looking inside a microscope. No one cares what you believe. You just look in the damn thing with enough openmindness to accept whatever shows up.

It might take you a few years of looking to really see what's there. In the meantime, be radically openminded.

Notice, you never asked this question about all the current nonsense you believe. You just swallowed it gullibly.

You never asked: "Why should I believe in the number 5? Does it really exist?"

99% of the things you think exist, don't. So what? Somehow you are still able to wake up in the morning and get things done.

A NOTE ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT

For Enlightenment, ‘clinging’ to the ‘belief’ that other people don’t exist is just as bad as ‘clinging’ to the ‘belief’ that they do.  Both are stuck in the Paradigm of ‘Need to Know BE-ing or Not Know BE-ing’.  Enlightenment is not about ‘my belief is better than yours’.  Need to Know BE-ing or Not Know BE-ing is orthogonal to simply BE-ing in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor